It's Us, Deadpool Offer

Options

Comments

• Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Absent any official announcement, I'm worried that if I don't buy all the available packs I'll miss out on the one with 13 covers each of Okoye, Jessica Jones and Thor, for the low, low price of $250.

(That's speculation, I have not datamined anything.)

Which makes me think, one way to get confirmation as to what might be upcoming is to post wild theories.  Whichever posts are deleted and the posters banned are the right ones.

• turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Like the variety of packs available and some seem to be reasonably priced, like the deadpool one, I just wish you would put them up on HfH at the end of the month when I have money available. 

Anniversary coming up so hopefully I’ll get lucky and there will be something awesome available 🙂
  • VoltaicDuke
    VoltaicDuke Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    People haven’t seen anything after the Mutant pack. It seems like that’s the last offer.
    Yep - I think Mutant Mayhem is the last pack too.  The only person to every talk about the "Wakanda Pack" is on Facebook and supposedly heard it from a friend - no screenshot was provided.  We would have seen some evidence by now if it was real.   
  • Twomp_thaDJ
    Twomp_thaDJ Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    People haven’t seen anything after the Mutant pack. It seems like that’s the last offer.
    Yep - I think Mutant Mayhem is the last pack too.  The only person to every talk about the "Wakanda Pack" is on Facebook and supposedly heard it from a friend - no screenshot was provided.  We would have seen some evidence by now if it was real.   
    yeah the Wakanda pack is hiding behind a vibrainium wall and can only be seen by the rare Black Whale of Wakanda
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I just got offered the Deadpool Bundle as soon as the Rare Avengers Bundle expired. I did not buy the 1st Bundle, so I guess they are offering them all one after the other regardless if you buy it or not. That sucks for the people that were pressured into buying them fast thinking they would expire. Or even worse the players that bought the 1st Offer just to be able to buy the other bundles they actually wanted.
  • Qubort
    Qubort Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Shintok17 said:
    I just got offered the Deadpool Bundle as soon as the Rare Avengers Bundle expired. I did not buy the 1st Bundle, so I guess they are offering them all one after the other regardless if you buy it or not. That sucks for the people that were pressured into buying them fast thinking they would expire. Or even worse the players that bought the 1st Offer just to be able to buy the other bundles they actually wanted.
    They announced if you were eligible for both Deadpool and Avengers packs you'd see both. They haven't announced anything about after that. 
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2018
    Options
    smkspy said:
    Yepyep said:
    smkspy said:
    I'll just take my slow 4 star farm and 3 star dupe farm progression since I'm a 5 star player now.

Don't need expensive monthly turbo boosts to spend along roster development just for champ levels and lousy 3 star supports.

This is the very definition of predatory sales tactics to me. For the record, not against these bundles, but the implementation is just evil.
    Actually, this is like part of the motivation for why they're doing it -- why they're looking for new revenue sources. Players like yourself, some/many of whom were once whales (though not necessarily you, @smkspy), no longer have any real incentive to spend on the game. Post-ISO, post-HP, etc. with only new 5*s really left to chase. Even the marginal advantage of increasing 5* champ levels isn't great enough really to matter much...
    Maybe so, but it also puts off players like myself of wanting to purchase these bundles. I bought all the previous bundles...but them being spaced out helped to soften the grand total effect. These back to back bundles, ever increasing in price, make it plain and clear that buying them is gonna be $200.

Couple that with timed windows and being dependent on buying a previous pack, this is just terrible marketing and an ultra easy way to alienate customers like me that have been supportive of bundles in the past.

The vagueness of it all to players not on line or the forums especially lends itself to predatory sales tactics. 

Though to be clear, in no way against such bundles, but their implementation is almost as bad as the rollout of supports.
    I agree with every word of what you've said here. It puts me off, too.

I like seeing offers that I can consider calmly, but I am as susceptible as the next person by predatory tactics and the result is always bad juju -- if I buy, I feel dirty and used. If I don't buy, I feel like I've lost out on something.

Nothing good can come of this tactic.
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Qubort said:
    Shintok17 said:
    They announced if you were eligible for both Deadpool and Avengers packs you'd see both. They haven't announced anything about after that. 
    I know they said that, but I didn't see them both at the same time. 
  • Drlex
    Drlex Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Has anyone actually let the DP offer expire? I am just curious if anything actually comes after if it expires. I wonder if they were going to send them out no matter what or if it was like we all thought. If they do send them out I will be pissed because I would have had more time to come with the money.
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Hope there is a $100 offer for anniversary week
  • Heartbreaksoup
    Heartbreaksoup Posts: 352 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I bought the 2nd and 3rd bundles - Deadpool and whatever the Hulkbuster/Fury one is called - and the 4th one has been stuck in my HfH offers since.  I never saw the 3* Avengers offer.

I decided $20 was a fair price for the Deadpools, but had I known the Young Avengers one would become available, then I never would have bought it.  I'd much rather have had that bundle, but I can't justify $90 in game purchases in a month.  $70 would have been pushing it, but I think I would have done Hulkbuster/Fury and Young Avengers.  So the company could have got $70 from me instead of just $50.  It just seems like very bad marketing the way they rolled this out.
  • Rhadamanthus23
    Rhadamanthus23 Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Options
    This is my first year playing; when is the anniversary week? I thought this was it...
  • NeonBlue
    NeonBlue Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    Options
    This is my first year playing; when is the anniversary week? I thought this was it...
    Usually the anniversary is around October.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Anniversary is October 3rd. Usually events and stuff kick off that week (MPQ new events and PVP seasons start on Thursday, so maybe October 4th this year), and we get a solid two weeks of special events and rewards. Good times.
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Others have answered above, but they usually have resource sales that are worth saving for
  • derrickn
    derrickn Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Drlex said:
    Has anyone actually let the DP offer expire? I am just curious if anything actually comes after if it expires. I wonder if they were going to send them out no matter what or if it was like we all thought. If they do send them out I will be pissed because I would have had more time to come with the money.
    I'm absolutely letting it expire.   Nothing in those offers is interesting (I'm in 4* land, I'd guess.  Have 80 percentish of 4*s champed, just got my first 5* 13-covered today.   Will never level any 5* up).   
    I just got the DP offer today, tho.    Will be 3 more days before it expires...
  • jayx_2
    jayx_2 Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Drlex said:
    Yes I let the DP offer expire. No further offers have come yet (it expired yesterday).
  • Drlex
    Drlex Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    Options
    jayx_2 said:
    Drlex said:
    Yes I let the DP offer expire. No further offers have come yet (it expired yesterday).
    It is what we thought. Thanks for posting.
  • RPIJG
    RPIJG Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    Options
    So, these packs were really mostly targeted to the 3/4 hybrids or 4* sub-max folks.  It was a great value for me, since pulling heroics or vaults almost always resulted in a garbage pail full of 2*'s, at least this way I knew I was getting 4* covers and for characters that I needed them for.  Tying the offers together in a purchase string was a bit irritating, and maybe if I couldn't get such good value from most all of the packs, I can understand why a 5* player or a 4* max player might be frustrated at having to buy the down tier packs in the hopes of a higher tier pack coming some day unknown.