It's Us, Deadpool Offer

Options

Comments

• GamBaTron
    GamBaTron Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I think it would be really cool if they did one of these limited time offers where you get to pick the hero that will receive the 6 covers. Even if they had to put some rules in place for it. I already know who on my roster I would pick

$14.99 to pick a 3*
    $19.99 to pick a 4*

• Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I can see an argument being made to remove the time limit from the one time purchase offers as a valid point to make.

It makes sense and they would probably sell more in the long run.  Also, people would be able to make those purchases on their own time without feeling like they are missing out on something.

I don't see any reason for people to be upset though.  Offers are being made based on previous purchase history.  Those offers will meet the needs of some, but not others, and the individual will have to decide what they would like to purchase or not purchase.

Either way, I have really just seen them as a way to get some iso and hp for a discount, with some covers thrown in for good measure.  Because whether you need the covers in the packs, or not, it's still a good deal if you want to spend the money.
  • BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So it’s not guaranteed but from what I can tell, if you pass on an offer then you don’t even have the option of buying the next offer.

Please correct me if I’m wrong but if that’s the case...it’s exremel shady at best to not mention it up front.
  • Twomp_thaDJ
    Twomp_thaDJ Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    edited September 2018
    Options
    So it’s not guaranteed but from what I can tell, if you pass on an offer then you don’t even have the option of buying the next offer.

Please correct me if I’m wrong but if that’s the case...it’s exremel shady at best to not mention it up front.
    This is something I would like clarified as well... I really would prefer the Deadpool pack as opposed to the Rare avengers deal. So if I pass up the Rare Avengers does that mean I won’t be able to get the Deadpool offer? I can see myself spending $20 but $35 just for the DP stuff is kinda up there.. ($35 because I don’t need any of the RA pack so I would only be spending to make sure I get the DP pack) any help with this @Brigby
  • BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Options

This is something I would like clarified as well... I really would prefer the Deadpool pack as opposed to the Rare avengers deal. So if I pass up the Rare Avengers does that mean I won’t be able to get the Deadpool offer? I can see myself spending $20 but $35 just for the DP stuff is kinda up there.. ($35 because I don’t need any of the RA pack so I would only be spending to make sure I get the DP pack) any help with this @Brigby
    Oh they’ve clarified. 

It’s a chain, keep buying or forfeit your chance to keep buying, **** to the nth degree.
  • MarcusGraves
    MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Oh they’ve clarified. 

It’s a chain, keep buying or forfeit your chance to keep buying, tinykitty to the nth degree.
    Yep it really is, I'm totally done with 3*'s and I do not wanna buy this garbage Avengers pack with 3* GS/CA/Hawk. Guess what my friend told me he sees in the store currently, Vital Villains that contains 3 of each ability for Vulture, Ghost AND Red Hulk, it's $49.99 but I REALLY REALLY want it because it would finish all 3 characters for me.

I've supported this game quite a lot since it's release, i'm actually kinda insulted i'm not able to access this deal, if I don't get offered this deal at some point if it's on some kinda rotation i'll be even more offended.
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 581 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This whole thing makes no business sense whatsoever, and is executed rather poorly as well. The solution is not that hard though.

Open a Bundles Store (like the HfH). This doesn't need to be open all the time, it can appear instead at special events or once a month or whatever and be open for 4 days or a week etc.

Have 2-3 NEW or CURRENT offers in there of various prices and values to choose from, and the rest can be padded out with all the SCL packs that you have not bought at the time, but are eligible for. Like others have said before, since everyone can only buy it once, the time limit is nonsense, and it would make more sense to provide other opportunities to get them. They could even do a price increase on this. Say if you reach scl 3 this bundle comes up for $8 and is at x8 value. You have 2 days to get it. If you don't, it'll be available in the bundles store later, but for $10 which makes it only at x5 value now. This would still be a good offer though, and people might wish to come back to it and get it retroactively. Point being, they would spend money.

This store should be open for everyone. You do not gain customers by selling nothing! Not giving offers to those who have not yet bought anything is the biggest nonsense I've ever heard of! You do not gain customers by selling nothing! You do not gain customers by selling nothing!!!!!
    Once someone makes an in-game purchase they are far more likely to do so again. You want to tempt people into buying and spending money, even if they have not done so before. You cannot do this by not giving them any offers at all to spend on!

So tl:dr what this current bundles store should look like:
    current offers:   rare avengers             $12
                                deadpool                     $20
                                legendary avengers   $30
                                vital villains                 $50
    other offers: scl. starter   $
                           scl 3 pack    $
                           scl 4 pack    $
                           scl 6 pack    $         (or whichever packs you have not bought yet)

This would give people tons of choices, they could budget according to their wallets and needs, and could buy any one or any combination of these bundles. The person who wants to spend $50 on villains, but not on anything else would still be spending $50!!!! That is far more than the nothing they would spend, if they have to pass up the opportunity entirely because of the chain link thing.

For me I would want the dp, but then I would rather buy the scl 3 or 4 I passed up on, because I don't have enough for dp and the legendary avengers. But the next time the store opens up,  with similar spending brackets, I might go for the $30 one instead. Or on a different combination of packs that brings my total spend to about $30 or so, because that is my monetary situation, regardless of how much I salivate over all the other packs. We are all adults (mostly). We can make our choices, if we are given any.

Point is, with more choices people would be spending more (or any at all) and you would have a better chance at gaining new customers as well.

Just business wise, I don't get it. Why not do this? Why??
  • dragonreader
    dragonreader Posts: 89 Match Maker
    Options
    First let me say I appreciate that they are doing these offers.

But I do feel like I am being punished for buying the starter pack as I now need to buy a bundle I don’t need to get to the bundle I really want.  

I don’t neccessarily mind it being a series (although I’d prefer it wasn’t) but it seems odd the starting point it based on prior purchases that no longer reflect where my roster is at.

But as I say I appreciate them doing these even if I cannot take advantage of them 
  • xdogg
    xdogg Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    OK, I bought the first two packs, now I have a third offer for $30, my problem with this is I cant keep spending that much money on the game, maybe if they offered these once a month I would keep buying them
  • dragonreader
    dragonreader Posts: 89 Match Maker
    Options
    Yeah if they were better spaced I’d buy them all, even those I don’t need.
  • justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2018
    Options
    I really really really dislike having to buy an earlier pack (that I don’t want) in order to unlock access to a pack that I do want.

Does the money you guys make from those who buy all packs in the chain offset the money you lose from those of us who would have bought some of the later packs but can’t because we refuse to buy the earlier packs?

And yeah, I’d be more inclined to buy multiple packs if these were spaced out more.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Okay now there's a third offer and I'm annoyed.

I'd have bought this offer by itself, but after just spending about £25-30 on the previous two I can't do a third. You've found my limit.

Doing these offers every now and then is fine, but three in a row without the ability to choose before hand which one I want? Forget it.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bowgentle said:
    Problem:
    Brigby said:
    At the same time though, we wanted to avoid overwhelming everyone with a zillion offers all at once, and also present them in a way that's fair to different players.

MPQ Solution:
    Throw the zillion offers at the player, spaced out every 12 hours.

Yeah, makes sense.

It makes as much logic as the criteria applied. I bought a cheeseburger last week, now I wanna buy a Big Mac but they wont sell me a Big Mac unless I buy a cheeseburger first!

So buy nothing.
  • froggerjohn
    froggerjohn Posts: 373 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I don't think we have to buy the early pack to get the later one. The quote said we get offered the RA pack "first", so doesn't that mean that the DP pack shows up when the RA pack expires?

• Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 416 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I never saw the RA pack but got the Deadpool one and bought the LA one. I haven’t been offered a villains pack but now can see a Young Avengers pack with six covers each for Kate, America C and Wiccan. The prices seem to escalate with each offer. Is this a test to see how high the price can be pushed before players stop buying?
  • randomhero1090
    randomhero1090 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    Bowgentle said:
    Problem:
    Brigby said:
    At the same time though, we wanted to avoid overwhelming everyone with a zillion offers all at once, and also present them in a way that's fair to different players.

MPQ Solution:

Yeah, makes sense.

It makes as much logic as the criteria applied. I bought a cheeseburger last week, now I wanna buy a Big Mac but they wont sell me a Big Mac unless I buy a cheeseburger first!

So buy nothing.

LOL...  but very true.

It's working as it should, but it doesn't mean it is right.  However, you also don't have a buy a thing.  Nobody is forcing you to, I just think in fairness to the entire game community you should have the offer to buy anything and everything offered.

I really wanted the DP offer for a variety of reasons.  Price was fine.  Not sure if I am going after some of these other offers however.  Skipping HB/NF offer.  It would but me at 13+ covers for both, but I am so far in the ISO hole right now I am not worried about it.  I have 5x 4s at 13 covers and 5x 4s at 12 covers.  2 of those at 12 I got the 13th coming (Yondu and Coulson).  So that leaves me 5 more already to champ.  It's gonna be awhile :)

• Persephone
    Persephone Posts: 201 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'm confused.  I see the DP offer.  If I don't buy the DP offer, will other offers show up at some other point?  

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    Bowgentle said:
    Problem:
    Brigby said:

MPQ Solution:

Yeah, makes sense.

So buy nothing.

LOL...  but very true.

It's working as it should, but it doesn't mean it is right.  However, you also don't have a buy a thing.  Nobody is forcing you to, I just think in fairness to the entire game community you should have the offer to buy anything and everything offered.

I really wanted the DP offer for a variety of reasons.  Price was fine.  Not sure if I am going after some of these other offers however.  Skipping HB/NF offer.  It would but me at 13+ covers for both, but I am so far in the ISO hole right now I am not worried about it.  I have 5x 4s at 13 covers and 5x 4s at 12 covers.  2 of those at 12 I got the 13th coming (Yondu and Coulson).  So that leaves me 5 more already to champ.  It's gonna be awhile :)

Yeah, I'm fine with it. It is a very strange way of doing business though - I wonder what happens when you get to the top bundle? Maybe you get some Red iso!