New Event - Places of Power *Updated (10/11/18)

1568101114

Comments

  • SendikelmSendikelm Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    You can get all - 2 normal (4 players each) and 2 hard (6 players each) subs.
  • jym010jym010 Posts: 108 Tile Toppler
    Being the first run of this event, I understand communication was lacking.  Sure some people are going to complain about not getting ALL the rewards possible but as it was mentioned earlier, I am cleaning up with rewards already and I like that Demi switched it to anniversary tokens as well.  We wanted a new event and we got one so lets stop complaining and start grinding!!!!
  • brollbroll Posts: 4,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:
    One change I would really like to see D3 make to this.  Commanders pick where people go.

    Instead of letting people go and possibly not follow instructions (or not have coordination if they only have the horrible in game chat), let alliance commanders drag and drop players to their assigned nodes.

    Now this is something that should be a manual toggle that is off by default so absentee commanders don't ruin it.  Also if a all commanders in the alliance are away for more than 4 days this should automatically untoggle.
    The problem there is if someone wants to coast and just do easy with their 5* roster and you put them in Deadly, they can just sulk and not do any of it.

    I mean sure you could just kick that person, but the same's true without ruling the event with an iron fist, too =/
    Actually kicking someone who dropped down and coasted in Normal would be harder with this setup.  i have no way to see who joined what node except the one I joined.  So unless people in those nodes share the info you wouldn't know who to kick for that.
  • Tony_FootTony_Foot Posts: 922 Critical Contributor
    I imagine there will be some good fallouts when someone joins the wrong sub or has a day when they cannot play because the cat is sick.
  • PhumadePhumade Posts: 1,894 Chairperson of the Boards
    To the DEvs,

    Overall I'm pretty pleased with this event.  A few observations / suggestions.

    1.  I appreciate that I can select my personal difficulty of easy medium and hard and then proceed along those nodes at my own pace.  (assuming you can beat those nodes 4x in 24hrs)
    2.  I also appreciate that I can have infinite replay on those nodes throughout the day, and that I can choose my teams as I see fit.
    3.  I appreciate that the nodes are essentially untimed and I can use my roster as I see fit.

    Cons:
    1.  I assume that we will eventually see a better variety of opponents.    Dark Avengers is fine for initial pass,  but hopefully we'll see simulator and gauntlet level matchups in future versions of this event.

    Overall,  I appreciate that its play at your pace, with a variety of wave and single enemy nodes.  I'd like to see better variety in opponents, but I'm glad this is replayable content vs. clear and wait 8hrs.


  • WumpushunterWumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    broll said:
    I'm a little bummed it takes all 20 people to clear out both dailies, but not terribly surprised. that's still much better rewards than any other event.

    One change I would really like to see D3 make to this.  Commanders pick where people go.

    Instead of letting people go and possibly not follow instructions (or not have coordination if they only have the horrible in game chat), let alliance commanders drag and drop players to their assigned nodes.

    Now this is something that should be a manual toggle that is off by default so absentee commanders don't ruin it.  Also if a all commanders in the alliance are away for more than 4 days this should automatically untoggle.
    And if a commander drops a weak roster in deadly?
  • SpudgutterSpudgutter Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    Its a new event guys, c'mon. This event is the most interesting PVE we've had in years and people still moan. We've had a try of it, and we know for next time what has to be done differently. I've already got way more rewards than I'd normally get from a PVE, its already a huge win. 
    You arent wrong, but it isnt an either/or situation.  We can be grateful and appreciate the new pve, while also deriding that fact that after 5 years, their communications still stink. 

    I dont care what anyone says, there is no reason not to give us the info ahead of time.  We are going to figure it out eventually, as evidenced by the fact that we did.  All it does is continue to sow distrust in anything new around here.  Put it into some kind of spoiler post, so those that want to be surprised, still can be. 

    But i still say it does more harm then good.  Its the opposite.  By posting all the rewards and letting us think we could get them, *they* set us up to fail.  I shouldnt have to manage my expectations, they should set them for me.  "Hey, here are all the rewards, but dont be surprised if you only get half."  How hard would it be to say that?  What do they lose by sharing that?
  • Killa_BeesKilla_Bees Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    broll said:
    Actually kicking someone who dropped down and coasted in Normal would be harder with this setup.  i have no way to see who joined what node except the one I joined.  So unless people in those nodes share the info you wouldn't know who to kick for that.
    Sorry Falcon, AntMan kicked your tinykitty.  You're no longer an Avenger...
  • brollbroll Posts: 4,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2018
    broll said:
    I'm a little bummed it takes all 20 people to clear out both dailies, but not terribly surprised. that's still much better rewards than any other event.

    One change I would really like to see D3 make to this.  Commanders pick where people go.

    Instead of letting people go and possibly not follow instructions (or not have coordination if they only have the horrible in game chat), let alliance commanders drag and drop players to their assigned nodes.

    Now this is something that should be a manual toggle that is off by default so absentee commanders don't ruin it.  Also if a all commanders in the alliance are away for more than 4 days this should automatically untoggle.
    And if a commander drops a weak roster in deadly?
    Based on the math it takes 9.05 clears to fully clear a deadly place.  So if the other 9 can clear the whole thing having a weak roster do as much as they can may be a viable strategy.  Even if they lose out some of the personal rewards, those are pretty weak compared to the deadly alliance rewards.  The payoff would likely be worth it except in cases where the player needed that particular 3* or 4* cover from personal.

    It's also a two way street.  Just like a commander can kick someone for not participating, a player can leave if they don't like how an alliance is led.  A good alliance should have clearly up front rules and communication.  If someone were to toggle this on (again it would be off by default) and abuse power / make dumb decisions, the players should leave and find a better alliance.
  • RickOShayRickOShay Posts: 233 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2018
      
    For those of us who are complaining that "weak rosters are hurting our chances at rewards"... exactly what part of the game is any different?  
    Unless you are a T1 alliance, there are alliance-based rewards that you will ALWAYS be missing out on. 
    Weak rosters in your alli are not hurting you... You are helping THEM.  
     
    Then you will compare this to a Boss event. This is NOT a Boss event, it is an Alliance Raid event. In Raids, you get as much / as far as you can, as a whole. 
  • brollbroll Posts: 4,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2018
    broll said:
    broll said:
    I'm a little bummed it takes all 20 people to clear out both dailies, but not terribly surprised. that's still much better rewards than any other event.

    One change I would really like to see D3 make to this.  Commanders pick where people go.

    Instead of letting people go and possibly not follow instructions (or not have coordination if they only have the horrible in game chat), let alliance commanders drag and drop players to their assigned nodes.

    Now this is something that should be a manual toggle that is off by default so absentee commanders don't ruin it.  Also if a all commanders in the alliance are away for more than 4 days this should automatically untoggle.
    And if a commander drops a weak roster in deadly?
    Based on the math it takes 9.05 clears to fully clear a deadly place.  So if the other 9 can clear the whole thing having a weak roster do as much as they can may be a viable strategy.  Even if they lose out some of the personal rewards, those are pretty weak compared to the deadly alliance rewards.  The payoff would likely be worth it except in cases where the player needed that particular 3* or 4* cover from personal.

    It's also a two way street.  Just like a commander can kick someone for not participating, a player can leave if they don't like how an alliance is led.  A good alliance should have clearly up front rules and communication.  If someone were to toggle this on (again it would be off by default) and abuse power / make dumb decisions, the players should leave and find a better alliance.
    If forcing a player down a path is too strong and alternate suggestion is that everything stays the same, except in stead of forcing when the commander assigns players to a node, in their game a icon that says "Commander's suggestion" pops up with an arrow to that one on their map.  That way the player can still choose to do their own thing (and the assignment page should indicate to the commander which players took the suggestion and which did not).

    NOTE: This same feature could be used to suggest to players which boss to play during Civil War.
  • LoosieLoosie Posts: 121 Tile Toppler
    so for late joiners, the way to get the 2 LTs per day alliance rewards is to have 10 people do deadly- left and the other 10 people do deadly- right? 

    Edit - got a better look at the alliance rewards differences between levels
    It also means everyone has to have 5* Thanos.
  • brollbroll Posts: 4,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Loosie said:
    so for late joiners, the way to get the 2 LTs per day alliance rewards is to have 10 people do deadly- left and the other 10 people do deadly- right? 

    Edit - got a better look at the alliance rewards differences between levels
    It also means everyone has to have 5* Thanos.
    It doesn't mean that at all.  To get all the rewards it takes 9.06 clears on one side and 9.27 on the other side.  10 players doing a full clear on each side gets you:
    Wakanda 153200/142000 (Remainder 11200)
    Savage Lands - 156800/142000 (Remainder 14800)

    The 5* E is only worth 2000 points
    Based on these numbers you could still clear 100% even if not a single person in your alliance had 5* Thanos rostered.
  • Smart80Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    broll said:
    Loosie said:
    so for late joiners, the way to get the 2 LTs per day alliance rewards is to have 10 people do deadly- left and the other 10 people do deadly- right? 

    Edit - got a better look at the alliance rewards differences between levels
    It also means everyone has to have 5* Thanos.
    It doesn't mean that at all.  To get all the rewards it takes 9.06 clears on one side and 9.27 on the other side.  10 players doing a full clear on each side gets you:
    Wakanda 153200/142000 (Remainder 11200)
    Savage Lands - 156800/142000 (Remainder 14800)

    The 5* E is only worth 2000 points
    Based on these numbers you could still clear 100% even if not a single person in your alliance had 5* Thanos rostered.
    You sure about that math? 10x 2000 points on both sides is more than your remainder...
  • Ed_DragonriderEd_Dragonrider Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Hey everyone,

    We are making the event live now! One small change is that all the Places of Power Event tokens have been swapped for Anniversary Vault Tokens.

    We are Demiurge are very excited to see how people like the event! Enjoy!

    -Demiurge_Anthony
    Bless your beautiful souls! This made me so so happy! Thank you! <3
  • brollbroll Posts: 4,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Smart80 said:
    broll said:
    Loosie said:
    so for late joiners, the way to get the 2 LTs per day alliance rewards is to have 10 people do deadly- left and the other 10 people do deadly- right? 

    Edit - got a better look at the alliance rewards differences between levels
    It also means everyone has to have 5* Thanos.
    It doesn't mean that at all.  To get all the rewards it takes 9.06 clears on one side and 9.27 on the other side.  10 players doing a full clear on each side gets you:
    Wakanda 153200/142000 (Remainder 11200)
    Savage Lands - 156800/142000 (Remainder 14800)

    The 5* E is only worth 2000 points
    Based on these numbers you could still clear 100% even if not a single person in your alliance had 5* Thanos rostered.
    You sure about that math? 10x 2000 points on both sides is more than your remainder...
    Yeah good call, so 3 people could not have him in Savage Lands and 5 in Wakanda.  Still you definitely don't need everyone to have him, it's closer to half or less having to have him.
  • Blindman13Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Smart80 said:
    broll said:
    Loosie said:
    so for late joiners, the way to get the 2 LTs per day alliance rewards is to have 10 people do deadly- left and the other 10 people do deadly- right? 

    Edit - got a better look at the alliance rewards differences between levels
    It also means everyone has to have 5* Thanos.
    It doesn't mean that at all.  To get all the rewards it takes 9.06 clears on one side and 9.27 on the other side.  10 players doing a full clear on each side gets you:
    Wakanda 153200/142000 (Remainder 11200)
    Savage Lands - 156800/142000 (Remainder 14800)

    The 5* E is only worth 2000 points
    Based on these numbers you could still clear 100% even if not a single person in your alliance had 5* Thanos rostered.
    You sure about that math? 10x 2000 points on both sides is more than your remainder...
    In Wakanda at least 5 people must have 5* Thanos.  In Savage Land you can do it with 3.
  • Thunder31Thunder31 Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    I think optimum rewards are reached by sending 6 players to each deadly node, 6 players to a hard node and the last 2 to a hard node. It looks like those 2 LT tokens come at the expense of forfeiting the hard node rewards. In the deadly nodes, the second to last reward is at 77,000 pts. That's only a little more than half points for max rewards.
Sign In or Register to comment.