Fight for Wakanda... again... already?

Options

Comments

• Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    Options
    My favorite 7 day event is Enemy Of The State because of all the Vault tokens it provides and it's fun overall. My least favorite 7 day event is the Hulk one. Oh God where to begin. First fighting Dark Avengers is already so boring since we fight them so much in PVE and now add Juggernaut and Hulk to it. If it isn't their inflated Health its the fact that for a long event there are no extra tokens given in the missions themselves. It's just a boring slog of an event that is just a grind and not fun. Fight For Wakanda falls into the Dark Avengers curse again and then add supposed to be "Neutral" annoying tiles to it and it becomes a boring Health Pack depleting non fun event. I would love to see some 7 day event soon though. It's been a while.
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2018
    Options
    But look on the bright side.  Well be getting extra Ragnarok covers, as he's the required 3-star.

Wait...that's not a bright side, is it?
    It actually is for me, as I'll be able to maxchamp him, and sell him off to rebuild when I get one more cover :smile:   I need the iso to put towards champing Nico.
  • Yeaheah
    Yeaheah Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Options
    For me, it may not even be the dark avengers, Ultron bots or environmental tiles but the fact that you have to play every match around 5 times to get full progression. 

I guess making matches more challenging is a good thing in a puzzle game, it's the combination with being 'forced' to play a lot of those matches that makes it frustrating and tedious.

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Do what I do. Don't play this event. Take a couple days off from PvE. Don't worry - the grind will still be there when you get back.
  • Twomp_thaDJ
    Twomp_thaDJ Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Options
    madoctor said:
    It’s Wakanda forever!!

Not Wakanda for sometimes!!
    So Wakanda forever forever?
    Ever ever... *Andre 3000 voice*
  • kk3thess
    kk3thess Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    Options
    It says something that I did my initial optimal clears 12 hours after the event began and was still able to get #4 while I normally would sit at #30. People don't put the effort to play Fight For Wakanda and not because it's hard, but because it's boring as hell.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Day 2 probably annoys me more than Day 1. That loaner node on the 2nd day is ridiculous. Nico boosts the protect tiles, then they get switched and you cant do any damage. Its farcical. 

There are no words for how much I hate this event. 
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Day 2 probably annoys me more than Day 1. That loaner node on the 2nd day is ridiculous. Nico boosts the protect tiles, then they get switched and you cant do any damage. Its farcical. 

There are no words for how much I hate this event. 
    I noticed the same thing in the loaner node and the 4* essential node. I would use her powers to create the tiles and then they would be switched over for the enemy all boosted. This event is just annoyingly boring and frustrating. Not fun at all. Don't even get me started on the same old Dark Avengers.
  • TeamStewie
    TeamStewie Posts: 357 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'll take the Dark Avengers any day over sentries :(
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    We rarely get 7 day events anymore.  And let’s not mention the last time the gauntlet was run.
    The end of April and the release of Infinity War was the perfect time for them to run a special version of the Gauntlet. It could have run for seven days and be called, naturally, Infinity Gauntlet. Each day could have given you a chance for a different prize (one for each six stones, and one final battle against 5* Thanos). It's a shame they didn't think about anything like this. Ah well, maybe for the DVD release...
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Hi Everyone. So just to clarify, the major concerns players have with the Fight for Wakanda event are the Exploding Tiles and the Dark Avenger/Ultron Minions combination of enemies? Is that correct?
  • kk3thess
    kk3thess Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. So just to clarify, the major concerns players have with the Fight for Wakanda event are the Exploding Tiles and the Dark Avenger/Ultron Minions combination of enemies? Is that correct?
    And Nico being an essential. In day 2 she's basically on the enemy team.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    The Royal Shield is no picnic either since matches tend to drag out when the enemy suddenly gets a lot of powerful protect tiles. But it gets worse since there are Ultron Drones there too.
    If you wait until the event is over I am sure there will be complaints about all the environment tiles.
  • jym010
    jym010 Posts: 108 Tile Toppler
    Options
    How about a gauntlet?  Its been a while...
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Throw in Hazard tiles expiring and causing cascades and ap gains for only the enemy team as well... Oh wait, I think it's linked to Exploding Tech as well. I think FfW is going to get nerfed. 

As for 2nd sub, there are a number of characters that can deal with protect tiles. 

4*: Peggy, Jean Grey, Kraven, Riri, Sandman, Spider-Woman, War Machine, Vulture

3*: Captain Marvel, Loki, Dr Ock, Daredevil and more

The Dev could pair up Loki with Nico next time for the Join Forces node, if they are going with Nico again. I think some of the players would be slightly happier. As for 2*, Captain America could be a good choice, depending on your point of view.
  • cgrubb80
    cgrubb80 Posts: 109 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I am enjoying the break, just playing this one casually.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,194 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Throw in Hazard tiles expiring and causing cascades and ap gains for only the enemy team as well... Oh wait, I think it's linked to Exploding Tech as well. I think FfW is going to get nerfed. 

Complaining got Venom Bomb nerfed, so there's always hope.  Remember when VB was so painful, they just decided to take a power away from Carnage and neuter Venom as well.  But, for everything positive that happens, we get a Kingpin "buff" that only helps the enemy with their AP generating minions and countdowns... 
  • NotBAMF
    NotBAMF Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Brigby said:

The tiles are negligible to me (though it is beyond annoying that they claim to be neutral, but any resulting cascades ALWAYS hurt the player), but BY GOD YES, I can't stand the Dark Avengers/Ultronbots combos. If there were more goon nodes (or just easier, less tedious and repetitive foes in general), I wouldn't mind this PVE nearly as much.

• furbear00000
    furbear00000 Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Options
    @Brigby Reiterating what tanis3303 stated:

My issue with this event are the “neutral” tiles. Everything else is fine. To solve the problem and make these truly neutral, they need to resolve on alternating turns, not just the enemy’s. 

Right now: we get pounded by an explosive tile for 3k+ damage, a cascade happens that damages us further, the enemy then gains AP and then uses their powers to demolish us - all within the same turn. 

So so just make these tiles resolve on anyone’s turn, not make them so one-sided. 

I hope thats clear. Thank you for helping us by looking into this.