Heavy Metal (Season 1) May 14-16

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    I got points from a fight, but servers crashed again when I tried to do another.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Surprisingly enough, I made it to 550 without any issues.

I don't think this is going to be a very competitive event.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    pbrownusmc wrote:
    Surprisingly enough, I made it to 550 without any issues.

I don't think this is going to be a very competitive event.
    Quoting so that you may look at this post tomorrow at the same time and weep.

This will turn into the same bloodbath the whole season PVPs have been, don't worry.
  • DD-The-Mighty
    DD-The-Mighty Posts: 350 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Attempted a mini experiment.

I joined the Heavy metal tourney later than i normally would, of late i have been joining asap. 1Day 10hrs, I jump in. I mainly wanted to see if my recent string of nightmare grinder brackets were a result of switching to the early match adoption method Ive been on. After my 1st match the top spot to beat was 100+ pts by a 141+85s holder a few matches and an hour later My top 10 completely changed. top spot was 400pts with a new set of players. Cue the 2 hour checkin mark and i am seeing a completely new set of guys with a point leader of 600 shielded. the last 2 checkins have seen the top 10 fielded with majority 100+ holders. VERY different than the 1st bracket i saw.

I cant say with 100% certainty, but barring a fluke of of players pushing the leaderboard mid-early, i strong believe MMr's are redflagged and you can be moved to other brackets, most likely to "competitive" brackets. I'm mostly trying to see if there's something odd going on or if this is just the way the pvp has progressed. If 700+ is the new standard to achieve top 50 then, that's it i guess.

For informational purposes:
    My roster tops at level 85 3* with only one at 12/13. I have all 2*s except 2, with 3 of them capped and the rest in various states of leveling. I win/lose regularly to capped 85 2stars and the occasion decently covered 2/3star team. So seeing anything 87+ is an automatic retaliation skip. I'm not sure what level that makes me but its no where near top tier but def not entry level. I don't think having a 10 cover 100+ psylock is going to give me any benefit over a cover capped Ares, hence why i don't bother leveling her or some of my other 3 3*s past 85. I may just be stuck in a sore spot.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I'm not exactly sure how they're doing the brackets these days, but I seem to have dodged an ugly one again by joining early.

My top 10 has no one from any of the "power" alliances like X-Men, Shield, Django, 5DV, etc., and my top 10 is currently people in the 600s plus three guys with 700-800.

A quick perusal of the current top-ranking alliances shows a lot of them with guys having 1000+.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Teke184 wrote:
    I'm not exactly sure how they're doing the brackets these days, but I seem to have dodged an ugly one again by joining early.

My top 10 has no one from any of the "power" alliances like X-Men, Shield, Django, 5DV, etc., and my top 10 is currently people in the 600s plus three guys with 700-800.

A quick perusal of the current top-ranking alliances shows a lot of them with guys having 1000+.

I once thought the same thing, but it turned out Nemek (among others) was in my bracket, but just not in the top 10.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Teke184 wrote:

I once thought the same thing, but it turned out Nemek (among others) was in my bracket, but just not in the top 10.
    Most of us prefer to lurk outside of top 10 until starting the climb.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Teke184 wrote:

Be vewwy vewwy quiet... we're hunting Wagnawok!
  • Unknown
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:

And I only know one player that actually starts playing after joining.

His name is Beee. If you see him go hide in a treee.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I can not earn any points in the Heavy Metal PvP. So first we deal with the Oscorp mess and now my season will take a beating cause I can join and earn points in the current pvp. All they do is play the silent card instead of giving a statment of whats going on.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Yeah I just won my first fight and did not get slotted into any bracket. No points awarded.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I can not earn any points in the Heavy Metal PvP. So first we deal with the Oscorp mess and now my season will take a beating cause I can join and earn points in the current pvp. All they do is play the silent card instead of giving a statment of whats going on.

Some form of "The servers are tinykittied up" would be my guess.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I guess I'll just join tomorrow. Let's see what kind of bracket I'll be gently pushed into.
  • Unknown
    Options
    hmm i seem to be getting and losing points but still no reward from the boring PvE

I swear Daken is raging all over the devs with his newfound power. We should send Wolverine in all three forms in to take him out
  • Unknown
    Options
    Won another match and I'm still not able to enter any bracket. Good riddance season one.

The sad thing there won't be any compensation given for stuff like this. They'd rather people just walk away from the game.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    Teke184 wrote:
    I'm seeing people at 600+ in my queue right now, so these players are out there.
    Yeah it's picking up now - and you're in my bracket too.

But I'm slumming down in the 300s in case the servers poop themselves again.
  • TheHueyFreeman
    TheHueyFreeman Posts: 472 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I thought that I waiting the right amount of time when all of a sudden I'm surrounded by shield and xmen as well as 2 of the top 5 from my season bracket.

...the tiniest of kitties!
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Regalis wrote:
    Won another match and I'm still not able to enter any bracket. Good riddance season one.

The sad thing there won't be any compensation given for stuff like this. They'd rather people just walk away from the game.

Have you tried closing out the program completely and restarting it? This happened to me earlier and it fixed itself by restarting the app (not sure equivalent on steam, but I guess just closing it and reopening should do it).
  • Yoxgix
    Yoxgix Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Options
    So glad to see teams loaded with 141's after the seed teams dried up, too bad my highest is a lvl107 Punisher. I can only hope I am not in a "bad" bracket, if I am I will take my 2* cover and move on to the next pvp tourney. If it continues I will use my time elsewhere as I don't need any 2* and not being able to get 3* other than from alliance rewards makes for slow if not impossible 2* to 3* progression.
  • daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I entered my bracket on the first day, but just did a couple of matches. Trying to make a run now. 1st sitting with less than 800. Surprises me.

Edit...make than less than 900. They're climbing looks like