New Event - Places of Power *Updated (10/11/18)

Comments

• barrok
    barrok Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    zulux21 said:
    scottee said:
    bbigler said:
     Somebody at D3 screwed this up. 
    I don't think they ever intended it to be 100% cleared for all rewards. That was just forum speculation. An alliance having to make a choice on what to target sounds like exactly what they intended.
    I'm fine with that, it's the no-room-for-error on the top end that aggravates me a little.

Oh well, lesson learned.  We'll settle for 7/8 LTs and remember this for next time.
    yeah... the no room for error on the top end means that any alliance that is playing nice with some newer (only been playing for a year or so) players is actively getting screwed because of those players.

as I said, my alliance has no issues in general clearing the alliance events so we haven't minded in the past bringing a few newer players with us.

I might have to reevaluate that going forward if carrying newer players is going to be a liability and lock the long term players out of rewards :/
    Maybe I misunderstand this, but you can get around 156k I think if all 10 players hit the deadly node and get max points. Max rewards is 142k. So I do feel like you have some room for error. About 90% of a player worth of an error I think.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    y4747 said:

i can play PVE.... without thanos.

so happy about that.
    It all re playable right now.  Once your done to green checkmarks you can still replay the node for the rest of the sub for 0 points.  This is something I do appreciate when it comes down to testing out different teams.
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    broll said:
    Smart80 said:
    broll said:
    Loosie said:
    so for late joiners, the way to get the 2 LTs per day alliance rewards is to have 10 people do deadly- left and the other 10 people do deadly- right? 

Edit - got a better look at the alliance rewards differences between levels
    It also means everyone has to have 5* Thanos.
    It doesn't mean that at all.  To get all the rewards it takes 9.06 clears on one side and 9.27 on the other side.  10 players doing a full clear on each side gets you:
    Wakanda 153200/142000 (Remainder 11200)
    Savage Lands - 156800/142000 (Remainder 14800)

The 5* E is only worth 2000 points
    Based on these numbers you could still clear 100% even if not a single person in your alliance had 5* Thanos rostered.
    You sure about that math? 10x 2000 points on both sides is more than your remainder...
    Yeah good call, so 3 people could not have him in Savage Lands and 5 in Wakanda.  Still you definitely don't need everyone to have him, it's closer to half or less having to have him.
    In case someone thinks about it, you maybe should edit your original post...
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Thunder31 said:
    I think optimum rewards are reached by sending 6 players to each deadly node, 6 players to a hard node and the last 2 to a hard node. It looks like those 2 LT tokens come at the expense of forfeiting the hard node rewards. In the deadly nodes, the second to last reward is at 77,000 pts. That's only a little more than half points for max rewards.
    In case you want to really take this approach, i recommand to list all rewards you’ll receive and share here if you are correct.
  • PwnNoobz
    PwnNoobz Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Thunder31 said:
    I think optimum rewards are reached by sending 6 players to each deadly node, 6 players to a hard node and the last 2 to a hard node. It looks like those 2 LT tokens come at the expense of forfeiting the hard node rewards. In the deadly nodes, the second to last reward is at 77,000 pts. That's only a little more than half points for max rewards.
    This is absolutely NOT the correct way to play. 6 people in deadly can achieve the exact same rewards as 5 people, so you are wasting a person. If you want to forego the LT and maximize CP, you could do 6/6/4/4 (hard/hard/deadly/deadly). That'll yield 60 cp, which is the most you could possibly get.
  • Thunder31
    Thunder31 Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    edited October 2018
    Smart80 said:
    Thunder31 said:
    In case you want to really take this approach, i recommand to list all rewards you’ll receive and share here if you are correct.
    Here is the reward breakdown for 6 players per deadly node, 6 players in a hard node and 2 players in the other hard node. *Assuming everyone gets maximum points in their respective node*.
    9k Iso, 2x Elite Token, 300 HP, 40 CP, 12.6k Red Iso (For the Deadly Nodes)
    4k Iso, 2x Elite Token, 150 HP, 3x Anniversary Token, 5.4k Red Iso, 10 CP (For the Hard Nodes)

The breakdown for 10 players per deadly node is:
    15k Iso, 2x Elite Token, 300 HP, 20 CP, 12.6k Red Iso, 2x LL Token
  • kk3thess
    kk3thess Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    I'm still confused about the mechanics, but I'm getting a lot of rewards, so everything is fine.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you split up 6/6/4/4 then you're basically sacrificing 2 LTs for 20 CP, which is a loss, of course.  Since getting both LTs is a stretch for most alliances, you could split up 0/4/6/10.  I'm hoping that node points increase during the event so that it's possible to get all rewards on the last day.

• Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 578 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2018
    You meant 0/6 & 10/4 right? (Hard/hard & deadly/deadly)

I think that's the most optimal....
  • PwnNoobz
    PwnNoobz Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    bbigler said:
    If you split up 6/6/4/4 then you're basically sacrificing 2 LTs for 20 CP, which is a loss, of course.  Since getting both LTs is a stretch for most alliances, you could split up 0/4/6/10.  I'm hoping that node points increase during the event so that it's possible to get all rewards on the last day.

Totally agree, just giving another option for alliances with less than 10 people who can do deadly so they can still maximize rewards. Only change I would make to your split is 0/6/4/10 since 4 people in deadly would mean you get the 10 cp from both hard and the partially cleared deadly. To recap the following seems to me like the optimal approach based on your alliance strength:

(hard/hard/deadly/deadly)
    0/0/10/10 if your whole alliance can clear deadly
    0/6/4/10 if you have 14 ppl who can clear deadly
    6/6/4/4 if you only have 8 that can clear deadly
  • Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Having looked at all the numbers, seeing confusion and some gripes from myself and others, i do have to wholeheartedly welcome an alliance event with no timers.  I cannot stress how nice that is.
  • marshall
    marshall Posts: 179 Tile Toppler
    Very satisfied with the new event, bigger rewards and opportunities for more rewards.

I agree that there's not a big margin for error on Deadly, but there still some margin, since you don't need 10 x full prog to reach, you just need everyone to contribute a little at least. Worst case you lose the LT for that day, but you it doesn't ruin your whole plan like Civil War or other bigger multi-day events.
  • justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    marshall said:

I agree that there's not a big margin for error on Deadly, but there still some margin, since you don't need 10 x full prog to reach, you just need everyone to contribute a little at least. Worst case you lose the LT for that day, but you it doesn't ruin your whole plan like Civil War or other bigger multi-day events.
    Yeah, it's not a huge deal. Just would be nice to have in case someone joins the wrong node or someone happens to go MIA. 
  • PeeOne
    PeeOne Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    I’m still a little lost on this and have read pages of posts... 

does the progression reset at the end of 24 hours???

I have a mixed alliance - newbies and longer players who are completing 4*s and slowly moving to 5*

so the non personal scaling is great!! 

With players from time zones all over the world it’s been hard to coordinate the nodes - it started at 3am in Australia so some players had dived in and made poor choices 
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    PwnNoobz said:

(hard/hard/deadly/deadly)
    0/0/10/10 if your whole alliance can clear deadly
    0/6/4/10 if you have 14 ppl who can clear deadly
    6/6/4/4 if you only have 8 that can clear deadly
    This is the best advice I've heard on this discussion so far. 

I'm hoping the node points scale up each day, so maybe tomorrow it will only take 8 players to clear Deadly.

BUT I WISH WE HAD BETTER COMMUNICATION ABOUT ALL OF THIS.........BEFORE THE EVENT
  • gentgeen
    gentgeen Posts: 99 Match Maker
    DarthDeVo said:

Also, it may not be the most effective design to be like, "Hey, protect all these places!" when it's not mathematically possible to do that while still getting all the rewards. Sure, you can protect all the places, so long as you're cool with only getting a fraction of the rewards. 
    I like the event, I __LOVE__ the fact that it is 'off the clock' ...  BUT.... 

... but this part of the communication is the issue (in my mind)... "Doctor Strange has tasked you and your Alliance with protecting six locations of great mystical importance".  COOL!, let's divide up into these 6 locations and 'save the day'.  It is a great start to the story (one of the reasons I like MPQ over other match 3 is the comic/story base) 

I think it was OK to let us guess at how to divy up our teams, that is part of the fun of a new event & part of the fun of the story.     But if your gonna give me the story of protecting 6 locations, you should make it reward protecting 6 locations. 

Really not a fan of the way the story does not really match with the rewards.  If the alliance wants to make a 'full progression', they basically have to decide between protecting 2 or 3 or 4 locations (depending on your alliance strength).  And the lack of 'wiggle room' sucks .. you really need all 20 'on deck' and making all clears.

Two Deadly (10 - 10) 
    One Deadly (10) , One Hard (6) , One Normal (4)
    Two Hard (6 - 6) , Two Normal (4 - 4) 

• gentgeen
    gentgeen Posts: 99 Match Maker
    edited October 2018
    Not all my alliance has reported in yet, but another thing I found odd was the point difference between sub-chapters.  Or maybe better put, the fact that there IS a difference, but very minor...

Deadly - Savage Land  = 15,680
    Deadly - Wakanda   = 15,320

Hard   - Kamar-Taj   = 15,320
    Hard   - Sokovia       = 15,260

Normal - Greenwich  = 15,680 (Same as the higher deadly? Why wouldn't this be 15,260)
    Normal - Kun-Lun     = 15,680

Why the different point values between the two Subs in a given level? And if your gonna make them different,  why would you not make it enough of a difference to have some kind of effect (like only needing 9 players instead of 10 )

EDIT:  And with these numbers, the ones that finish normal end up higher ranked then those that did "hard" or "Wakanda" ???