Fight for Wakanda... again... already?

Options

Comments

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. So just to clarify, the major concerns players have with the Fight for Wakanda event are the Exploding Tiles and the Dark Avenger/Ultron Minions combination of enemies? Is that correct?
    Nope.  Major issues, at least to me:

1) Tiles are not neutral.  Either make them absolutely neutral or make them enemy so our players can deal with them if they have the right powers.

2) Animations take forever to resolve.  Specifically round 2, but all of them take so long to get through that it is completely boring.

3) Exploding Tiles help the enemy gain tiles on exploding.  That is complete **** if they are neutral.
  • Jwallyr
    Jwallyr Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. So just to clarify, the major concerns players have with the Fight for Wakanda event are the Exploding Tiles and the Dark Avenger/Ultron Minions combination of enemies? Is that correct?
    It's not just the exploding tiles, all of the hazards are annoying. The least annoying tile is the one that has an equal chance to stun enemies, but it still boils down to another way for RNG to screw the player over.

The combinations of Dark Avengers (who many are tired of seeing) with Ultron minions that generate tiles that synergize with Daken (for instance) are annoying, and all of the non-Ultron minions are single-color, slow-but-heavy-damage ability users, so they are not easily countered by the usual methods (Dr Strange) and can single-handedly make a match unusually costly.

The pacing of this event is just really unrelenting. Other than the 3 easy nodes that are essentially trivial, every node has one or more tile movers (usually 2 or 3), often DAs scaled up to the point where their numbers seem to break, and then aligned with Ultron minions that feed them AP even if you stun the normal tile movers and whose passive effects are just more attrition on the player. It's just a long, grinding slog for most of the subs.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quebbster said:
    Brigby said:
    The Royal Shield is no picnic either since matches tend to drag out when the enemy suddenly gets a lot of powerful protect tiles. But it gets worse since there are Ultron Drones there too.
    If you wait until the event is over I am sure there will be complaints about all the environment tiles.
    This is the one I hate most. The exploding tiles are crazy annoying but the Royal Shield's turn matches into slow boring, horrendous experiences. There is nothing at all enjoyable about this. Nothing. Not. One. Thing. 
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Also adding the shield tiles are the least neutral thing in this mode.

They give you pethetic protect tiles each turn, but when they resolve it steals ALL protect tiles and gives them to the enemy with no way to get them back.

So in this version, Nico spends a few turn buffing those tiles since I have more protect tiles than the enemy....and then that countdown I couldn't match flips them all and suddenly the enemy has half a dozen strength 300+ protect tiles. Fun.
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm going to enjoy a nice 4 day vacation from pve, every time this event is up.  It's simply no fun.  I played the single match against kingpin and called it a day
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They give you pethetic protect tiles each turn, but when they resolve it steals ALL protect tiles and gives them to the enemy with no way to get them back.

Medusa. Sub 2 is her playground. Even when she's not boosted. Enemy protect tiles? AP packs. Friendlies? Health packs. 10 purple = board shake, steal & buff some of those protect tiles. Bring a blue+green user and go to town.
  • Heartbreaksoup
    Heartbreaksoup Posts: 352 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Day 2 probably annoys me more than Day 1. That loaner node on the 2nd day is ridiculous. Nico boosts the protect tiles, then they get switched and you cant do any damage. Its farcical. 

There are no words for how much I hate this event. 
    I mentioned on the forums last time that I was trying out each of my underused heroes in this event at a low difficulty setting, and that Nico was more of a detriment than an asset to my team.  I said that I'd never again use Nico in the Royal Palace, and they went and made her a requirement.   So if anybody wants to blame me for opening my big mouth, feel free.  :):smiley:
  • marshall
    marshall Posts: 179 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Ha, don't worry, Nico was twice the required character on that event already!

Someone on LINE had it right, this is Kraven's time to shine!
  • gibbojab
    gibbojab Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I know how to make the tiles truly neutral; have them countdown on both players turn and enemies turn. Tiles drop with different countdowns already so just make some odd aome even and it has the possibility for the unneutral cascade to benefit either team. 
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thanks to Nico buffing the shields to ungodly levels, I had to use a Whales Team Up to get through the Loaner Node.  If you're going to have a required 4-star, how about Venom?

Heartbreaksoup said:
    Day 2 probably annoys me more than Day 1. That loaner node on the 2nd day is ridiculous. Nico boosts the protect tiles, then they get switched and you cant do any damage. Its farcical. 

There are no words for how much I hate this event. 
    I mentioned on the forums last time that I was trying out each of my underused heroes in this event at a low difficulty setting, and that Nico was more of a detriment than an asset to my team.  I said that I'd never again use Nico in the Royal Palace, and they went and made her a requirement.   So if anybody wants to blame me for opening my big mouth, feel free.  :):smiley:
    They've already decided the next one will be Falcap.  ;)

• The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Brigby what a nice change would be is making the yellow loaner node a 1 time only clear. From a competitive side, you have to clear this a total of 4 times.  1 to start and 3 at end.  Since this node is a 6/6 and the XP were removed from pve nodes, I do not know how many people clear this 6/6.  I know all that I play with do not. They don’t care about the 200 missing Iso.  In fact I should do a poll on this.  I do think a lot of these loaner yellow nodes should be a 1/1 and locked.  No point to do it more. 
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Thanks everyone for providing your feedback! I've gone ahead and compiled all that info, and sent it over to the team for review.
    Thanks for being our voice to the powers at be in MPQ. Much appreciated. Hopefully they listen so we can actually enjoy their efforts at making a new event and not dread it when it comes around again. 
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Brigby said:
    1st Issue Exploding Tiles
    2nd Ultron Minions/Dark avengers
    3rd Poor choice of boosted characters

If they could fix these points; it will be much better.
    Thank you for considering 
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Medusa. Sub 2 is her playground. Even when she's not boosted. Enemy protect tiles? AP packs. Friendlies? Health packs. 10 purple = board shake, steal & buff some of those protect tiles. Bring a blue+green user and go to town.
    Which is useless for the loaner node where you have no choice in who you use.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    True. So get through the loaner once and move on with your day. If you're the T10 / T5 ultra-competitive type and just have to grind out that loaner node, well. I'm sorry. Dunno what else to tell you.
  • jym010
    jym010 Posts: 108 Tile Toppler
    Options
    These royal shield hazards are by far the worst.  Especially with nico boosting I am getting so frustrated with the slog.
  • Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Making the matches longer doesn't make it more challenging (I'm looking at you Royal Shields). Got pushed out of T10 because I had to abandon so many games because the defense tiles were so bad that even Ares's Onslaught was doing only 1 damage. 

Just remove the hazard tiles already. It's bad enough we have to waste seconds watching Ultron bots swarming and cascading the board and wasting a additional seconds with the attack tiles animation at every end of enemy's turns.