Prodigal Sun, Episode 4.5

Options

Comments

• Arogntbastrd
    Arogntbastrd Posts: 1,009 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dreylin wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Isn't prodigal sun over? Did they extend it or did I just see the end time wrong?

I fully expect this magical node to be gone by the time I get home
    Well, if you take 9 1/2 hours to get home, then yes, it will be gone. Otherwise you'll get a free Sentry.
    Don't mind Arognt; he's just confused now because the ground isn't shaking now he's got his 'quake legs.

YOU WERENT THERE!!!

you don't know...
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    rawl316 wrote:
    I must be the only one not thrilled. I only grinded to get the covers so I'd have an advantage in future events that require him.

I wouldn't have grinded so hard if I could just play one event and get him.
    He should be a top-tier character in general. Get as many covers of him as possible.
  • MaxCavalera
    MaxCavalera Posts: 425 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    CptNoraa wrote:
    They should be doing this with EVERY new character, one free cover at the start and then the rest from end game rewards.

When they did that originally, I was going through Hero Points quickly because I needed to open a new roster space every event, along with the 1 & 2-star characters I was trying to collect. I would think more people would be buying Hero Points if they need to keep opening roster slots form the "gimme" covers.

Also the started new players on the buy blocks of slots so giving them a bunch of 3* covers before they can use them effectively forces them get get a block of slots for 400 HP i think it was?
  • Unknown
    Options
    yay one sentry

and i sacrificed moonstone for him and used all the iso to get my Ares to 84 (AWW YEAH FIRST 85 IS ALMOST HERE)

funny is i'll most likey make the top 20 (first time ever in PvE believe it or not)if I keep focusing on this event and continue psycho cut tomorrow

oh and i reached 350000 points and got the coin and it gave me Human Torch's Black
  • Unknown
    Options
    pasa_ wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    I got 7K ove #2 and 8K over #3 I think, but I'm having this fear of some kind of epic choke at the end. I imagine dropping out of 1st at this point would be like losing a best of 7 after being up 4-0, but you never know.

I think the latter is quite impossible, and the former pretty unlikely. We have what, under 10k potential points in a refresh? And the last 3 asking for more games than the first 7? Knowing that if that was the state at the start the leader can just play just a handful of games to get 2k and repeat that to get beyond the event horizon?

I think it shouldn't be mathematically possible for me to fall out of top 2, but I can't help but to be paranoid.
  • morgh
    morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Pamizard wrote:
    oh and i reached 350000 points and got the coin and it gave me Human Torch's Black
    Wow... 350.000 that's some amount of grinding ^_^

On a more serious note - I bet that 35k in my bracket wouldn't even come close to 50, since top 16 ends at 53.304
  • Jathro
    Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Wondering how some of you got so lucky that reaching 45k progression AND breaking top 20 are both attainable goals.
    In my bracket, I'm at 67th with just over 46k points while the leader has an absurd 70k. And 10th has 54k.
    Gonna take some serious, serious grinding tonight to break top 20...
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah my bracket's current top 20 cutoff is Sauce at 43779 (I'm 100 pts back in 21st). I'd expect the cutoff to be ~5k higher than that, but maybe not quite that high if people don't grind quite as much after they get the Daken.

edit: Pretty sure my bracket was created maybe 24 hours into the event or around there. Missed one or two refreshes at least, so maybe that explains the point differences? Or we just don't have as many crazy people.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    Jathro wrote:
    Wondering how some of you got so lucky that reaching 45k progression AND breaking top 20 are both attainable goals.
    In my bracket, I'm at 67th with just over 46k points while the leader has an absurd 70k. And 10th has 54k.
    Gonna take some serious, serious grinding tonight to break top 20...

Because of the reduced effectiveness of rubberbanding, scores were much more a function of the number of refreshes you participated in. If you joined an early bracket (and I can only assume that you had), then expect for scores to be higher, since more refreshes were available. The obvious downside of joining a late bracket is that you may never reach the progression rewards that the early grinders will (or, even worse, get sharded into a bracket that got an extra refresh than you.)

I also find that people who join late main brackets on purpose, tend to join late sub-brackets on purpose, too. Those that join a main bracket late, but make sure to hit most all of the refreshes on the subs afterwards, seem to have a pretty easy time. (But of course put themselves at risk of missing progressions and being put into a bracket where the leaders have gotten more refreshes.)
  • rawl316
    rawl316 Posts: 114
    Options
    beemand2g wrote:
    rawl316 wrote:
    I'm stuck in beee's bracket. He's first overall with 58k. I'm 3rd with 51.5k. I'm 4k above 10th place. I'd have to imagine that I'm good for a top 20 finish, even if I don't play anymore.

I doubt I will go after top 2. X force just isn't a draw for me. 2nd is 1.5k ahead of me.

Do we need to use that 50% damage token? It's for this event only, so we lose it right? Do they rerun events and I can save it for later?

If people wanna make a run for x force I am good I haven't added many pts this sub just managing my scaling now which is more important then selling another xforce for 1000iso.

You earned more points icon_evil.gif

I wasn't going to catch you anyways.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I certainly appreciate the free Sentry... now can it always stay at around 170 something? That'd be great.

Gotta put in some work to see if I can get myself back up to a level where I'd get another cover as a reward instead of a useless OBW one.
  • Jathro
    Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Thanks, Nemek. That makes a lot of sense. I did join my main bracket early so there were plenty of refreshes (lesson learned for next time). My playstyle is more of "once over" on everything so that explains how I've fallen off the pace.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Welp, that takes care of that. Was a fool to think I stood a shot against one of the Gatekeeper nodes, I guess. I'm probably just going to have to sit out the rest of the event. And how I know that if I do too well at the start of an event, I'm screwed... Well, the nodes will all still probably get to high even if I don't. Looking forward to a bunch of **** covers to sell.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Well that's interesting... I did the node that gives a free red Sentry cover, and added him. He's boosted 90 levels. Hehe. icon_lol.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    rawl316 wrote:
    beemand2g wrote:
    rawl316 wrote:
    I'm stuck in beee's bracket. He's first overall with 58k. I'm 3rd with 51.5k. I'm 4k above 10th place. I'd have to imagine that I'm good for a top 20 finish, even if I don't play anymore.

I doubt I will go after top 2. X force just isn't a draw for me. 2nd is 1.5k ahead of me.

Do we need to use that 50% damage token? It's for this event only, so we lose it right? Do they rerun events and I can save it for later?

If people wanna make a run for x force I am good I haven't added many pts this sub just managing my scaling now which is more important then selling another xforce for 1000iso.

You earned more points icon_evil.gif

I wasn't going to catch you anyways.

I'm stuck in Beee bracket too icon_e_surprised.gif Shooo go away! icon_mad.gif
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    morgh wrote:
    Pamizard wrote:
    Wow... 350.000 that's some amount of grinding ^_^

On a more serious note - I bet that 35k in my bracket wouldn't even come close to 50, since top 16 ends at 53.304
    I'd put money on it being even lower than that - I just cracked 35K myself and I'm not even top 120 in my bracket.

(Between server crashes, real life interruptions and general apathy I haven't been pushing this one)
  • Unknown
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Observation: Using Sentry's green again a team with Hawkeye makes it look like the battle is taking place on a merry-go-round.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Whats it look like in 20th Polarity? I'm still worried heh. I don't want to keep hitting this lvl 200 junk not good for scaling.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Holy ****, them's some tough brackets you chaps are in. I just hit 35K and I'm 11th.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I've worked my way up to 14th in my main bracket with 51k. I think when I started playing earlier this evening I was around 40th, with over 45k. It's fairly tight though, aside from the huge gaps at the very top.
    1. 66k
    4. 61k
    10. 52k
    19. 50.8k