Heavy Metal (Season 1) May 14-16

Options

Comments

• TheHueyFreeman
    TheHueyFreeman Posts: 472 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Teke184 wrote:
    And considering how things have been run lately, I wouldn't be surprised if they were intentionally farking with us at this point.

I honestly think they are doing a sociological experiment to see whether doing well in season 1 trumps wanting to tank/skip due to bad rewards. It would be evil on their part but I truly think they are testing us and guaging if we play.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    scottee wrote:
    I could see Lazy Daken being the reward for the last Season 1 PVP. Double incentive the last day, fighting for both Lazy Daken and Fury.
    Yeah, we definitely need to step up the competition the last two days, the last 3 weeks have been so _boring_ and low scoring!
  • Unknown
    Options
    Moghwyn wrote:
    wathombe wrote:
    "Let's put a bunch if players 8000 points in the hole for getting out most exciting new cover in a while, THEN, instead of offering that cover in the immediately following tourney like we often do, let's give them the most worthless 3* cover in the game! It'll be hilarious!"
    "Don't you think we might be missing out on sales if we make those new coveted covers available so soon?" "Yeah, good point, let's pick some other cover as reward. Which one has gotten the least sales the past few months?"

Quite the contrary. I imagine the people upset by missing out on a blue cover (thanks to Demiurge's monumental ****-up) might buy a blue cover to catch up after picking up a first from a PvP award.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    scottee wrote:
    I could see Lazy Daken being the reward for the last Season 1 PVP. Double incentive the last day, fighting for both Lazy Daken and Fury.
    Yeah, we definitely need to step up the competition the last two days, the last 3 weeks have been so _boring_ and low scoring!

Seriously. I'm expecting the last day of the Shield Simulator to be a tiny kitty fest.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Yay, rags. I have no intention of chasing after more of his covers except what windfalls I might get through tokens which means... getting 300 points for this one so the alliance stays in 50 HP land and calling it quits. Niiiice icon_e_biggrin.gif

If there's a DA event I'll be screwed anyway, with only two playable, so... who cares.
  • Unknown
    Options
    rag again ? I am not complaining anything here. I would love to have rag covers as well. But they like keep reusing same rewards over and over. PErhaps that's season 1. And we may have other covers rotating for season 2 (psy, bp, ht, etc etc...). Then again, i foresee another krakadoom event coming up next.... Who knows....
  • franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    Options
    it smells "bad is good" next.. fat daken as a reward.. like this, those who invest in fat daken gonna have the upper hand.. rag/ares/fatdaken are gonna kick ****..
  • Unknown
    Options
    I was kinda hoping for something better than Ragnarok. But hey, if I can get in the Top 10 of this one, I'll have my Rags up to 3/3. That's something, I suppose. My main goal for this is just to get the 450 points I need to get to 5000 in Season 1. Should be doable.
    it smells "bad is good" next.. fat daken as a reward.. like this, those who invest in fat daken gonna have the upper hand.. rag/ares/fatdaken are gonna kick ****..

I was honestly wondering if, in a DA tournament, new Daken would work? Was only curious because last time, it was ONLY characters with "Dark Avengers" in their title. I guess we'll see.

And I started the last Dark Avengers PVP event with only 2 characters. I think Ares and Daken. Now I've got all of 'em, I think. So I'd at least have a choice. icon_razz.gif
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    Ah, Rags rewards.

D3 has finally figured out a way to make people actually kinda wish for Daredevil cover rewards. Brilliant.
  • kaepamerica7
    Options
    A little dramatic bud "trying to get us to hate the game" i doubt it. It is disappointing * Iron Man isn't playable but this is a free game afterall

***TEAM FREE***
  • Unknown
    Options
    HailMary wrote:
    Ah, Rags rewards.

D3 has finally figured out a way to make people actually kinda wish for Daredevil cover rewards. Brilliant.

Now now, it hasn't gotten THAT bad. Rags has his uses.... I just can't think of them right now... icon_e_confused.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    RichHurtz wrote:
    Now now, it hasn't gotten THAT bad. Rags has his uses.... I just can't think of them right now... icon_e_confused.gif
    He hasn't got a third color yet, so I guess he's good at keeping us hoping for improvements.
  • Unknown
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Yey, Rag covers. Who else is excited? You? You kind sir? Or maybe you hot girl in the back? No one? Really? OK, I'll stop pretending. Rags/Loki/Doom and now rags again. Really? And this comes from someone with a 3/3 Ragnarok. At least they could give them the ability they miss to make them useful.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Okay. I got an IM40 Yellow cover way back when I first started playing this game, but I sold it because I wasn't getting more covers for him and I needed the space. Now I've got my 1/1/0 Lv18 IM40 thanks to the Loki event. Should I just go with the same strategy I always use for PvP events? Which is pretty much have OBW and MStorm and stick to Desert?
  • Unknown
    Options
    FIrst PvP event where my only usable cover (green) comes from top 10 or alliances, neither of which I expect to get. I guess it's time to hit the SHIELD simulator and see if the 800-900 from this event would make any difference in Season 1 standings.
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    The Loki pvp was the least I've played a pvp lately...this one may be worse.
  • Unknown
    Options
    A little dramatic bud "trying to get us to hate the game" i doubt it. It is disappointing * Iron Man isn't playable but this is a free game afterall

***TEAM FREE***

Except it's not a free game. That's an asanine rationalization. If no one paid, the game would not continue. The problem several of us have is that there seems to have been a determination that players will continue to push despite the repeatedly awful rewards due to the season. Sure, it makes sense for them to sprinkle in the least popular covers, but they've cranked the insult up to 11 at this point.
  • KaioShinDE
    KaioShinDE Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    At this point they HAVE to do it on purpose. They can't accidentally make people more and more angry with each new event. Statistics tell us that this must be deliberate at this point.

I hope you all realize you are rats in a skinner box and they are taking notes on how long you'll push the red button in the hopes for food scraps.

It's not even hard! It's a stupid standard PvP tourney. There are 15 characters to pick as prices that would have made people happy or at least not angrier. But no, they deliberately pick one of the worst rewards possible. Again, after it was just up two weeks ago.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Im betting that all these rags and loki covers are there for a potential new villain centric pve event... Starring the new villain that is just about to be released and the ridiculous amount of rags/loki covers that were getting... Or i could be completely wrong and all this is doing is leading up to another ares-fest da tournament or another dumb rags tournament. Well see in a couple of days, dont let me down demiurge!
  • Unknown
    Options
    Well seems like I just have to rely on a loner, since I dont own IM40. Doesn't matter, hopefully I can get my 500-600 points to reach 5000 points for my 10 pack!