Missing Daken covers discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Art Flash
    Art Flash Posts: 47
    Options
    Still waiting here as well. I was rank 39 myself in the end, really wanting that cover, but I think things will work out ultimately just not necessarily quickly.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Nerdrage wrote:
    Still no covers.. and you're silence is deafening D3.

A simple, " We're working on it..won't be long"... or "it's complicated..gonna take a few days to sort out'

SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE SAID!

I am shocked they do not have a news splash screen on starting up the app say the covers are delayed as that bit of work is probably going to save support days of work sorting through all the support requests about it even if they spend 1 minute on a canned response for each ticket.

I am sure they have the data of who finished in what position else then not be able to publish the results in the 24 hours after the results ended.

Anyhow for the record I got my Red Wolfie and 2 covers for finishing first in the main bracket but like most - or is it even all - people here still waiting on the alliance reward.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Art Flash wrote:
    Still waiting here as well. I was rank 39 myself in the end, really wanting that cover, but I think things will work out ultimately just not necessarily quickly.
    I have no doubt that things will work out... or they'll have a hellova lot less players if it's not. The point is it's good business practice in the face of massive failures like this to communicate with your player base. Otherwise your player base gets roudy.
  • tbighead21
    tbighead21 Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Options
    This silence from them means they know they really messed up this time. I doubt they can even track who deserves what reward. They screwed up big time and do not know how to give people the rewards they deserve. Not everybody took a screenshot of where they placed. Plus people who did take screenshots can share their pictures with other members. If anybody has a top 10 finish and would like to share feel free to post it up here icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Mrazy
    Mrazy Posts: 46
    Options
    I waited a day before posting, am missing a single cover.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Add me to the list of people who set the alarm and lost hours of sleep for nothing.

I placed 3rd in Oscorp and I've yet to see a single cover.
    Best part: playing on mobile I have nothing to prove my placement. I hope they haven't lost any data
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    For the record:
    7th individual, 112 alliance.

Got my individual rewards about 4 hours after the event ended, no alliance cover yet.

Not bothering to send in a ticket.
    They _must_ be able to automatically send out the alliance covers since _no-one_ got those yet, so there's no chance of double covers.
    If they are not able to do that, well, they have some real issues.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Still awaiting covers,

For the record personal rank of 28
    And alliance rank of 81 or 89

Inverted Look
    Devils brigade
  • Unknown
    Options
    Got the individual reward about 5 h after the event ended. The alliance reward though has never arrived, for neither me or my teammates. Some of them didn't even get their solo rewards...
  • Unknown
    Options
    There are a few things that really concern me about this. Obviously not getting rewards for over 24 hours after event end time is bad enough, but as has been said in countless posts the lack of communication from anybody at D3 or Demiurge is deplorable and totally unforgivable. I do not understand how the allocation of rewards is not an automated procedure immediately at the end of the event, i'm not an IT expert by any means but how hard can it be for the game to see what position you finished and allocate rewards in this day and age, really!

IceIX is usually posting on here in one forum or another every day, now where is he? I do not agree with the people who say they would rather not hear from devs when things go wrong as that means they are fixing it! That is total **** it just shows a complete disregard for their players and we should all be compensated, if not for the technical issues themselves then for being kept un-informed and treated like ****.
  • Unknown
    Options
    to add my 'contribution', 24th in individual, no reward (and no screenshot icon_rolleyes.gif ), alliance in limbo but no reward too. Played at 5.00 am for the final icon_redface.gif

But if they have no records of the results, what can they do :

- Give a booby prize (dont know : 1000 iso + 50 HP + 1 bagman) to everyone : fine for the bottom of the bracket, totally unacceptable for the other

- Give the top 1 prize to everyone : best solution but the "top of the ladder" will still think it's unfair, because they worked hard to be in first places. Not speaking of the "loss" for D3

But I'm not mad at the point that I want my ubër-Daken right now, it's just a game and the sun is shining outside (at least where I live icon_e_biggrin.gif )
  • Kikujiro
    Kikujiro Posts: 157
    Options
    Three days before the event ends I was 996 in my main bracket. That was my fault for joining the first day, did a single mission in the sub and not playing for some reasons until the second sub was at 15-20%. But I managed to finish 11th grinding every node every 12 hours and timing it to allow me to play in the last hour of the event, that was from 5am to 6am as usual. The scaling went through the roof as I was facing a level 74 Classic Daken the first time and a 295 one the last minutes ... so go figure, if I played like a maniac is because I really do care about the Daken covers.

Yesterday I tried to enter the game like 6 or 7 times to get those covers and play Heavy Metal ... connection issues in different forms and shapes. Maybe R53 is out and I must update ? Not on Android. Finally I could join at midnight without a single cover yet and then I realized that I went from 505 points in Heavy Metal to 282 without a single notification and/or retaliation. I was thinking to quit playing but I chilled out because, hey, **** happens.

Now, another 11 hours later, I´m getting angry again. I´m totally fine with those errors as long as they seem to care, but the lack of response signals the opposite. On top of that, imo the game is on a downhill these last months, so I´m waiting to see their resolution and take mine.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Haven't got a single cover yet. Placed 30 in individual, 44 in alliance.

And unrelated, but the alliance chat is totally screwed up for me too, I can only type one letter at a time now.
  • WilsonFisk
    WilsonFisk Posts: 365 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I went to bed a little too early and fell to 38th as a player, but due to the utter screw up in rewards, I think D3 should move the prize tier to top 40 players icon_e_biggrin.gif

But seriously, D3, you are really screwing up icon_evil.gif
  • Unknown
    edited May 2014
    Options
    post deleted. Warning issued for intentional and excessive evading of the profanity filter. - Riggy
  • Unknown
    Options
    I got 8th place and no single reward was given, not iso, not hero points and obviously no cover icon_e_sad.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    there are no single cover incoming from personal or alliance, come on, fix it....
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've received my two covers from my personal ranking (I joined the event pretty early), but haven't received an alliance reward yet either.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I placed 15th and my alliance placed highly enough for a cover as well. No covers received yet.
  • Unknown
    Options
    TropicYeo wrote:
    I think at this point we can expect our Lazy Daken covers not arriving.
    Nah, I'm sure we will eventually get the covers we are due, no need for screenshots. They still have the numbers who placed at which position, along with much more information, even if they don't display the results any more. Usage data is really one of the very last things they'd throw away, there's just too many snazzy charts and diagrams Sales & Marketing expect to be able to magic up from that source.