Prodigal Sun, Episode 4.5

Options

Comments

• Seasick Pirate
    Seasick Pirate Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    CptNoraa wrote:
    They should be doing this with EVERY new character, one free cover at the start and then the rest from end game rewards.

When they did that originally, I was going through Hero Points quickly because I needed to open a new roster space every event, along with the 1 & 2-star characters I was trying to collect. I would think more people would be buying Hero Points if they need to keep opening roster slots form the "gimme" covers.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    iPulzzz wrote:
    What if the hard mode from previous subs that we failed to unlock actually gives free Sentry cover for the other colors? icon_e_biggrin.gif
    conspiracy-keanu.jpg
  • TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Totally unexpected bonus prize - well played, D3. icon_cool.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    someone in my alliance didn't get the cover when doing the mission. Anyone else had that?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Kudos to Demiurge for the essentially free red Sentry cover. I hope they take it to heart what a positive response and feeling of goodwill from the playerbase such a simple act generates. What costs them essentially nothing engenders a great deal of customer loyalty.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Chimaera wrote:
    I went and did that node immediately lest they change it. Flashbacks to getting non green hulk covers from the free hulk node while I got stuck with the 100percent useless green. Wanted to make sure I got the needed red I am not locked in top 20 at 17th but im looking ok.

Agreed, got screwed by that green thing as well. Probably had a million greens but had to buy my blacks.

You better make T20 because I'm not far behind you and hoping to squeak in as well. I got so far behind when I didn't grind the point pinata sub at the beginning and been slowly getting back up
  • Arogntbastrd
    Arogntbastrd Posts: 1,009 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wait. Free cover what now? Did I miss a last minute free cover node? Son of a...

Could someone enlighten me please
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Options
    New nodes have unlocked in Thunderbolts Mountain. Complete the node there and the prize is a Red Sentry cover. It will make your day icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    Red Sentry. Awwww yisssss.
    Wait. Free cover what now? Did I miss a last minute free cover node? Son of a...
    Yes. You missed it. It's not there anymore, cuz just no. icon_e_surprised.gif
  • Arogntbastrd
    Options
    Isn't prodigal sun over? Did they extend it or did I just see the end time wrong?

I fully expect this magical node to be gone by the time I get home
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Isn't prodigal sun over? Did they extend it or did I just see the end time wrong?

Well, if you take 9 1/2 hours to get home, then yes, it will be gone. Otherwise you'll get a free Sentry.
  • Unknown
    Options
    As of right now, you still have 9 hours and 10 minutes to go. All you need to do is finish a single rather easy node with the sentry as reinforcement.
  • Arogntbastrd
    Options
    Hot damn! Thanks guys. Except you hail mary. You hurt my heart
  • Dreylin
    Dreylin Posts: 241
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:

Well, if you take 9 1/2 hours to get home, then yes, it will be gone. Otherwise you'll get a free Sentry.
    Don't mind Arognt; he's just confused now because the ground isn't shaking now he's got his 'quake legs.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    I got 7K ove #2 and 8K over #3 I think, but I'm having this fear of some kind of epic choke at the end. I imagine dropping out of 1st at this point would be like losing a best of 7 after being up 4-0, but you never know.

I think the latter is quite impossible, and the former pretty unlikely. We have what, under 10k potential points in a refresh? And the last 3 asking for more games than the first 7? Knowing that if that was the state at the start the leader can just play just a handful of games to get 2k and repeat that to get beyond the event horizon?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    scottee wrote:
    Anyone still complaining that they shortened the point progression bar?

I bet someone will still post like 'Simulator Basic requiring Sentry for essentials is P2W' when the event starts (assuming Sentry is required).

Probably Sentry will be one of the bosses what is pretty bad, as not fun playing with the 1-4 cover thing at all.

If we are lucky then Sentry will be just a regular big buff but leave bossing to more established characters, say LDaken, Mags, Psylocke taken from recent prizes. Or those left out from sym bossing this far.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Yahoo, picked up a Daken Purple and Sentry Red!!! All covers i did not expect to earn in this PvE.
  • rawl316
    rawl316 Posts: 114
    Options
    I must be the only one not thrilled. I only grinded to get the covers so I'd have an advantage in future events that require him.

I wouldn't have grinded so hard if I could just play one event and get him.
  • rawl316
    Options
    beemand2g wrote:
    rawl316 wrote:
    I'm stuck in beee's bracket. He's first overall with 58k. I'm 3rd with 51.5k. I'm 4k above 10th place. I'd have to imagine that I'm good for a top 20 finish, even if I don't play anymore.

I doubt I will go after top 2. X force just isn't a draw for me. 2nd is 1.5k ahead of me.

Do we need to use that 50% damage token? It's for this event only, so we lose it right? Do they rerun events and I can save it for later?

If people wanna make a run for x force I am good I haven't added many pts this sub just managing my scaling now which is more important then selling another xforce for 1000iso.

I don't have an x force and don't care. If I get him, cool beans. I'm just content to finish top 20.

That said, I'll give it a shot. Thanks beee!
  • rawl316
    Options
    Ugh, I'm 5l behind you. I don't see this happening.