Prodigal Sun, Episode 4.5

Options

Comments

• Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    beemand2g wrote:
    Nemek wrote:
    So are they going to need to tweak this 500 million mayhem bar? As it is now seems a bit out of reach for 2.5 days.

Is it? We've done 6% in 3 hours. There are 60 hours total. Sounds like we'd get it easily at this pace...

factor in scaling may just be short but the grinders have been in full force so you never know

Yeah, I think I may have exaggerated with 'easily'. Tough to tell, really...a lot of factors still out there:
    • Most people haven't started playing them.
    • Rubberbanding may or may not kick in big time.
    • Scaling might scale people out.
    • People might stop grinding after the 45K threshold.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Nemek wrote:
    beemand2g wrote:
    Nemek wrote:
    So are they going to need to tweak this 500 million mayhem bar? As it is now seems a bit out of reach for 2.5 days.

Is it? We've done 6% in 3 hours. There are 60 hours total. Sounds like we'd get it easily at this pace...

factor in scaling may just be short but the grinders have been in full force so you never know

Yeah, I think I may have exaggerated with 'easily'. Tough to tell, really...a lot of factors still out there:
    • Most people haven't started playing them.
    • Rubberbanding may or may not kick in big time.
    • Scaling might scale people out.
    • People might stop grinding after the 45K threshold.

Yeah, my main motivation is the 45k threshold for Daken. If there is no rubber in this sub, I don't think this pace is sustainable as I'm sure most people would stop once they secure purple Daken + top 20.
  • wade66
    wade66 Posts: 212 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Still 9.5k away from the daken progressive, and totally unsure if I will make it, but I should still hold a top 100, so sentry should still happen. At least I pulled a couple of useful 3 stars.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah once I hit 45k I'm doing the bare minimum for 20
  • Unknown
    Options
    I still need 4600 points and 2 days to go. Seems doable but i doubt that i can make it to Top 20...
    Well one cover must do icon_e_wink.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    aeijei wrote:

all of them for me are 140+ even after the gatekeepers. icon_e_sad.gif

Are you sure you're not talking about the high level nodes? I have 4 nodes at 395 and 6 nodes at 300+, but even then I also have these levels for the easy path:

Sentry 2: 43
    Green Meat: 55
    Sentry 7: 88
    Easier Said Than Done: 69

If all your nodes are above 140+, that means your hard modes would have to be like around level 800 if it was possible to go above 395.
  • Unknown
    Options
    monnique wrote:
    I still need 4600 points and 2 days to go. Seems doable but i doubt that i can make it to Top 20...
    Well one cover must do icon_e_wink.gif

Thats not even two refreshes just doing each node once. If you just do each node once per refresh you get 14K with no rubber banding at all. So anyone from about 30K up from when the sub started should be able to make Daken without any grinding
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I just noticed that the Daken at 45K is purple, which (1100 and a lucky token pull) I already have at five.
    Still, top 20 will require a lot of work still. Just got up to 8th with everything once + essentials twice more, but there's no way that this will hold. Points are crazy close still.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Anyone else notice that the event has been seemingly tuned to get 5000 points per day with moderate play, regardless of the sub? That's been my steady progress, and I'm pretty much on track to hit 45000 on the last day of the 9 day event.
  • Unknown
    Options
    yeah trying to maintain top 20 is going to be super hard, I'm right on the fringe when i do my pushes but 3 of the nodes were deadly to start off with and there are 2 days left.... I am not feeling too confident lol
  • Unknown
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    aeijei wrote:

Are you sure you're not talking about the high level nodes? I have 4 nodes at 395 and 6 nodes at 300+, but even then I also have these levels for the easy path:

If all your nodes are above 140+, that means your hard modes would have to be like around level 800 if it was possible to go above 395.

sorry. i meant the levels of the mobs and heroes in the nodes, not the value. icon_lol.gif
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My goodness. Just wasted half my roster and all my health packs trying to get past that first Falcon pin (Falcon + Wolverine + Lieutenant). It wasn't even at a Hard level or anything, it just always outsped me and/or cascaded into the right AP.

How utterly terrifying.
  • wade66
    Options
    I haven't had any luck beating that one either, the protect tiles mitigate match damage so much that by the time I do any real damage, a heal tile i can't reach goes off and cancels what I did.
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    Mawtful wrote:
    My goodness. Just wasted half my roster and all my health packs trying to get past that first Falcon pin (Falcon + Wolverine + Lieutenant). It wasn't even at a Hard level or anything, it just always outsped me and/or cascaded into the right AP.

How utterly terrifying.

I've been throwing Loki out against Falcon...it has worked more often than it has failed. Daken tanks black so Loki just sits back and goes about his dickish ways.
  • Unknown
    Options
    aeijei wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    aeijei wrote:

sorry. i meant the levels of the mobs and heroes in the nodes, not the value. icon_lol.gif

Huh? Those are the levels. I can't see how you can possibly have 140 as your lowest level. That'd project out to be level 800+ on your hardest nodes, even though they technically can't get past 395.
  • wade66
    Options
    Mawtful wrote:

How utterly terrifying.

I've been throwing Loki out against Falcon...it has worked more often than it has failed. Daken tanks black so Loki just sits back and goes about his dickish ways.
    That is exactly how I won, which is a laugh a level 20 something Loki, 40 MN Mags and bossted moonstone prevailed where my power team failed. Who says they were useless, I guess mostly useless fits better.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Mawtful wrote:

How utterly terrifying.

I tried this and it must have intimidated Falcon because he let the goon use his countdown tiles rather than using Bird Strike, which let me win. Thanks for the tip.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Hulk/Spy/Black Panther at lvl 182. Slaughtering me. Any suggestions?

I tried cStorm to stun Hulk while I whittle him down, but long before I have to worry about that, the Spy's silent strikes are decimating me.
  • Unknown
    Options
    lithicbee wrote:
    Hulk/Spy/Black Panther at lvl 182. Slaughtering me. Any suggestions?

I tried cStorm to stun Hulk while I whittle him down, but long before I have to worry about that, the Spy's silent strikes are decimating me.

only way ive been able to beat hulk is leave him for last and with my max ares just save all the green I had collected all game and then just use like 20+green and a sunder to kill the hulk before he gets angry all over me, if you can collect 30 green you can dish out 9000 damage with ares green+ strike tiles from daken. altho mine is only at 10k hp so maybe you are facing a harder team :-\

yeah mine was only 163 so maybe my team wont be helpful :-\
  • Unknown
    Options
    When there's an AP feeder + a hero, the goon may always choose to use the cheaper ability. However, since the AP feeder generates a lot of AP (usually 2 per turn), unlike matches against players they often do hit the higher AP target before the AI gives up trying to save up.

For Hulk you basically need him to be high enough so that you don't trigger Anger from your matches, which means you probably can't run anyone with a strike tile if you don't also have Magneto because it's too hard to keep Anger under control when all your hits are strong enough to trigger Anger.