Heavy Metal (Season 1) May 14-16

Options

Comments

• daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    I can play, and am getting points, so are other folks in my bracket.
    I'm just about to switch device though, so maybe I'll be locked out in a few as well.

About the same here...at least, it seems normal. Guess we'll find out....eventually....
  • daveomite
    Options
    Come out of a shield, do one match, was hit by two. Retal one, come out of that match, was hit by 4. Retaled again on one match, came out, was hit 6 times. At least 3 of those looked to be by the same person.

15 minutes after coming out of my shield, reshielded at a loss. Priceless.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    daveomite wrote:
    Come out of a shield, do one match, was hit by two. Retal one, come out of that match, was hit by 4. Retaled again on one match, came out, was hit 6 times. At least 3 of those looked to be by the same person.

Cut off one Retal, 2 more take it's place!
  • Arogntbastrd
    Arogntbastrd Posts: 1,009 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    daveomite wrote:

Qtquazar and I have a trademark on this practice sir. We call it shield dropping. However the ace of blades will gladly allow you to be an authorized user as long as you continue doing it as well as us icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • daveomite
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    daveomite wrote:

Cut off one Retal, 2 more take it's place!

yeah...seems that way sometimes doesn't it? Like someone putting water on a gremlin.
  • daveomite
    Options
    daveomite wrote:

Qtquazar and I have a trademark on this practice sir. We call it shield dropping. However the ace of blades will gladly allow you to be an authorized user as long as you continue doing it as well as us icon_e_biggrin.gif

oh wait...I had heard you guys had trademarked pants dropping! Doh! I didn't realize it was shield dropping. Lol. Please share your wisdom, jedi master!

Seriously though, normally, I drop a shield, do a match, maybe two, the shield back up for retals. Tonight though, I had decided to stick it out a little loner due to all the issues earlier today, just to get a few more points. Didn't go so well obviously, lol.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    And expert-mode is to break shield and lose a couple of matches while getting hit - compound the point loss!
  • franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    I can play, and am getting points, so are other folks in my bracket.
    I'm just about to switch device though, so maybe I'll be locked out in a few as well.
    Heeey.. it seems i'm in your bracket.. finally this tourney is gonna be way more interesting than i thought it'd be..
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Don't do it bowgentle! It's a trap! And not a useless one like daredevil's!

Bazinga
    Well, it worked.

Went over 1100 for a second, got hit for 30, shielded.
    Took about a minute to show my shield on the leaderboard. No idea if any more hits will be incoming.

I think I'm done, there's only so much random **** I am willing to put up with for Rags rewards and season scores.

Almost no targets over 1000, let alone 1100. And died to Slobofix for the second time in two days. Sad.

Sorry, I know I hit someone with a maxed Torch at least three times, but there really was almost no-one else. Well, except Polkio, but I didn't find him again.

Edit:
    Heeey.. it seems i'm in your bracket.. finally this tourney is gonna be way more interesting than i thought it'd be..
    Nah, I'm done basically, unless I get pushed out of Top 10.
  • franckynight
    Options
    @bowgentle i got you in my queue.. if you're out for the event, i keep your node for when i unshield..
  • franckynight
    Options
    btw.. i can't wait for this spidey nerf.. only teams that retal have max spidey.. its gonna cut a lot of my shield expenses when ppl dont have this crutch anymore...
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    btw.. i can't wait for this spidey nerf.. only teams that retal have max spidey.. its gonna cut a lot of my shield expenses when ppl dont have this crutch anymore...
    I've started to attack specifically people with Spideys on my climb.
    Hitting them for 40 is just so satisfying and nobody retals for 10 points icon_e_biggrin.gif

And hit away whenever you like, if I play at all it will be near the 8 hour mark.
  • Unknown
    Options
    was considering climbing up tonight and shielding then remembered I don't have HP from oscorp so I can't shield :s
  • Unknown
    Options
    +11, why you be hating Spoit?
  • daveomite
    Options
    Fyi...If anyone sees me in a node, feel free. I'm shielded another 7 hours or so. Not a high point target I'm sure though..sitting over 800. My goal is 10 million, so, I'll have a lot of grinding to do tomorrow.
  • Unknown
    Options
    +11, why you be hating Spoit?

Unless it was on purpose..then...thank you kindly.
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    daveomite wrote:
    My goal is 10 million, so, I'll have a lot of grinding to do tomorrow.
    Yeah, no kidding icon_e_wink.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    at 857 points but only in 18th, and the events not even close to over yet really :s don't really want to waste HP on a 24 hour shield so gonna have to make another climb in 8 hours so I can just do an 8 hour shield.
  • Unknown
    Options
    i fought up to about 850ish last night i think, went to bed with no shield. woke up to losing around 160 pts. and no events even listed in events page. so i can't even play a little this morning to start a new climb.

all this on top of not getting my dakens for placing 4th in my bracket. what a messed up couple of days. come guys, fix your **** or give us a heads up. take the game down for a hour or 2 if needed. just get it running right.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Oletheos wrote:
    i fought up to about 850ish last night i think, went to bed with no shield. woke up to losing around 160 pts. and no events even listed in events page. so i can't even play a little this morning to start a new climb.

all this on top of not getting my dakens for placing 4th in my bracket. what a messed up couple of days. come guys, fix your **** or give us a heads up. take the game down for a hour or 2 if needed. just get it running right.
    the events are there for me right now, strange that they aren't for you.