New Event - Places of Power *Updated (10/11/18)

Comments

• fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    The required missions,  are they 2/3/4 star or 3/4/5 star? 
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    They can give 1000 LTs but if we do not know some important details you will never get it.  Point value of each sub is very important to work with your ally’s. 
  • Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    I am actually impressed at the potential rewards but it's possible that they arent kidding, and deadly nodes will be *deadly* to some players and alliances.  

Anyone from discord getting more info than we are getting here, willing to share some more details?
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am actually impressed at the potential rewards but it's possible that they arent kidding, and deadly nodes will be *deadly* to some players and alliances.  

Anyone from discord getting more info than we are getting here, willing to share some more details?
    Yes. They will not tell us how many each sub clear is worth so we will not be able to plan.  They want us to “have fun and figure it out”. 
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    fmftint said:
    The required missions,  are they 2/3/4 star or 3/4/5 star? 
    "Wait and see!"
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2018
    “have fun and figure it out"
    Is that allowed?
     ;) 
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Only complaint I can think to make is this is another Anniversary event with its own vault rather than just keeping with the Anniversary vault. For Taskmaster, there was a good reason, but otherwise, it should just be Anniversary tokens. No complaints on Latest instead of Fan Favorite tokens though.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    oh wow, I liked it when I read it first  but thought the rewards were a bit low, but with Bigby's reply I am impressed ... Avengers Assemble!!!!
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    I can’t see any way you can get all the daily rewards. Personal progression maxes out at 40k. Over 4 days that’s 10k per day. Which would give your alliance 200k total. 

Allowing for 50% above max progression would give your alliance 300k per day. Maybe enough for 2 deadly max progressions but not enough to sweep the board.

unless we exceed personal progression on the second day and then get disappointed.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2018
    These rewards are extremely generous! The max rewards you could get for the entire event is:

8 LT, 240 CP, 2525 HP, 127K ISO, 103K RISO and 72 Tokens/covers

This is unprecedented.

Also, I would bet that you would need more people to play the Deadly subs than the lower ones in order to get max alliance rewards. So, perhaps you distribute people 1 for easy subs, 3 for medium subs, and 5 for hard subs, which totals 18 people.
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2018
    Quebbster said:
    With no point regeneration, finding out isn't that difficult. Send one guy in first to find out how many points a sub yields and allocate people accordingly.
    True, should be possible.

Couple things would be nice to know though:
    - can a player in normal or hard earn as much points for personal progression, as a player that goes deadly?
    - can a player in normal or hard earn as much from node rewards, as a player that goes deadly?

Would be kinda rough for those guinea pigs, if that isnt same for all.

I do think the “have fun and find out” attitude is a nice gimmick, but would have been whole lot nicer if not so last minute. But when it means some of alliance need to take one for the team, thats kinda rough.. Wouldnt be very nice to keep that a secret, so hope you can answer those questions before we go live, thank you. @Brigby
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2018
    Rewards look exceptional
     Fair balance for Alliances with mixed Rosters, so there is something for everyone
    That boost list is very friendly
    New Content is always welcome (I still liked Wakanda)

So please don't take this as a criticism but just kinda deflating for me: I wish Taskmaster was included. Looks like I will have to HfH to get one, but alas Limited.
    and I thought all the anniversary events were supposed to award anniversary vault tokens? but whatevs the sheer amount will surely net something good.
    EDIT: Only PvP Season awards Anniversary Vault

With what is possibly the most anticipated part of the Anniversary (Sorry Nate) 24 hr advance warning is a little short notice especially since there are so many questions but I know the good ol Forumites will have the real deets soon after going live. So no worries (thats for my commanders) I'm ready to PoP!

• BigND
    BigND Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    edited October 2018
    bbigler said:
    Also, I would bet that you would need more people to play the Deadly subs than the lower ones in order to get max alliance rewards. So, perhaps you distribute people 1 for easy subs, 3 for medium subs, and 5 for hard subs, which totals 18 people.
    Well if 12420 points is max per player on deadly difficulty, then it has to be 12 players to get 142k points and get LT for one sub. And in this case 20 people is not enough even for clearing 2 deadly subs.

Interesting.
  • zulux21
    zulux21 Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    I think this event sounds interesting.
    not telling us how much the full clear is worth per person though is stupid.
    You want us to plan with our alliance and we can't without that information.
    and I'm not best friends with everyone that I can talk to daily and easily. Some people I need almost 24 hours in advance to get information to and from because we live on other sides of the world and our timing doesn't work well.
    so the way you are currently doing it when they join they are just going to have to look and hope they choose right without really any talking because you aren't letting me plan right now with them -_-
  • Showdere
    Showdere Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    BigND said:
    bbigler said:
    Well if 12420 points is max per player on deadly difficulty, then it has to be 12 players to get 142k points and get LT for one sub. And in this case 20 people is not enough even for clearing 2 deadly subs.

Interesting.
    The 12420 points is probably not the max. Jen at Demiurge made the following comment in the discord chat earlier "but as with all screenshots we release before an event or character comes out, remember that numbers can sometimes be placeholder, so don't take anything for gospel until you play it."

• BigND
    BigND Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    edited October 2018
    Showdere said:
    BigND said:
    bbigler said:

Interesting.
    The 12420 points is probably not the max. Jen at Demiurge made the following comment in the discord chat earlier "but as with all screenshots we release before an event or character comes out, remember that numbers can sometimes be placeholder, so don't take anything for gospel until you play it."

I really hope so. But it seems that it will not be possible to get all the prizes twice a day. And that explains the generosity being not that generous at all. :-)
  • marshall
    marshall Posts: 179 Tile Toppler
    It'll take 5 min for people to figure out how to minmax this thing once it's launched. It's okay to have a minimum of surprise at a brand new event...