Heavy Metal (Season 1) May 14-16

Hey kids! Iron man says: lead in your system can be fatal.

Would love to see a buff to both IM35 and IM40 in this one icon_e_smile.gif

Rags rewards sigh icon_e_sad.gif Are the devs trying to get us to hate the game?

Player reward
1. Yellow IW plus previous rewards
2-5. Red and Green Rags 3000 iso 100 hp
6-10. Red and Green Rags 2500 iso 100 hp
11-25. Red Rags 2500 iso 100 hp
26-50. Red Rags 1500 iso 50 hp
51-100. Black moonstone 1500 iso 50 hp
101-150. Black moonstone 1000 iso 50 hp
151-200. Black moonstone 500 iso
201-500. Participation rewards

Alliance rewards
1-2. Green Rags 2000 iso 250 hp
3-50. Green rags 2000 iso 100 hp
51-100. Green rags 2000 iso 50 hp
101-250. 1500 iso 50 hp
251-500. 1000 iso 50 hp
501-1000. 500 iso 50 hp
1001-1750. 250 iso 50 hp
1751-2500. 200 iso 50 hp
2501-10000. Participation rewards

Comments

• Would love to see a buff to both IM35 and IM40 in this one icon_e_smile.gif

We may actually see that... the previous IM40 tourney was called Double Shot, so having one with a different name may end up being a combo 35/40 tourney or a 35 tourney.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Urk...

Both my Iron Men are level 30 so I may not do so well in this one.
  • morgh
    morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor
    Like having a maxed featured hero is so important icon_e_wink.gif
    It does help, but it's nothing that you need to be worried about if you have 2 good other heroes...
  • HairyDave wrote:
    Urk...

Both my Iron Men are level 30 so I may not do so well in this one.

Just make sure you join very late. People that have strong heros in a given event tend to play in the first few days in order to grind up ISO/reward or out of boredom.

Plus, that late in the event, you will be able to find many more opponents that have low-leveled IM40's.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    morgh wrote:
    Like having a maxed featured hero is so important icon_e_wink.gif
    It does help, but it's nothing that you need to be worried about if you have 2 good other heroes...
    Well, a maxed buffed IM40 has a gazillion health, so he'll matter a lot more than a maxed say Loki.
    Might get you some skips at least.
    Of course almost nothing matters besides Patch/CMags.
  • Teke184 wrote:
    Would love to see a buff to both IM35 and IM40 in this one icon_e_smile.gif

We may actually see that... the previous IM40 tourney was called Double Shot, so having one with a different name may end up being a combo 35/40 tourney or a 35 tourney.

Double Shot was a back-to-back event over 5 days. I figure the new name is because this will be a single 2.5 day event.
    I'd bet a lot of money on 1* IM not being buffed.
  • morgh
    I would be extremely surprised if they buffed the 1*
  • hhmm, ya i was expecting to have other rules or stuffs. Like someone mentioned above, iron man40 pvp is double shot. So this heavy metal sounds new to us. PErhaps its something like master of magnetism whereby u played 1 stage to get a (guaranteed 1* ironman ? and both iron mans are buffed ?), then proceed ?
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, if they cared about multi buffs they would have done the combo tournament, rather than the rags one and yet another god of lies
  • Psylocke reward maybe? Considering both Patch and IM40 were buffed in the PvE event.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    sup123 wrote:
    Psylocke reward maybe? Considering both Patch and IM40 were buffed in the PvE event.
    It'll end after the PvE though, won't it?
  • morgh
    Lazy Daken maybe? ^_^

(BTW - we aint discussing LRs? I could swear one of moderators was actually tanking them!)
  • Unknown
    edited May 2014
    Great, now I will have the theme song from "Heavy Metal" stuck in my head for the next four days...

EDIT: Also, if Demiurge DOESN'T make Lazy Daken the award for this tournament, we will know that they are entirely tone deaf.

EDIT 2: I said the opposite thing on accident. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • wathombe wrote:
    EDIT: Also, if Demiurge does make Lazy Daken the award for this tournament, we will know that they are entirely tone deaf.

So you're saying they're definitely going to do it?
  • I don't have IM40 yet but if both are buffed that would be interesting since I still have IM35
  • Copps
    Copps Posts: 333 Mover and Shaker
    I'm going to almost guarantee it's im40 only. They have definitely gotten into the habit of pure buffed hero plus two tounraments eve since what was it the da tournament. It's actually getting a. Little tiresome. Throw us a one star oar avengers or da tourney sometime to change things up. Even a divine champions one would be a pleasant change.
  • Copps wrote:
    I'm going to almost guarantee it's im40 only. They have definitely gotten into the habit of pure buffed hero plus two tounraments eve since what was it the da tournament. It's actually getting a. Little tiresome. Throw us a one star oar avengers or da tourney sometime to change things up. Even a divine champions one would be a pleasant change.

I wouldn't mind a Divine Champions one. Especially since I actually have a bunch now... and they're well leveled. icon_razz.gif
  • Honestly I would love to see the 1* buffed and I dont even have him it would just be a refreshing and weird change of pace one which newer players would love and veterans would relish the opportunity to slap them around lol.
  • user311
    user311 Posts: 482 Mover and Shaker
    I think this one is going to be interesting to see how the AI plays IM40. Most of us will really rely on the Yellow ability, but the AI might use the others and waste AP. It tends to horde a bit for other characters. Would it prefer a low AP like CMags or wait until it has 14 or so for IM40? Would be cool if we had a thread that listed how the AI plays.
  • FierceKiwi
    FierceKiwi Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    user311 wrote:
    I think this one is going to be interesting to see how the AI plays IM40. Most of us will really rely on the Yellow ability, but the AI might use the others and waste AP. It tends to horde a bit for other characters. Would it prefer a low AP like CMags or wait until it has 14 or so for IM40? Would be cool if we had a thread that listed how the AI plays.

As near as I've ever been able to tell the AI will use an ability almost as soon as it has the AP for it so it will almost always prefer a cheaper skill to a more expensive one (the rare case where it will use the more expensive one is when it gets a crazy cascade and can afford the more expensive one) this made the Rags tourney fun since you could exploit it while fighting LT teams since the AI would obsessively use Godlike Power instead of waiting for Call The Storm.