Prodigal Sun, Episode 4.5

Options

Comments

• HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    lithicbee wrote:
    Hulk/Spy/Black Panther at lvl 182. Slaughtering me. Any suggestions?

I tried cStorm to stun Hulk while I whittle him down, but long before I have to worry about that, the Spy's silent strikes are decimating me.
    My levels are a bit lower, but I think I used Punisher + OBW + Mr. Rogers:
    - Rogers R/B has tile overwrite
    - Rogers B has stun
    - OBW B delays CDs (the healing doesn't matter since you WILL be taking damage regardless)
    - OBW P shuts down BP & Hulk abilities.
    - Punpun G has limited board clear ability
    - Punpun R is invaluable for taking down the two meat shields.

Kill priority: BP, then Spy, then Hulk.
  • Unknown
    Options
    HailMary wrote:
    lithicbee wrote:
    Hulk/Spy/Black Panther at lvl 182. Slaughtering me. Any suggestions?

I tried cStorm to stun Hulk while I whittle him down, but long before I have to worry about that, the Spy's silent strikes are decimating me.
    My levels are a bit lower, but I think I used Punisher + OBW + Mr. Rogers:
    - Rogers R/B has tile overwrite
    - Rogers B has stun
    - OBW B delays CDs (the healing doesn't matter since you WILL be taking damage regardless)
    - OBW P shuts down BP & Hulk abilities.
    - Punpun G has limited board clear ability
    - Punpun R is invaluable for taking down the two meat shields.

Kill priority: BP, then Spy, then Hulk.

I'll give that a try. My 2* cap is maxed but the 3* one isn't that great for me yet. Thanks for the advice.

Update: that did the trick!
  • MaxCavalera
    MaxCavalera Posts: 425 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Also why work so hard to secure Fabio for the bad guys you know in the next PvE we are gonna be facing his supernovae blasting world rupturing ****. Everyone sit back and relax =)
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So the Falcon + Wolverine + Lieutenant proved to be the most difficult encounter in this sub, so far. Daken vs. Hulk (Wolverine + Hulk + Grenadier) came close, due to Hulk being fed Green and Daken throwing out Strike tiles, which meant it became more likely for matches to proc Anger.

It does definitely feel as though these missions (this whole event really, but this sub in particular) have been designed to leave some damage at the end of a fight and encourage the use of Health Packs.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Beat almost everything on the first try, but I have been playing a little less than optimally (vacation, missed at least one refresh, and some of the bonus nodes), so my scaling isn't devastating me yet.
    Wolvie/Falcon/Lieut was tough but I survived with my 141 Lazyshield at about 300+ health. Loki and OBW were down. If Trickery wasn't bugged I'm pretty sure that one would have been a cake walk. But noooo.... only steal 4 out of 12 of the bird tiles meaning nothing else did damage and I got beat down pretty harshly.

The BP/IM/LT encounter was rough (all about 120 or so for me), but beat it on the second try. That one may only get cleared at the end of a run if I have health packs and feel like a boost or two.

Overall I'm pretty happy with how this event is going, in spite of the fact that I'll probably only score one cover for Sentry, as opposed to Falcon, HT, and L'Daken where I ended up with a 1/1/1 after their release. Season 1 pretty much killed most of our alliance's drive to play much and it's definitely reflected in our placement in this. Combined with real life stuff and my own growing apathy for the game, I can't see myself grinding hard enough to get top 20. Top 50 should be comfortable though.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Also why work so hard to secure Fabio for the bad guys you know in the next PvE we are gonna be facing his supernovae blasting world rupturing ****. Everyone sit back and relax =)

Actually history suggest the next PvE event will almost certainly feature Sentry major buffed. Maybe not the next episode but definitely the next PvE event.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I honestly can't believe the amount some people are grinding these nodes. Bracket leader in my Thunderbolts sub is 8k+. Incrediballs.
  • Unknown
    Options
    ............ .. ......... . ..... ..... ............ .. .... .
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phantron wrote:

Actually history suggest the next PvE event will almost certainly feature Sentry major buffed. Maybe not the next episode but definitely the next PvE event.

I feel that Season 1 actually set up what could be an interesting format. That is, two repeat PvE events and a brand new story chapter that coincides with the Season rollover. We had repeated rewards of Loki and Rags, who are currently among the featured heroes for Episode 4.5, although the big power-up is reserved for the newest character.
    So I think the repeat on Psylocke rewards might be pointing towards something. I'm considering that we haven't had a repeat on Thick as Thieves yet, but will probably get two repeated PvE events during the course of Season 2; one of the known but not yet implemented heroes is Mohawk Storm & Storm shows up during the course of TaT since she's been tracking Magneto; Loki & Rags are "bad dudes" used in the "bad dudes" PvE chapter, Psylocke and Storm are mutants so it would make sense to feature them in the mutants chapter.

I'm not done yet though: there are three featured 3* heroes in the current event, Psylocke and Storm only equals 2. We're looking down the barrel of a Magneto funbalance however, and he'd bring that total up to 3. The big difference now is that Magneto is one of the villains in some of the highest point pins from TaT, so it would be a greater pain to lose him as a team option and have him boosted. Still, given the way in which demiurge wants people to spend more on Health Packs, I don't see why not.

I'll be interested to see what other covers are given out over the the next week or so. I'd expect to see some Spider-Man rewards soon, but if we get some Magneto covers I'd hope that means they're heading towards a mutant themed event.

Alternate option? We've got She-Hulk incoming too. Maybe Spider-Man, Hulk and Daredevil featured. TaT repeat would still kinda work. Plus it'd be Daredevil in a goon heavy event, what's not to love about that?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Well its taken 25.5 hours to get to 20% in the Mayhem Meter. Looks like they going to have to drop the total down from 500M for us to unlock those nodes. There is no rubber banding to speed up the process and more people will start to see harder nodes so progress might even slow down this refresh.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    Can we get a permanent swap of heroic tokens to prodigal sun ones? I've haven't seen this many gold covers turn up... well, ever. In the last week I've pulled two GSBWs, Daredevil, Black Panther, Human Torch and Spidey.

And only one man of bags icon_lol.gif
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2014
    Options
    If possible can the esteemed forum members list down their combos for various nodes in the last sub?

I run these combinations depending on the nodes:
    LD/MnMag/CStorm
    LT/Pun/OBW
    Ares/MnMag/CStorm
    LD/Patch/Cmags

I would like to try out other combos as most of the hard nodes for me are now over 200 level, some at 250. I would like to use no boosts if possible. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    any idea how to beat thor + hulk + goon one ? And, how was loki's trickery bugged ? Due to unable to convert all enemies protect and strike tiles ?
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    Hannybal wrote:
    any idea how to beat thor + hulk + goon one ?
    Punisher + OBW + Rogers.

Kill LT, then goon, then one-shot Hulk.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I run Thor/Daken/CMag on every node. Try to get yellow since you get some crazy strike tiles going with a Thunder Strike on a decent green board. Only problem is dealing with Hulk, but since my Hulk is level 330 I actually don't have to worry about triggering his Anger unless I got a crit on Daken's colors or crit on a line.

I tried running Falcon but mine is lacking Redwing on level 4 (so can't clear Hawkeye's CD). There are quite a few games where I know I'd definitely have won if Redwing could've cleared CDs during my tanking games.

Daken should be the backbone of all your teams if you have him above level 141 after boost. He can tank like a champ (especially if Magneto isn't around) and do pretty insane damage too.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    HT is a good pairing with laken, for the non-hulk nodes
  • Unknown
    Options
    thanks for the pointers. But ain't we suppose to target the goon first ? So should target LT first ? And anyways, my char roster avg level is around 8x only. And i don't have CMag. Will try out punisher + OBW + rogers.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Hannybal wrote:
    thanks for the pointers. But ain't we suppose to target the goon first ? So should target LT first ? And anyways, my char roster avg level is around 8x only. And i don't have CMag. Will try out punisher + OBW + rogers.

In the case of LT he is far more dangerous than any goon so he does have to die first. Remember that other than Doombots and one type of the Mutant goons (the ones with Shadow Knives), most goons have HP comparable to a tank hero anyway.

Lazy Thor is a hard character to beat. He's easily the strongest character in terms of measureable stats for a reason.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Looks like my top 10 all decided to stop at 45K Currently 5th on 45429 and 10th on 45029. It would be interesting to known where 20th is. Just about to finish the second refresh off and that should put me on 53K. Wonder if I even have to do another node.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    I know my number one didn't stop - he was up to 56K last time I checked and about 5-6000 in front of second.