Prodigal Sun, Episode 4.5

Options

Comments

• morgh
    morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Either last refresh (ie - last 2 hours) or last 2 refreshes (around T-15 and T-13) of SUB-BRACKETS - rubberbanding usually is based on global sub-bracket leader - if you leave doing everything until the last sub-bracket, you aint going to catch-up in main (unless RB is set to be based on main bracket, but this has not been done for quite some time I think)
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2014
    Options
    rkd80 wrote:
    Thanks for the responses guys, so if this event ends in 9 days, then most of you are waiting until 8days from now to jump in? If so, then is not everyone doing that thus somewhat negating the purpose?

Wouldn't the community scaling be very painful at that stage too?
    Not quite - the first sub-event is 3 days, so some of us will wait 2 days, then join when the sub has 15 hours or so left and do the last 2 refreshes only. You COULD wait until the very end, but then you miss out on the rewards for the first 2 sub events (since first is 3 days, seems like there will be 3 subs total), which are usually not stellar, but better than nothing.

Also, yes, community scaling is always a factor in deciding when you should play. If you're fairly new and don't have many/any of the buffed heroes then it's possible community scaling can make things too hard for you, but a lot of the guys (and gals icon_e_smile.gif) here on the forum have very developed rosters and can handle the extra levels without too much trouble.

edit: In response to morgh above - that is true if you have already joined a main bracket, but if you don't even join a main bracket until the very end, it's possible (not sure how likely) that everyone else in your bracket has only played the last sub-event, which will put you on equal footing. If you've already joined a main bracket by now, by beating that first node, then you absolutely have to play each sub-event or you will fall too far behind since morgh is correct in saying that the rubberbanding will basically reset for each sub-event.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I'll most likely do this while I continue to rank high in the end of the PvP season by not using my PvP teams in the PvE. That way I can try to work on two things at a time.

sadly i should probably not use OBW's healing to heal my PvP teams...
  • Ryz-aus
    Ryz-aus Posts: 386
    Options
    For the sake of reporting and the stats folks...I've made one pass on each available node (sub and the one on the main) which was good for 2604.

I hate typing on my phone!

Just did the same and got 3950.
  • rkd80
    rkd80 Posts: 376
    Options
    One last question folks. So I had Moonstone in my recruit list for a while thinking she might be a buffed character and decided to recruit her. She is buffed to 46 in this event, I keep hearing how buffed characters are always stronger than their non-buffed counterparts. Would a level 46 Moonstone be more effective than my level 50 IM35 or level 50 M. Storm?

I also assume that the sub-stories are the events that are referred to in the PvE guide? In other words, something like Maggia assault should be saved for the last moment push?
  • mohio
    Options
    rkd80 wrote:
    One last question folks. So I had Moonstone in my recruit list for a while thinking she might be a buffed character and decided to recruit her. She is buffed to 46 in this event, I keep hearing how buffed characters are always stronger than their non-buffed counterparts. Would a level 46 Moonstone be more effective than my level 50 IM35 or level 50 M. Storm?

I also assume that the sub-stories are the events that are referred to in the PvE guide? In other words, something like Maggia assault should be saved for the last moment push?

Usually higher rarity characters are only better than their lower rarity counterparts at higher levels (not sure what 2* = 1* but for instance about 95-100 3* is about as good as an 85 2*). This will be especially true for buffed characters since you actually have fewer covers than usual for those levels which will typically limit the effectiveness of the abilities. As for your other question, there's no need to "save" a node for a last moment push unless that node is unrepeatable. You can probably find out in the event thread (i.e. here) whether there are unrepeatable nodes or not. Feel free to beat all the nodes whenever you want, just try to make sure all your nodes will be at 100% for your final play through ideally as close to the end of the sub-event as possible to maximize your rubberband points.
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    Options
    mohio wrote:
    Not quite - the first sub-event is 3 days,

My Maggia Assault: Manhattan says 1 day 6 hours remaining. Not much time remaining to join late.
  • mohio
    Options
    TazFTW wrote:
    mohio wrote:

My Maggia Assault: Manhattan says 1 day 6 hours remaining. Not much time remaining to join late.
    Oh is it only 2 days? I thought I saw someone say 3 days earlier. Haven't joined myself, so maybe I should stick to things I actually know icon_razz.gif
  • Meto5000
    Meto5000 Posts: 583
    Options
    rkd80 wrote:

When talking about 2* vs 3* a level 85 2* has the nearly same health and match damage as a level 100 3*. Abilities usually scale similarly but not always. So a level 85 2* hero buffed 40 levels to 125 is typically equal to or stronger than a non-buffed max level 3*.

The scaling for a 1* and 2* is similar, so a level 50 1* does more damage and has more health than a level 50 2*. Therefore, Moonstone is definitely a bad choice for you in this event over your IM35 and M. Storm.
  • rkd80
    rkd80 Posts: 376
    Options
    Got it! Thank you folks icon_e_smile.gif One merit in possibly using moonstone and the other **** characters is that their health is not important to me, that way I can still use IM/Storm in SHIELD and Kraka-whatever event for the last push in pvp.
  • Meto5000
    Meto5000 Posts: 583
    Options
    TazFTW wrote:
    mohio wrote:

And to those people who are whining that the subs aren't giving out typical rewards, the sub event is also not as long as is typical. If there's a new sub every 36 hours with the same reward structure, you'll actually end up getting a ton more prizes than you usually would.

Stop complaining just to complain, or at least limit your complaints to any number of things that are actual issues.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Ryz-aus wrote:
    For the sake of reporting and the stats folks...I've made one pass on each available node (sub and the one on the main) which was good for 2604.

3645. icon_e_sad.gif
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Meto5000 wrote:
    TazFTW wrote:
    mohio wrote:

And to those people who are whining that the subs aren't giving out typical rewards, the sub event is also not as long as is typical. If there's a new sub every 36 hours with the same reward structure, you'll actually end up getting a ton more prizes than you usually would.

Stop complaining just to complain, or at least limit your complaints to any number of things that are actual issues.
    Well it's also a single sub, compared to the simulator's dual hard/easy modes, and the hunt's 3 subs (or the hulk's complete insanity)
  • Unknown
    Options
    so.. its day one of a 9 day even and people are already +5500 points...

at this rate the final progression reward would be in reach at 45000...

is anyone else concerned about the nodes being nerfed like the last event?
  • mohio
    Options
    Hey Nonce Equituar (or another mod with power?) - do you think you could update the first post to include some of the event information? Would be nice to have it a little more easily findable for others who are looking for it. Thanks!
  • Unknown
    Options
    Pjoe0211 wrote:
    so.. its day one of a 9 day even and people are already +5500 points...

at this rate the final progression reward would be in reach at 45000...

is anyone else concerned about the nodes being nerfed like the last event?

Scaling should keep points in check by the end of the second sub, let alone the third.

Also, keep in mind that unless the duration of the subs changes, at 36 hours apiece, there is room for SIX subs in this event.

Given scaling, by the fourth sub, pretty much all of the nodes will be borderline unplayable for 95% of the MPQ population after the first refresh cycle in each sub.

That said, it could be plausible that the progression rewards this time around **might** be built around expected scores based upon previous results failing to hit many of the progression tiers. Of course, the proof is in the pudding, "show me the receipts", and so on.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Pamizard wrote:
    hmmm if only i had more roster space I would want to get daken's 3* but, I'm out of room.

Not planning on wasting money on this game again any time soon, I got a new WiiU game coming out next week that I preordered since March so i prefer to save my money for that O-o

sooooooooo I should probably obtain whatever hero points im missing from the prologue, see how many hero points I will obtain at the end of the PvP season 1 and see if i will be able to buy my 20th slot in case i do get Daken's 3* by luck
    I'd be careful with Mario Kart, I heard the rubberbanding is so insane that only the last lap really matters icon_e_wink.gif

One tortoise shell and you'll be knocked out of the race too
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sweenz wrote:
    Ryz-aus wrote:

3645. icon_e_sad.gif

Started ~1 hour ago and completing each pin just once (including the 2 Daken required pins) is 4508 for me.

Edit: FBI Warning - Winners don't use bad grammar!
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    1 complete clear about 90 minutes ago got me 3045 icon_e_sad.gif Well I say complete clear I dont have Lazen Daken.

3000 points behind the main bracket leader.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Um.... World Rupture + Sacrifice = Instant win....

Word Rupture is literally OBW's Espionage in AoE form, + Strike tiles times TEN at level 4, with level 5 suggesting 14 CD tiles.

Some quick math on the 77 loaner in the first sub.

World Rupture = 92 damage per CD tile.
    Sacrifice = 289 strike tile.

Each CD tile is resolved as a separate attack, so...

Maximum damage = (289 + 92) * 10 = 3810 AoE damage to enemies for 7 Green and 8 Yellow.... at level 77....

Let's talk potentially 5 Green and 5 Yellow at level 77,

Maximum damage = (355 + 92) * 14 = 6258 AoE damage. icon_eek.gif

If somehow you can get rid of half of the CD tiles in the 2 turns allotted, you are simply done if he casts green and there are any strike tiles on the board.

That is just a wee bit over the top too powerful there....