Fight for Wakanda... again... already?

Options

Comments

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,288 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's not that it's hard.  I actually wish it were hard.  It is just so annoying and takes a long time.  The tiles are annoying.  Waiting for the tiles to do their thing is annoying.  The tiles actually resolving is annoying.  There's more waiting than anything else.  And, yes that is with the animations off.

It's not even "puzzley" since none of our characters can really affect the tiles.  It's just a bunch of waiting and surviving what happens.  Not my idea of fun but if others like it, more power to them.
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It's not that it's hard.  I actually wish it were hard.  It is just so annoying and takes a long time.  The tiles are annoying.  Waiting for the tiles to do their thing is annoying.  The tiles actually resolving is annoying.  There's more waiting than anything else.  And, yes that is with the animations off.

It's not even "puzzley" since none of our characters can really affect the tiles.  It's just a bunch of waiting and surviving what happens.  Not my idea of fun but if others like it, more power to them.
    Some of the characters consider the tiles 'enemy tiles'. If you run 3* Hawkguy, matching the countdown tiles procs his No Good News passive.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,306 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It is certainly early to run FFW again (only a month since last time).  In general, the developers run events that were longest ago run, so I think marshall is right in that they are running it because of the Black Panther Blu-ray.

In terms of running Meet Rocket and Groot a lot, it is one of the events that they have set up to run as either a 3 or 4 day event.  Those are:

Unstable Iso-8
    Hearts of Darkness
    Webbed Wonder
    Meet Rocket & Groot
    The Hunt

Note that the 4 day Hunt variant hasn't run since last August, probably because the Hunt in general is unpopular with its middle sub and the 4 day version is even less popular.

I suspect, but do not know, that the developers consider the 3/4 variant as separate events.  So that explains a little why we get Meet Rocket and Groot more often, although we haven't seen the 3 day version since December.

I think these customizable events also get run more often because they allow flexibility around other set length events.  Here are the set length events:

Strange Sights (3 days)
    Simulator (3 days)
    Honor Among Thieves (4 days)
    Venom Bomb (4 days)
    Deadpool vs MPQ (4 days)

I personally believe that the 7 day events in general are less popular, and/or that they lose players as the event rolls along.  Some drop when they hit progression or their goal for the event (a lot of players are happy with the 4* covers) and some probably drop when they mess up a sub and throttle back their efforts.  I think it's hard for a lot of players to maintain the schedule for a full 7 day event.  So that might explain why we get them so rarely at this point.

Just for fun, here are the 7 day events and when last run:
    Prodigal Sun (2/26/18)
    Enemy of the State (12/28/17)
    The Hulk (11/23/17)
    Iso-8 Brotherhood (9/14/17)
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The first sub is the only truly bad one, with those wretched bombs. The second sub is actually wicked fun with so many weak protect tiles on the board; bring 3* Hawkeye, 4* Medusa, etc. and go to town. The third & fourth aren't particularly bothersome.

This event is why I've held off selling my 266 3* Panther, even though his replacement his built & I've a cover in queue for him. Those 3500 ISO nodes are nothing to sneeze at and my 4* Panther isn't ready for those.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bowgentle said:
    Could be worse, we could be meeting Rocket and Groot again.
    I would rather meet Rocked and Groot every day for a year than play the idiotic Wakanda missions even once.

At least the second sub event's hardest nodes are all minions, making them speedier. and the hardest node in the third sub event has a weak doombot so Thanos can mop up quick.

My fave's still Pridogal Sun though.
  • Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,129 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I cannot believe the love for the Gauntlet. Along with Simulator as the most painful thing to play against. 

I don't mind FFW but we probably could do with a new event. Maybe something around Infinity War....  >:) 
  • roberts_2
    roberts_2 Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Options
    FFW reiteration makes the event boring. "Again?, meh" was the most commun on my alliance.

7 days events are long to play but i think they could stay with another pve at same time as (missing) gauntlet does.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bowgentle said:
    I would rather meet Rocked and Groot every day for a year than play the idiotic Wakanda missions even once.

At least the second sub event's hardest nodes are all minions, making them speedier. and the hardest node in the third sub event has a weak doombot so Thanos can mop up quick.

Absolutely agree on Prodigal Sun. I loved it when they ran that a little while back, having not seen it for so long. 
  • OneLungDave
    OneLungDave Posts: 72 Match Maker
    Options
    I posted a poll after it was announced that FFW was running for the second time, asking which event was worse: FFW or whatever the Venom/Carnage one is titled. 
    I got crucified for even suggesting FFW was a bad event. 
    I must have been ahead of my time. 
  • 0_Fahrenheit
    0_Fahrenheit Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I wonder why they don’t split the 7 days events in two.
    2 of them 4days+3days and the other 2 with 3days+4days.
    To me it’s so logic.
    Hope they are working on it.
  • Jexman
    Jexman Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Options
    The most absurd thing about this game to me, and there are a lot of absurd things, is how few PVEs there are. I was shocked back in year 1 when they started repeating---how hard could it be to make new ones, given how weak the plots are anyway? And now look where we are.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Man I LOVE 7 day Events!!!  The rewards are awesome.  I am not being sarcastic either.  I really do like them.  Would like them to run it now since Tapping is dead. 

As for Wakanda, hey at least that was in Infinity Wars so a tiny bit of a tie in.  
  • Talestummy
    Talestummy Posts: 66 Match Maker
    Options
    I love 7 day events too. Wish they’d them again soon
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Options
    Bowgentle said:

Absolutely agree on Prodigal Sun. I loved it when they ran that a little while back, having not seen it for so long. 
    Least favourite is The Hulk by faaarrrrr.

7 days of Daken, Bullseye, Moonstone and Ares. And then half way through you have to chew through Juggernaut's health bar. It gets really dull really fast.
  • NotBAMF
    NotBAMF Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I absolutely DESPISE FFW. And it's not ENTIRELY the special tiles (though they help nothing), it's the Dark Avengers + Ultronbots combo. 

I'm dropping to SCL6 for this for ease of my sanity. The 4* reward is a blue Nico, and min is 5/4/2, so I won't be missing that at all; I've already sold 3-4 blue Nicos in my time. 

The 7 day events are fine. Enemy of The State is one of my favorite. Prodigal Sun is fine. Not a fan of Hulk at all, but eh. 

I'd rather play ANYTHING than FFW, though. 

I posted a poll after it was announced that FFW was running for the second time, asking which event was worse: FFW or whatever the Venom/Carnage one is titled. 
    I got crucified for even suggesting FFW was a bad event. 
    I must have been ahead of my time. 
    There was HUGE backlash against FFW when it was first played, and then I think we got some token hipster pushback to just how much people hated it because... whyever. I don't know. Some people just have to devil's advocate.

I think the easy majority opinion is that it's ****, though. 
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Options
    I remember my own two main issues with the event the first time around was it had three loaner nodes that needed to all be completed on the final day as well as the not-neutral environment tiles that kept giving cascade AP to the enemy team.

Worse was when we had them when fighting 4* Carol in PvP and each environmental tile going off boosted their special tiles...but not ours.
  • UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 401 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Scofie said:
    I cannot believe the love for the Gauntlet. Along with Simulator as the most painful thing to play against. 

I don't mind FFW but we probably could do with a new event. Maybe something around Infinity War....  >:) 
    The Gauntlet allowed people to play for a week without having to worry about grinding or placement.  Three years ago, when there were only a dozen or so 4*s, getting a 4* as the final prize was a big deal. 

I remember a Gauntlet about 3-4 months after Infinity War, when the prize was a Hulkbuster cover.  That Gauntlet allowed me to max my first 4* to 270 (this was a few months before champing existed). 

Back then, the Gauntlet prizes were amazing.  But then ISO rewards were corrected to be more in line with our needs - literally everywhere else but the Gauntlet.  It became a serious step backwards in ISO/HP/token flow. 

People have been asking for an updated Gauntlet for a long time.  At some point when there's a large window between license tie-ins, running a revamped Gauntlet with huge red-ISO rewards and a 5* final cover prize for higher SCLs would be absolutely amazing.

/And while I'm at it, I'll also wish for peace in the Middle East, a pony, and 5* Gambit getting balanced.
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Running a guantlet during an alliancec event would help allevite the iso shortage during those times.