New Event - Places of Power *Updated (10/11/18)

Comments

• Agent262
    Agent262 Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    ...but not how many people we NEED on each node.  Seeing the points earned and people that are in each node is helpful only if we know how many people per node we need.
  • cpeyton3535
    cpeyton3535 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    Hmmm... just some quick math, one player clearing a deadly sub can score 15680.   So it would take 10 players fully clearing each deadly sub to reach 142000 a day.  Meaning no way we can finish all 6 subs with 20 players.

Someone please prove me wrong.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    Discord is conflicted between (rounded up) 10 and 8 for full DEADLY progression

• scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bottom left Deadly has 15320 points available, and 142000 needed, so 9.27 people to clear it.

Basically, you need 10 members in each deadly, and you don't be able to do any other nodes. That's for the max two LTs.
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Wave nodes only allow 2 clears each, so Wakanda will take 10 people
  • cpeyton3535
    Well, that sure bursts my bubble.  Incredible.
  • cpeyton3535
    For players like me who are in a more casual alliance, might want to just ignore the deadly subs.  One player alone can't even hit the first 10 CP progression. 
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    My Math confirms the impossibility of getting all alliance rewards!  10 players for Deadly subs, 6 players for Hard subs, and 4 players for Normal subs.  So, with 20 people, you could get HALF of the total alliance rewards.  Or just pile 20 people into the 2 hard subs, which appears to be the best strategy right now.  Somebody at D3 screwed this up. 
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    bbigler said:
     Somebody at D3 screwed this up. 
    I don't think they ever intended it to be 100% cleared for all rewards. That was just forum speculation. An alliance having to make a choice on what to target sounds like exactly what they intended.
  • Haganedragon
    Haganedragon Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    Do our points get reset each day, so if we hadn't completed a deadly then we start back at 0 the next day?

Or at least not accurately explain how this event will work and creating a lot of hype that it is falling short of now.
  • zulux21
    zulux21 Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    bbigler said:
    My Math confirms the impossibility of getting all alliance rewards!  10 players for Deadly subs, 6 players for Hard subs, and 4 players for Normal subs.  So, with 20 people, you could get HALF of the total alliance rewards.  Or just pile 20 people into the 2 hard subs, which appears to be the best strategy right now.  Somebody at D3 screwed this up. 
    It's mostly in line with what I expected.
    though I had expected a little more leeway with the deadly and only requiring 8 per with 6 for the deadly and 4 for the normal.

they are never that generous that they would let us have everything. I figured they would try to max people out at 2 of them, but not quite at you need a full alliance with everyone doing max with rosters to hit both deadly nodes.

that will teach me for having a more casual alliance and having a few people that are still in 3* land on my alliance instead of making sure I have nothing but top tier players for rewards. Hasn't been an issue with past events because even with some 3* players the rest of us could full clear, but I guess going forward I should think about how new players are bad and I really should only let people that are significantly into 4* land on my alliance if I want to get the rewards.

*sigh*
  • UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 401 Mover and Shaker
    scottee said:
    bbigler said:
    I don't think they ever intended it to be 100% cleared for all rewards. That was just forum speculation. An alliance having to make a choice on what to target sounds like exactly what they intended.
    I'm fine with that, it's the no-room-for-error on the top end that aggravates me a little.

Oh well, lesson learned.  We'll settle for 7/8 LTs and remember this for next time.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2018
    The real question is if Day 2 will be 1.33x points, Day 3 will be 1.67x points and Day 4 will be 2x points, like a usual PVE?

It appears you only need 6 people doing full clears on the middle difficulty subs to get progression (I have no idea what the easy ones are), so full rewards might be possible for just Sub 4 if it doubles like a usual PVE (assuming the progression targets stay fixed).  

We shall see...
  • zulux21
    zulux21 Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    scottee said:
    bbigler said:
    I'm fine with that, it's the no-room-for-error on the top end that aggravates me a little.

Oh well, lesson learned.  We'll settle for 7/8 LTs and remember this for next time.
    yeah... the no room for error on the top end means that any alliance that is playing nice with some newer (only been playing for a year or so) players is actively getting screwed because of those players.

as I said, my alliance has no issues in general clearing the alliance events so we haven't minded in the past bringing a few newer players with us.

I might have to reevaluate that going forward if carrying newer players is going to be a liability and lock the long term players out of rewards :/
  • justplainchips
    justplainchips Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    is 5thanos essential for hard and easy levels?
    ie, if I send 4 players to an easy node and one doesn't have 5thanos, can they compete it or not? 
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    is 5thanos essential for hard and easy levels?
    ie, if I send 4 players to an easy node and one doesn't have 5thanos, can they compete it or not? 
    Hard has the 2*, 3* & 4* as essential.  Thanos is boosted but not required.  I'm assuming the same for easy.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well I for one love this event so far. This is exactly how PVE should be, the alliance working together to clear progression rewards. No placement, just you all working as a team. Change all PVE events to mirror this one and leave placement in PVP where it should be.