New Event - Places of Power *Updated (10/11/18)

Comments

• fireb0mber
    fireb0mber Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    For the normal node, i think it's better to split in 2 teams of 2 players, instead 1 team of 4.
    We will earn more rewards not to accomplish the level. 

Am i right ?
  • Hyoga
    Hyoga Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    It is necessary to give the good tools for the communication in the alliances,mp or note for alliance,the chat IS obsolete!!
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    For the normal node, i think it's better to split in 2 teams of 2 players, instead 1 team of 4.
    We will earn more rewards not to accomplish the level. 

Am i right ?
    Had to check a couple times, cause i couldnt believe that would be true, but yes, the 3rd and 4th indeed get almost no reward at all. Good call!
  • Razuhlui
    Razuhlui Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
    Our Alliance is doing a pretty good job at getting the best out of the missions, especially the deadly ones. when just grind for the 77k point reward. Why? Because  so we do this at both deadlies at the same time an getting more out of it , instead of focusIng at one deadly mission to 142k. our weaker players are focusing at hard or normal as they want. 
  • macgawel
    macgawel Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    Hello.
    I'll play a node alone, and i should get all the points. What's the best option ? Deadly, hard or normal ?
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint said:
    Shintok17 said:

DAY 2: Communicated the strategy with the Alliance for today many hours before it begun. It was suppose to be 10 on Deadly on the same side, 6 on Hard on the same side, and 4 on Normal on the same side. This will give us Maxed rewards for all 3 difficulties. 
    Member Distribution Results So Far: 10 Left Deadly, 2 Right Deadly (Why?), 1 Left Hard (Why?), 1 Right Hard, 0 Left Normal, and 1 Right Normal. 5 members haven't joined yet, which is fine as long as they join before the 24 hr reset and choose the right difficulties and side. 

So far it seems to be harder than I thought to try to coordinate an alliance to get max rewards. I hope tomorrow is better.
    You needed to assign specific players to specific nodes,  just saying 4 here,  6 there,  10 there leaves a ton of room for error

A B C D left normal
    E F G H I J left hard
    K L M N O P Q R S T left deadly 
    This is what I did. Except splitting everyone between the deadlies. I intentionally joined s side last so I could try and course correct if anyone didn’t follow intructions. 1 member went to the wrong side but still picked a deadly. So I switched from my assignment to get us 10 and 10.  

I was was worried we wouldn’t get it on at least 1 side. We have a member whose wedding was yesterday. That person only did 960 points before the ceremony and the flip is at 9am their time. Luckily the other 9 doing 100% equaled exactly enough. Double LT achieved!
  • Richyyy
    Richyyy Posts: 305 Mover and Shaker
    We managed to do the 10/10 Deadly split on day 2, but with the erratic way this game tends to update it seems like it'd be awfully easy for two people to join close to each other and end up with 11 on one side. Another reason it'd be nice if they'd given a little more leeway to work with (or some way to back out and switch sub).
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    macgawel said:
    Hello.
    I'll play a node alone, and i should get all the points. What's the best option ? Deadly, hard or normal ?
    Oddly, it appears normal gives the best rewards for doing it alone.  My alliance isn’t doing much this event, so I might be doing this myself the next two days.
  • TeamStewie
    TeamStewie Posts: 357 Mover and Shaker
    Richyyy said:
    We managed to do the 10/10 Deadly split on day 2, but with the erratic way this game tends to update it seems like it'd be awfully easy for two people to join close to each other and end up with 11 on one side. Another reason it'd be nice if they'd given a little more leeway to work with (or some way to back out and switch sub).
    My alliance we split the groups alphabetically by screen name. We did have someone jump to the wrong side but we caught it and swapped someone else over. I'm really proud of my group getting things right and finishing the double deadly.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP said:
    My alliance we split the groups alphabetically by screen name.
    So simple, yet ingenious..
    Works great if everyone in your alliance is roughly equal strength.  We've got several folks who couldn't quite do the deadly, so we also got some rewards from the hard nodes.
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    Just got Maximum Individual Progression reward. Just like Boss events.
  • Heartbreaksoup
    Heartbreaksoup Posts: 352 Mover and Shaker
    Yes, I think the only actual complaint I have about this event is that I've reached max progression before finishing the third pass on day three.  40K simply isn't enough.  The final award should come at around 52 or 54K.

I did think it was a bit rude of the devs to force us to use GSBW, whose green power requires 18 green AP, against Red Hulk, who eats green AP in what seems like every third turn since he's being fed red by a couple of ninjas.  But that's not a complaint, that's just observing how naughty they are.

Otherwise, this is a fine event and I'm enjoying the mix of characters.  I'm very glad to have had something new to play and look forward to playing it again in a couple of months.  Round of applause, I say.
  • Smart80
    Yes, I think the only actual complaint I have about this event is that I've reached max progression before finishing the third pass on day three.  40K simply isn't enough.  The final award should come at around 52 or 54K.

I did think it was a bit rude of the devs to force us to use GSBW, whose green power requires 18 green AP, against Red Hulk, who eats green AP in what seems like every third turn since he's being fed red by a couple of ninjas.  But that's not a complaint, that's just observing how naughty they are.

Otherwise, this is a fine event and I'm enjoying the mix of characters.  I'm very glad to have had something new to play and look forward to playing it again in a couple of months.  Round of applause, I say.
    You want to need more points? I think max progression is about the same as normal pve from optimal score, right?

I dont mind goons feeding red to RHulk... its his passive :-)
  • charmbots
    charmbots Posts: 87 Match Maker
    An altered version of this event with scl based scaling would be a great candidate for a PVE shield sim type thing each season in place of the prologue tab. The alterations I would propose would be: 
    1. One day of this event would equal one season of pve shield sim. 
    2. All paths (easy/hard/deadly) and their sub chapters are available to be played for each player. 
    3. Keep some form of alliance prog rewards on the event along with personal prog. 
  • PeeOne
    PeeOne Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
     There have been some really good ideas and comments and I wish I could multi quote...

n25philly - agreed 100% about more casual alliances struggling 

venom9 - I have planned for 2 days and still have people going on the wrong direction - based on boss events of the past I know who is strong enough to do what in this event 

houndofshadow - agree with the idea of the commander assigning nodes in the event as I stated above I know the players strengths based on their previous efforts so as a commander I should be able to allocate as such... they do that in the army the soldiers don’t all just go and do their own thing!!

regarding the chat - it would be good if we could start a seperate chat to other commanders in the alliance so we could discuss appropriate actions

as for the event - I think someone else mentioned it but visibility of who in the alliance is doing what would be really helpful - I’d love to kick the alliance member who did the wrong deadly node for either not listening or not even looking at the instructions I issued 

we haven’t been able to achieve a full team progression yet over halfway on a deadly so maybe we will get there
  • AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Smart80 said:

You want to need more points? I think max progression is about the same as normal pve from optimal score, right?

If you do a full clear of a sub, that’s about 15k points.

It’d be great if they did progression rewards Gauntlet-style: you need exactly the maximum number of points to hit the final progression prize. So in this case it’d be slightly over 60k.
    That wouldn't be great. That would mean that anyone who doesn't already have Nebula would have no chance to earn her, which would suck. What's wrong with there being more points available than you strictly need?
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    AlexR said:
    Smart80 said:

It’d be great if they did progression rewards Gauntlet-style: you need exactly the maximum number of points to hit the final progression prize. So in this case it’d be slightly over 60k.
    That wouldn't be great. That would mean that anyone who doesn't already have Nebula would have no chance to earn her, which would suck. What's wrong with there being more points available than you strictly need?
    Do it by extending it past the point where you get Nebula, not by stretching it out and keeping her as the last reward. Like, well, basically any other event, where the 4* cover is something like 2/3 or the way through the progression rewards.
  • AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Do it by extending it past the point where you get Nebula, not by stretching it out and keeping her as the last reward. Like, well, basically any other event, where the 4* cover is something like 2/3 or the way through the progression rewards.
    I wouldn't mind extending the rewards some. You do hit max rewards on Day 3; there's room.
    I just don't think it should be for max points available. As you said, like basically any other event-- they all generally allow you some leeway to earn the things without having 100% max points on everything. That way, you also avoid things like locking people out of the (for example) 10 cp top prize because they're missing 5* Thanos (which isn't easy to rectify). Or forcing people to choose between playing Deadly for alliance rewards vs playing Hard to earn max personal rewards (because they're missing Thanos and playing Deadly would therefore prevent them from getting max personal progression).
    Having more points available than you strictly need seems to me a good thing; it allows for a bit of wiggle room on these things.

• Smart80
    Smart80 said:

You mean, you dont want current prizes to be required more points, but instead want more prizes after Nebula?
    To me, the best thing about this whole event are the awards already, so I dont particularly need more prizes. 
    And i think some wiggle room isnt a bad thing, like for those without a particular essential..

That being said, if it really was a Gauntlet style event, where the difficulty just keeps growing and it really is an accomplishment to finish the whole ordeal, I would agree that top prize is right at the end. To me though, this isnt such a thing..
  • chf5868
    chf5868 Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    edited October 2018
    Well, a couple days into new event & a good majority of these questions have been answered, although I think the explanations for rollout info were extremely helpful & spot on, so thanx to the MPQ staff. I have more requests/comments than questions. 

We REALLY need some issues to be addressed for alliance commander controls in coordination & available information. Frankly, I'm surprised that data availability for commanders wasn't built into the event. Access to stats & members locations for commanders is not available in any form, we can't even look at the parent event board & get any info at all beyond what board we choose as a player & all member contribution totals for the event. We need access to stats such as:
    1) Clickable list of member point totals & locations during each leg of the event.
    2) Clickable access to parent board, showing commander not only number of players & total score for the board in question, but an actual clickable list of members on that board & their corresponding score on that board alone. Also would be helpful to include member Shield rating for 1) & 2).
    3) Addition to parent board point totals for each board to include the total needed, to make funneling members to needed areas easier. (Ex. 65,720/142000 for deadly)
    4) Expand not only character limit per post in group chat, but access to p2p private chat between members, or at least between commanders & members. This was somewhat  needed previously, but the intro of this event has made it much more important.
    5) Access to info involving members beyond 20 person limit. If someone joins & leave during event sign up boxing out a longtime member from joining event, it seems to say in rollout notes that those members can play outside the first 20 to sign up, I'm assuming for access to prizes. As such, commanders need access to event info on those players as well, to gauge their event participation as well.

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this or if other info requirements need to be added, please post any additional ideas in comments. Thanx for listening!