New Event - Places of Power *Updated (10/11/18)

Comments

• Eichen
    Eichen Posts: 176 Tile Toppler
    Can you guys imagine trying to figure this out and then trying to coordinate it through the in-game chat right after it goes live?  That would be a nightmare!!
  • charmbots
    charmbots Posts: 87 Match Maker
    I think the basic concern here that us players want cleared up boils down to “can all the available rewards be earned each day? Or do we need to pick and choose?” 
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanos is the boosted 5-star?  Wow...hope everyone's got their health packs ready.  This is going to hurt.
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2018
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/13-1xQAutjTjfkMSUi8RulTUZxK5XP1uH_i5WdGJWOsc/mobilebasic

Someone gathered most Q&A here (dont expect to find the real interesting info though...)
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    JHawkInc said:
    I am actually impressed at the potential rewards but it's possible that they arent kidding, and deadly nodes will be *deadly* to some players and alliances.  

Anyone from discord getting more info than we are getting here, willing to share some more details?
    Yes. They will not tell us how many each sub clear is worth so we will not be able to plan.  They want us to “have fun and figure it out”. 
    And everyone who thinks it's fun to have all of the information up front and THEN figure things out? Those people DON'T EXIST.

Dear Devs. Hidding the box so we can figure out the picture while putting together the puzzle is not fun for people who like to look at the picture while working on the puzzle.

This event looks so amazing I'm still a little baffled that it exists, but the information drought is just not fun anymore. Provide info, slap it in a spolier block on the forums so people can avoid it if they want, and let us have fun playing the game without being forced through unnecessary charades. Especially since the community is going to share this info and make "players have to figure it out" null and void within a few hours of the event going live.
    Exactly.  Having 3 ally’s, 60 people across the world
    trying to figure this out and execute this. Plus if you don’t have Line, good luck. 
  • halirin
    halirin Posts: 327 Mover and Shaker
    zulux21 said:
    marshall said:
    It'll take 5 min for people to figure out how to minmax this thing once it's launched. It's okay to have a minimum of surprise at a brand new event...
    because we all have all the free time in the world to coordinate.
    I have to leave for work shortly after the event starts and am mostly in charge of my alliance.
    It's it really that bad that I would like to be able to plan things out before hand instead of hope I can get in touch with people while they are at work so we don't screw up the first round?
    There is no good reason to keep the information back, if you want to be surprised you could avoid this thread and figure it out yourself. For me it's just a huge pain that will likely cost our alliance rewards in the first round because it's "more fun" to no know before hand.
    yay :/
    before you go to work tell your alliance folks to try to be smart about it when they join. 
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    Thanos is the boosted 5-star?  Wow...hope everyone's got their health packs ready.  This is going to hurt.
    You have a full 24 hours to clear it so you can let those health packs regen if it gets very messy.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    My concern is about how many people are needed for each sub ecent. If it's a minimum of 3 we're going to struggle on some of them.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    You have a full 24 hours to clear it so you can let those health packs regen if it gets very messy.
    I recently cleaned out a Deadpool vault, as three of the 3-stars were ones that I'm trying to rebuild for my farm.  It took 299 pulls to get all of the 3-star covers, so I've got plenty of health packs.  There will be a lot of 1-star and 2-star cannon fodder as well.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wait, if individual progression spans 4 days, they're expecting us to get about 10,000 a day, right?

so how the heck are we meant to get 142,000 points for a Deadly sub event per day as a group? I'm obviouslky missing something but I don't know what.
  • Colognoisseur
    Colognoisseur Posts: 804 Critical Contributor
    As a guess I suspect you can earn 10,000 points per day from the easy nodes. That way if you complete four days at that level you get full individual rewards. I expect the points will scale through hard and deadly levels.
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Wait, if individual progression spans 4 days, they're expecting us to get about 10,000 a day, right?

so how the heck are we meant to get 142,000 points for a Deadly sub event per day as a group? I'm obviouslky missing something but I don't know what.
    There will probably be more than 10000 points possible per day. I routinely get about twice as many points as needed for individual progression.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Also, don’t forget that most Story events have more points per mission each day, so individual progression may get easier to build to each day of the event.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think the idea of the new alliance event is about discovering, exploring, scouting and formulating strategies while the event is running to take the monotony out of the typical alliance event?

It could go something like the leaders would send 6 players out to explore each parent node. Then the 6 players will report their findings to their leaders. The leaders will then come up with the appropriate strategy with information gathered to clear as many rewards as possible in all the nodes real time.

To summarise, the process looks like 

1) scouting 2) formulating strategies while the event is running 3) executing the plan

I think what's happening here is that some want all details available so that they can plan out the entire 3 or 4 days event in advance. The process will then look like this:

1) formulating strategies before event begins 2) executing the plan once the event starts

Just a guess, anyway.

The alliance event looks refreshing and I'm counting down to the event.  B)
  • DigitHAL9000
    DigitHAL9000 Posts: 61 Match Maker
    My question is: what difficulty level is "DEADLY"?
    I assume easy and hard are the same as normal PVEs where easy are the first 3 nodes and hard the last 3.
    Is it right?
    then what is "DEADLY"?
    Is it like 5* nodes?
    Harder?

Thank you.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    My question is: what difficulty level is "DEADLY"?
    I assume easy and hard are the same as normal PVEs where easy are the first 3 nodes and hard the last 3.
    Is it right?
    then what is "DEADLY"?
    Is it like 5* nodes?
    Harder?

Thank you.

The described opponent levels places the Deadly missions at approximately the level of SCL 9 in Story Mode I Believe.
  • DigitHAL9000
    That could be ok as I'm used to play SCL9.
  • DigitHAL9000
    edited October 2018
    Ah, "Deadly" nodes. "Deadly" was a team of two Muscles and Juggernaut, all overscaled to ridiculous levels. Imagine the Muscles pumping out Strike tiles of obscene strength, together with their AoE. Then throw in a Juggernaut whose two abilities cost 6AP. *shudder*

Define "obscene" and "ridiculous".
    How much damage?
    4000 for the thompson machine gun? 6000? 8000?