Heavy Metal (Season 1) May 14-16

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Pamizard wrote:
    Well seems like I just have to rely on a loner, since I dont own IM40. Doesn't matter, hopefully I can get my 500-600 points to reach 5000 points for my 10 pack!

How are you in the SHIELD simulator? From my experience you barely get any attacks or retaliations, so you could try getting some more points there and only need to get 300-400 at the Heavy Metal event, where you are more likely to be attacked and lose points.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Pamizard: Don't forget there will be one more Versus event that counts toward season 1. It will start Friday morning/midday.
  • Unknown
    Options
    sup123 wrote:
    Pamizard wrote:
    Well seems like I just have to rely on a loner, since I dont own IM40. Doesn't matter, hopefully I can get my 500-600 points to reach 5000 points for my 10 pack!

How are you in the SHIELD simulator? From my experience you barely get any attacks or retaliations, so you could try getting some more points there and only need to get 300-400 at the Heavy Metal event, where you are more likely to be attacked and lose points.

well i only have 1047 points but the game keeps putting me up against teams I dont think I can do well against. So i tend not to waste iso to skip unless I feel like it.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Dear IceX,

More Ragnorok prizes? really? PUHleeeez.

The only way you could have made the prizes worse for this is if it was more Loki.. these 2 covers have been done to death the last fortnight or so. Please get some Hood in there... or even more Dr Doom but enough with Rags and Loki.
    Even my 10 year old has Rags and Loki covers coming out his ears.

Thanks
  • Unknown
    Options
    I still don't have Rags fully covered, so I'm a little out of sync with everyone and not outraged. It's not like I need Rag covers, but eh. I might go for both if the effort required is low enough. I've been slumming it in the top 100 for the last few events.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Impulse wrote:
    I've been slumming it in the top 100 for the last few events.

Only 900 points eh?

Hah...they need to fix this system...
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Options
    Nerdrage wrote:
    Dear IceX,

The only way you could have made the prizes worse for this is if it was more Loki.. these 2 covers have been done to death the last fortnight or so. Please get some Hood in there... or even more Dr Doom but enough with Rags and Loki.

Thanks

Remember when people Sterling'd their pants over getting a red rags from a diabolical?

Good times.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    I've only had one Rags cover since forever so more would be nice - kinda.
  • Unknown
    Options
    HairyDave wrote:
    That may be the case.. however variety is the spice of life and in the last few weeks Rags has been the prize multiple times, as well as Loki.. whereas the Hood for example has not been sighted in some time..let alone Psylocke or Black Panther. Not saying people don't need Ragnorok...there are lots who no doubt do. My point was that he has been a common prize of late.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I mean it's not like we're asking for L thor or falcon covers (How many tournaments has HT been offered?)
  • Unknown
    Options
    Chimaera wrote:
    Impulse wrote:
    I've been slumming it in the top 100 for the last few events.

Only 900 points eh?

Hah...they need to fix this system...

700ish, i think. I did get some crazy brackets, but the last two were a little calmer, at least on the mid range. Still moving up in the season rankings too, I think people are burning out.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Well this is getting increasingly more **** as the days go by. Last pvp start with all two stars no big deal that much but now it's lvl 185 IM40 and lvl 141 from the start this is just too much for me. Going to have a hard time with this event
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    demiser951 wrote:
    Well this is getting increasingly more **** as the days go by. Last pvp start with all two stars no big deal that much but now it's lvl 185 IM40 and lvl 141 from the start this is just too much for me. Going to have a hard time with this event
    Welcome to MMR hell, where most of us have been since three tourneys ago.
    Notice the booming silence from the devs everytime someone asks if the MMR formula has been tweaked.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    demiser951 wrote:
    Notice the booming silence from the devs everytime someone asks if the MMR formula has been tweaked.

well, for those of us that DIDN'T manage MMR (ie never tanked) it's been like that for months, so i'm assuming the nuked the benefits of retreating or losing on MMR (i guess). it is nice having more than 5 targets in my list now though.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Kelbris wrote:
    Nerdrage wrote:
    Dear IceX,

Thanks

Remember when people Sterling'd their pants over getting a red rags from a diabolical?

Good times.

Go whatever team is playing the clippers (thunder atm)...that said, despite clearly being a racist and a bigot, the guy got a pretty raw deal. Karma, but still raw.

And yea, its funny to think. The same feeling will be there with Spiderman now. The push for those rag covers is something the game might never see again (well, depending, fury might be similar...we will have to see). Golden age of Mpq probably. We are in the ...silver or bronze age? Yea I don't really know what correlated to what in comics go give the best example lol.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bloodwars wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    demiser951 wrote:

well, for those of us that DIDN'T manage MMR (ie never tanked) it's been like that for months, so i'm assuming the nuked the benefits of retreating or losing on MMR (i guess). it is nice having more than 5 targets in my list now though.
    I'm still having that, once you get into a 'band' where you keep getting hit, the MM still gets stuck with 5 people. It's just that if you're able to find people at much higher points in that group, you're able to jump into a new band
  • morgh
    morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It's actually pretty idiotic that your MMR can only rise now... it has to be the first game where your MMR does not drop whatever the hell happens icon_e_wink.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    I'm finding this tourney a bit leisurely compared to the last few tinykitty-shows.

I'm slowly chugging away to 600 and have gotten hit so far and I didn't wake up to a -200 gang **** this morning.

I guess me not giving a damn whether I finish in the top 10 helps, as I don't need any green Rags covers... just red ones.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Teke184 wrote:
    I'm finding this tourney a bit leisurely compared to the last few tinykitty-shows.

I'm slowly chugging away to 600 and have gotten hit so far and I didn't wake up to a -200 gang tinykitty this morning.

I guess me not giving a damn whether I finish in the top 10 helps, as I don't need any green Rags covers... just red ones.
    I think 90% of the population hasn't even started.
    I know _I_ need a break after that Heroic, even if it's just a day.
    The thought of chugging through the 10k health of maxed buffed IM40 isn't too enticing right now after slogging through level 180+ Dark Avengers for a week.
  • franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Nerdrage wrote:
    HairyDave wrote:
    That may be the case.. however variety is the spice of life and in the last few weeks Rags has been the prize multiple times, as well as Loki.. whereas the Hood for example has not been sighted in some time..let alone Psylocke or Black Panther. Not saying people don't need Ragnorok...there are lots who no doubt do. My point was that he has been a common prize of late.
    really nice sig....