It's Us, Deadpool Offer

Options

Comments

• Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2018
    Options

Why isn't there an official announcement about these?  Or something in the sneak peek thread?

We got all those "S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level x Bundle" announcements.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wow. That 40k iso won't go very far...but then if you have by now spent over $200 on these I doubt that is high on your list of concerns. And only 1LT? Crazy.
  • NeonBlue
    NeonBlue Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    edited September 2018
    Options
    They played on my worst trait: fear of regret. I don't want to pay these dumb prices, but I don't know if this is a one-time thing, or if pack chains like this will be a common occurrence. In a month, will I think back to this day and go "damn, I wish I bought that pack"
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    NeonBlue said:
    They played on my worst trait: fear of regret. I don't want to pay these dumb prices, but I don't know if this is a one-time thing, or if pack chains like this will be a common occurrence. In a month, will I think back to this day and go "damn, I wish I bought that pack"
    What you do with your money is not for any of us to judge. All joking aside I feel bad that players buying these aren't getting even more for their support of this game and that the Devs are really stooping this low with what amounts to "You've come this far, do you really wanna stop now?" tactics.
  • NeonBlue
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    NeonBlue said:
    What you do with your money is not for any of us to judge. All joking aside I feel bad that players buying these aren't getting even more for their support of this game and that the Devs are really stooping this low with what amounts to "You've come this far, do you really wanna stop now?" tactics.
    Also, this 3-day timer on each of the packs basically limits participation in this sick game to those with lots of disposable income in a very limited amount of time. I can understand a few hundred dollars over a couple  of paychecks, but not this whole "I hope you have $300 lying around"
  • NeonBlue
    Options
    barrok said:
    NeonBlue said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    NeonBlue said:
    Also, this 3-day timer on each of the packs basically limits participation in this sick game to those with lots of disposable income in a very limited amount of time. I can understand a few hundred dollars over a couple  of paychecks, but not this whole "I hope you have $300 lying around"
    Especially when they claimed they don't want to bombard us with offers....
    They probably thought that, then they remembered how much they love $$$
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    I could be wrong but also pretty much none of these guys are 5* feeders, right? Vulture? Maybe I'm getting cynical but you would have thought that would have been an extra incentive for hundreds of $. Or maybe not.
  • Twomp_thaDJ
    Twomp_thaDJ Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Guess I can tap out now... for $75 I could have bought the Destiny 2 season pass... and I’m sure they have $100 bundle on the horizon... I’ll just wait to get my Deadpool & Legendary Avengers pack n call it a day  :|
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2018
    Options
    I'll just take my slow 4 star farm and 3 star dupe farm progression since I'm a 5 star player now.

Don't need expensive monthly turbo boosts to spend along roster development just for champ levels and lousy 3 star supports.

This is the very definition of predatory sales tactics to me. For the record, not against these bundles, but the implementation is just evil.
  • NeonBlue
    edited September 2018
    Options
    For someone like me who just entered 4* land, these packs combined are like half a year of grind if not more, and allows people to skip the painful transition phase by giving so many strong characters (e.g. Vulture, Iceman, America, RedHulk, Rogue, Jean). That's what makes these packs almost a necessity for certain players.
  • NeonBlue
    Options
    Until today I'd have said the freemium economy to this game is really fair compared to so many others. There's no push to get you to spend money, there's no insane grind that can be easily rectified by spending thousands. It's not even pay to win, since you're matched in PvP against others of your strength anyway.

THIS, however, is manipulative monetisation. Okay offers at first, but the good stuff isn't shown unless you buy that offer. And the offer's for a limited time, making you feel like you need to buy now, NOW DAMMIT, or you'll be missing out! No time to make up your mind, just do it!

But, oh no! This new offer is even better! Can I afford it?

This is really sleazy stuff, honestly. This really does pull on the manipulative side of a freemium economy.
    Agreed. One of the biggest draws of MPQ is that despite it being a F2P mobile game, it never felt like only whales can win. Do you think some of these decisions (chaining the packs so you have to buy them in order) and putting a 3-day time limit is motivated by desperation on the devs part?

Until this year, MPQ has been pretty reserved when it came to handing out a large number of covers (especially 4*s), but now it seems that they're okay with people skipping ahead several months of play to make a quick buck.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,294 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2018
    Options

Why isn't there an official announcement about these?  Or something in the sneak peek thread?

We got all those "S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level x Bundle" announcements.

We also get forum postings of all the Support bundles, and the bundles for Shield Training.

But we never got anything for this.  The devs have hinted that it will be clear later what they are doing.  I dunno.

Megadiluton preceded saved covers. Maybe there's a positive aspect coming at some point.

What I do know is that I really hate the way this current bundle chain is set up.

Edit:  The bundles are, in general, great!  Dilution is awful at this point, and a solid head start option / champ levels on a character is welcome.  Just not like this.

Edit #2:  the Support in the Mutant Mayhem bundle is the Stepford Cuckoos. It helps Emma be slightly less of a bad character.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,710 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is the sort of stuff I was expecting them to pull before pulling down the shutters on the game.

Poor form EA poor form. Opps D3.
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 581 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Oooh, what all is in the Mutant Mayhem pack? I'm simply just curious now...
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    Assuming that was the $75 one.
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 581 Critical Contributor
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    Assuming that was the $75 one.
    Oh yes of course, sorry, i thought we are at teh $99 offer now... Sorry.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    That is all just horrendous money for digital stuff. I'm not even interested in the first offer thats popped up for me. Its all far too expensive for what you are getting.