Fight for Wakanda... again... already?

Options

Comments

• Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Options
    All the people dropping down remember lots of people live in those CL and your 5 star rosters are taking bread right out of their mouths.
  • TeamStewie
    TeamStewie Posts: 357 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The only reason for this event is that they probably noticed a drop in health pack sales. 
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The irrational hate every time the newest event is run is always entertaining.
  • furbear00000
    furbear00000 Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    The irrational hate every time the newest event is run is always entertaining.
    What’s so irrational about it? You enjoy being hit for thousands of damage before the enemy team even gets to act?
  • furbear00000
    furbear00000 Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Options
    People here aren't trying to make things better, they just want to complain, so nothing useful will come of these threads beyond providing entertainment for those of us who don't see the same need to be grumpy about everything.
    I’m only here to complain. I’ve made suggestions in the appropriate places after this event was run the first time. I thought my ideas were actually a good solution to the neutral tile issue. But my idea was completely ignored and died without any sort of acknowledgement from anyone. 

So again, I’m just here to gripe. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If you posted in the suggestion forum, at the top of the thread, it says "Your suggestions and Feedback are being read". Inside the thread, it also says
    Please know that while we cannot offer a direct response to each post - we value your feedback and take everything written here into consideration.

As for FfW, the first run of the first sub was a hard hitter. My roster were pretty much dead after all 4 clears. I was playing SCL 7 with about 10 to 15 champed 3* at that time. I also remember that someone created a thread saying that Quake is useless or something to that effect before FfW was revealed. Talk about coincidence.  :dizzy:

Anyway, FfW isn't that difficult. I have already expected that they would be running FfW due to release of Okoye. But FfW came early by one event?

• jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don't mind the event so much.  It would have been nice if Nico wasn't essential again.  She makes the shield hazard tiles a lot more painful by buffing them up before they inevitably get flipped when you miss a countdown.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I don't have anything on the vine and I don't really care about nico so I'm skipping this event entirely. Play a little PvP and just enjoy a break.
  • The_A_Train
    The_A_Train Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    Options
    It’s Wakanda forever!!

Not Wakanda for sometimes!!
    It's something to be cherished and remembered, not cheapened by excessive use of the event. For this reason they should only run Fight for Wakanda in the middle if Nevruary.
  • The_A_Train
    The_A_Train Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I'd be happy if they ran Strange Sights this often, though. Let's push for that!
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,710 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I like the first day. I run Daredevil luckily and he spams  strike tiles from damage taken and heals right back up. I can see it being annoying otherwise. I don’t even bother matching the damage tiles, I use them to my advantage.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tony Foot said:
    I like the first day. I run Daredevil luckily and he spams  strike tiles from damage taken and heals right back up. I can see it being annoying otherwise. I don’t even bother matching the damage tiles, I use them to my advantage.

Yeah, Daredevil is extra awesome in Wakanda. Haven't used him yet as my newly champed Ghost Rider chews through Everything anyway, but I suppose it is only a matter of time...
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    When they first ran this event, there were some issues that people were trying to find out what was to happen since the discreption on what D3/Demi built was not happing in game.  

Issues with first run:

-Even though the Vibranium tiles were to be neutral, they acted as the opposing teams tiles.  They only did damage to you, not them. They fixed this for next run. 

-Loaner Nodes- We all were asking for info on these since we didn’t have any info. At the end of the event you had to grind out 3 loaner nodes. That was way to much.  They fixed this for next run. 

-I know I am forgetting something. 

So yes, people complained because the language that they used when they build this event did not fit what was happening in game.  So should we not talk about it?  Stay quite?  At least these issues were fixed for the next run and tbh it was a lot better.   Personally I have no issues with this pve, at least it is a new event and not the same ones over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. 
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Another benefit of the KABOOM tiles - If you've got 5-star Thor, it takes almost no time at all for his passive to start triggering.  After going through each of the essential nodes four times (2-5 star), my Thor is down to about 7000 health, down from his max of about 54K (Time to full health - 20 hours, 40 minutes).  Strange is down about 25K health as well.
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Options
    We rarely get 7 day events anymore.  And let’s not mention the last time the gauntlet was run.
    My sources say it's been over a year. I miss Gauntlet so very much.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,294 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    Options
     I’m just going to say that anyone who thinks the game should stress puzzle solving over speed should be singing high praises of FFW.  You can’t say it’s easy or fast.

I suppose I don’t mind it, but Nico!  Stop buffing the tinykitty protect tiles (at least for sub 2)!
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Another benefit of the KABOOM tiles - If you've got 5-star Thor, it takes almost no time at all for his passive to start triggering.  After going through each of the essential nodes four times (2-5 star), my Thor is down to about 7000 health, down from his max of about 54K (Time to full health - 20 hours, 40 minutes).  Strange is down about 25K health as well.

I started my Thor at half Health. Paired with my newly maxed Ghost Rider and America Chavez, it was very rare the explosions had time to go off Before I won the match.
  • waywreth
    waywreth Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It’s a bad sign when I am yearning for the return of Venom Bomb. 

That at said I really like Enemy of the State and wish it was run more. 
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The freaking Nico gateway node took longer than it did to do all four clears of the trivials.  

Let's stop pretending the stupid subatomic feline hazards are "neutral".  Give us back the ability to manage them as enemy tiles (Invisible Woman, Doctor Octopus, Drax, etc.).