It's Us, Deadpool Offer

Options

Comments

• Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bluewolf said:

The devs have hinted that it will be clear later what they are doing.  I dunno.
    See, that's not good. The customer/business relationship is very important, and you cannot say to your customers "We're going to experiment on you and not tell you anything about it. But...trust us, yeah? =D"

It's anti-consumer, even if the end goal isn't that. Treating your customers like lab rats rarely goes down well.

Being up front and transparent with these matters goes a lot further, because otherwise people start speculating. And people are often pessamistic, so they'll speculate that there's some nefarious scheme going on. then when the truth comes out the population has made up their mind as to what the real truth is and you come across as a liar for telling the truth because it defies the established narrative.

Nothing abut this will end well.
  • Vins2
    Vins2 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Good for you guys who are trying to find the good side of this, or are even sugar coating your criticisms by saying it's only a little over the line.  This is greedy as hell to me.
  • Arix90
    Arix90 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Has anyone got any offera after mutant mayham? (I have that one on my queue now probably not buying it)
  • Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Options
    So much complaining........

It's their game and they can do whatever they want.

Yes, I agree there are better ways they could have done some things, but I don't understand this apparent need to whine about things.  If your criticism is constructive then, by all means, give it and move on.

If you don't like the offers, don't buy them.  If you want to see what's next, do buy them.  Either way make a decision and move on.... Unless you're ten years old.... In that case, go ask a parent.

In the end, it really isn't worth getting this worked up over.  So, if this is stressing you, in any way, remember that it's just a game and you really can just pass on the offers and be done with it.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Actually, they can't just do whatever they want. These actions are not performed in a vacuum. If they make bad decisions and people stop spending, they stop being profitable, Marvel cancels the license, and then it won't be their game anymore, and we won't have a game to play.

It is just a game, the people who are disappointed are voicing their opinion because they would like it to remain a game, instead of disappearing into the ether.

No one benefits from you telling people to not voice their opinions, so why do it?
  • randomhero1090
    randomhero1090 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I wish I had this kind of feedback in my business.  There's been a lot of common themes in this thread.  I'd assume they are paying attention.
  • Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Options
    JHawkInc said:

It is just a game, the people who are disappointed are voicing their opinion because they would like it to remain a game, instead of disappearing into the ether.

No one benefits from you telling people to not voice their opinions, so why do it?
    I think you missed. The other part of Blackstone's post

Yes, I agree there are better ways they could have done some things, but I don't understand this apparent need to whine about things.  If your criticism is constructive then, by all means, give it and move on.
    Its the "constructive criticism" part that is lacking in some posts.  I even agree, that this is not the best way to do it. So I will vote with my wallet and not buy any of them.
  • Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Options
    JHawkInc said:

Actually, they can't just do whatever they want. These actions are not performed in a vacuum. If they make bad decisions and people stop spending, they stop being profitable, Marvel cancels the license, and then it won't be their game anymore, and we won't have a game to play.

Again, I'm not telling anyone to stop voicing their opinions.  People can do whatever they like, I just think some could do it in a more constructive manner.  In fact, I hope people continue to voice their opinions, I just don't think it's helpful to do so in an aggressive manner.

And, yes, they can do whatever they want.  It does effect the players, but it's still up to the company how they run their game.

• NeonBlue
    NeonBlue Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Anyone got info on any new pack that came out? I didn't buy Mutant Mayhem, so I don't know what's being offered going forward.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,286 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I just can't pull the trigger on any of them.  It is way too much money (for me) even though some of the offers would help.

The only thing I can think is it is set up for new whales.  People with lots of money who don't want to spend the time to build up their roster.  So they don't have Iceman, X-23, etc. at a decent level.  This is a shortcut to get some older characters at high levels quickly.

The thing I don't understand is why there is no announcement within the game?  Do they assume every whale is either on this forum or Discord?  Why not announce "Once you buy one pack then another one will appear".  How do they expect people to know this who aren't on the forums/discord.

I get that it is a money grab but it is a very odd money grab where people who might actually spend money don't know that there is more to spend it on then what you see at first.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Are there any whales on this forum?  You know, people who spend $100 - $500 a week on this game?
  • Twomp_thaDJ
    Twomp_thaDJ Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Options
    bbigler said:
    Are there any whales on this forum?  You know, people who spend $100 - $500 a week on this game?
    Naw they got their own forum lol
  • VoltaicDuke
    VoltaicDuke Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Any info on the wakanda pack?
  • nordhofsweden
    nordhofsweden Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    I could be wrong but also pretty much none of these guys are 5* feeders, right? Vulture? Maybe I'm getting cynical but you would have thought that would have been an extra incentive for hundreds of $. Or maybe not.
    Vulture = Peter Parker
    Kate Bishop = Hawkeye
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    smkspy said:
    I'll just take my slow 4 star farm and 3 star dupe farm progression since I'm a 5 star player now.

Don't need expensive monthly turbo boosts to spend along roster development just for champ levels and lousy 3 star supports.

This is the very definition of predatory sales tactics to me. For the record, not against these bundles, but the implementation is just evil.
    Actually, this is like part of the motivation for why they're doing it -- why they're looking for new revenue sources. Players like yourself, some/many of whom were once whales (though not necessarily you, @smkspy), no longer have any real incentive to spend on the game. Post-ISO, post-HP, etc. with only new 5*s really left to chase. Even the marginal advantage of increasing 5* champ levels isn't great enough really to matter much...
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Yepyep said:
    smkspy said:
    I'll just take my slow 4 star farm and 3 star dupe farm progression since I'm a 5 star player now.

Don't need expensive monthly turbo boosts to spend along roster development just for champ levels and lousy 3 star supports.

This is the very definition of predatory sales tactics to me. For the record, not against these bundles, but the implementation is just evil.
    Actually, this is like part of the motivation for why they're doing it -- why they're looking for new revenue sources. Players like yourself, some/many of whom were once whales (though not necessarily you, @smkspy), no longer have any real incentive to spend on the game. Post-ISO, post-HP, etc. with only new 5*s really left to chase. Even the marginal advantage of increasing 5* champ levels isn't great enough really to matter much...
    Maybe so, but it also puts off players like myself of wanting to purchase these bundles. I bought all the previous bundles...but them being spaced out helped to soften the grand total effect. These back to back bundles, ever increasing in price, make it plain and clear that buying them is gonna be $200.

Couple that with timed windows and being dependent on buying a previous pack, this is just terrible marketing and an ultra easy way to alienate customers like me that have been supportive of bundles in the past.

The vagueness of it all to players not on line or the forums especially lends itself to predatory sales tactics. 

Though to be clear, in no way against such bundles, but their implementation is almost as bad as the rollout of supports.
  • Drlex
    Drlex Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I bought the villains pack, but I don’t know if I want to buy the next pack presumably the one with teen jean and others. Is there one after that? If so what is it?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,305 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    People haven’t seen anything after the Mutant pack. It seems like that’s the last offer.