New Event - Places of Power *Updated (10/11/18)

18910111214»

Comments

• ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Overall, I'm enjoying this now that the Day 1 confusion has cleared up.

But one Con that I can see being in an intermediate alliance (only has a goal of 300+ points per member in Versus) is that the grind in this one is a wake-up call for a lot of our team. In a typical Story event, I think only a couple of us go for full progression and less play the extra clears for placement. With this event having no Easy 3 nodes, and a bunch of nodes at the harder 3 non-essential scaling, it's more work than just going for Progression. Granted, the rewards are pretty great if people do that, but it is a lot  more commitment than people are used to.
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    Smart80 said:
    Smart80 said:
    Yes, I think the only actual complaint I have about this event is that I've reached max progression before finishing the third pass on day three.  40K simply isn't enough.  The final award should come at around 52 or 54K.

I did think it was a bit rude of the devs to force us to use GSBW, whose green power requires 18 green AP, against Red Hulk, who eats green AP in what seems like every third turn since he's being fed red by a couple of ninjas.  But that's not a complaint, that's just observing how naughty they are.

Otherwise, this is a fine event and I'm enjoying the mix of characters.  I'm very glad to have had something new to play and look forward to playing it again in a couple of months.  Round of applause, I say.
    You want to need more points? I think max progression is about the same as normal pve from optimal score, right?

I dont mind goons feeding red to RHulk... its his passive :-)
    If you do a full clear of a sub, that’s about 15k points.

It’d be great if they did progression rewards Gauntlet-style: you need exactly the maximum number of points to hit the final progression prize. So in this case it’d be slightly over 60k.
    You mean, you dont want current prizes to be required more points, but instead want more prizes after Nebula?
    To me, the best thing about this whole event are the awards already, so I dont particularly need more prizes. 
    And i think some wiggle room isnt a bad thing, like for those without a particular essential..

That being said, if it really was a Gauntlet style event, where the difficulty just keeps growing and it really is an accomplishment to finish the whole ordeal, I would agree that top prize is right at the end. To me though, this isnt such a thing..
    Yup that’s what I meant. For the Gauntlet, you only got the final progression prize (a 4* cover) if you cleared every node at least once. Likewise for those 4* cover events like Growth Industry and Amadeus’ Inferno. This could be implemented into Places of Power
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Smart80 said:
    Smart80 said:
    Yes, I think the only actual complaint I have about this event is that I've reached max progression before finishing the third pass on day three.  40K simply isn't enough.  The final award should come at around 52 or 54K.

I did think it was a bit rude of the devs to force us to use GSBW, whose green power requires 18 green AP, against Red Hulk, who eats green AP in what seems like every third turn since he's being fed red by a couple of ninjas.  But that's not a complaint, that's just observing how naughty they are.

Otherwise, this is a fine event and I'm enjoying the mix of characters.  I'm very glad to have had something new to play and look forward to playing it again in a couple of months.  Round of applause, I say.
    You want to need more points? I think max progression is about the same as normal pve from optimal score, right?

I dont mind goons feeding red to RHulk... its his passive :-)
    If you do a full clear of a sub, that’s about 15k points.

It’d be great if they did progression rewards Gauntlet-style: you need exactly the maximum number of points to hit the final progression prize. So in this case it’d be slightly over 60k.
    You mean, you dont want current prizes to be required more points, but instead want more prizes after Nebula?
    To me, the best thing about this whole event are the awards already, so I dont particularly need more prizes. 
    And i think some wiggle room isnt a bad thing, like for those without a particular essential..

That being said, if it really was a Gauntlet style event, where the difficulty just keeps growing and it really is an accomplishment to finish the whole ordeal, I would agree that top prize is right at the end. To me though, this isnt such a thing..
    Yup that’s what I meant. For the Gauntlet, you only got the final progression prize (a 4* cover) if you cleared every node at least once. Likewise for those 4* cover events like Growth Industry and Amadeus’ Inferno. This could be implemented into Places of Power
    I think that would be quite nice, but would also mean you should get node points once and just hit repeatedly for additional node rewards. That wouldnt be problematic to anyone either im sure, although we would just end up with Gauntlet 2.. 

Having said that, im starting to feel like having a Gauntlet again already... although im afraid the difficulty wont be a challenge anymore.. (unless they add something that the less stars you use, the better rewards you get...)
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    jamesh said:
    So having done all my clears, here are my main take aways from the new event:

[snip]

5. I liked that I could effectively play the missions at any time of the day without detriment to my alliance.  However I still ended up playing them all in one go: partly out of habit, and partly because this gave the most information to my alliance mates.  I'd like to see more events experiment with this kind of thing though.

Yeah, this was the most helpful of the bunch.  Granted, I also did them in one go, but that's mainly because I wanted to see just how many of my characters a champed, boosted 5-star Thanos could take out with Court Death.  Starting with one-stars, I got through maybe half of the champed 3-stars before the matches ended.
  • MrDupaTM
    MrDupaTM Posts: 64 Match Maker
    1. I liked that I could effectively play the missions at any time of the day without detriment to my alliance.  However I still ended up playing them all in one go: partly out of habit, and partly because this gave the most information to my alliance mates.  I'd like to see more events experiment with this kind of thing though.
    They really should change all of the events so we don't have to look at the clock and play the whenever we want and not whenever the d3go wants us to. The way it is designed right now turns all the events into chores. We have work, social life, kids. It's such a pain to have to plan to play and not just play. 
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2018
    Please, do not ever take away the clock in pve, it will be so boring! 

If, and thats a big IF, if you decide to change pve to accomodate for more flexible playing times, at least keep the clock, but make start times whenever you’d feel like it...

And please dont come with the “thats what pvp is for”, cause i could very easily turn that whole argument around on you, that pvp is for non competitive play already, with win based progression...

Back on topic:
    If this event is ever ran again, please make it somewhat of a challenge. I just did whole last sub, besides 4 and 5* essential nodes off course, with only 3*... How is that ever considered Deadly? Where is the challenge there? Now THAT I do call a chore...
  • Venom9
    Venom9 Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Just wanted to put my two cents out there now that the event is over. I am extremely disappointed by this years “new” event. I was excited when October started becuse I felt that we had not gotten anything new in a while and that we would get a new boss fight. Boss fights imo are the best part of the game, they really break up the monotony of playing the same few story’s over and over again untill your so board you want to take a break or quit. When I saw that this event was comming I was even more excited and thought this would be better than a boss and would be a game changer. I was wrong. This event is terribly boring and more of the same. It’s just a repackaging of PVE without any story, and better rewards. If you play PVE it’s basically the same thing you have been doing for the past 5 years. It’s a shame, because it seems like they needed something new for the anniversary but couldn’t thing of anything good so they just kind of threw something together at the last minuet without putting much thought into it. I wish I could say “at least they are trying something new” becuse the game really needs it but this isn’t new at all. It would have been much better if they tried something new and completely failed than to trot out the same boring stuff we already had. Even though the execution was rough I’m not going to nit pick through that, it’s always rough when you release a rushed first version of something. Everyone has diffrent opinions and I know some people liked this event, nothing wrong with that I’m just not sure why. Mabey if you love PVE and can’t get enough,you loved this event and if your kind of board with PVE your most likely board with this one. A lot of people play for periods of time untill they get board or burnt out from the constant monotony then go on a long hiatus, some come back, some don’t. I personally feel like if this is the only change we get untill next year a lot of people will start on that hiatus. Again it’s only my two cents and nothing more but I’m kind of interested if a lot you guys feel the same?