Fight for Wakanda... again... already?

123457»

Comments

• The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just found out that the Random Stuns can affect invisible Characters.  And if they're stunned, they're no longer invisible.  Does the fun ever stop?  
    No it doesn’t. 
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    Just finished my final clear of the last sub. Thank god thats all over. 

See you all again, for another moan, in 4 weeks time. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,245 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    Just finished my final clear of the last sub. Thank god thats all over. 

See you all again, for another moan, in 4 weeks time. 
    I hope it’s at least 4 weeks. It’s probably scheduled for 2 weeks from now for our next new release.
  • KC_Hammer
    KC_Hammer Posts: 84 Match Maker
    Personally I like this event as it is. It's a challenge which I find fun. This time the boosted list was pretty bad which made me drop a scl. Though it did make me appreciate my recently champed kraven. 
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor

The "Neutral" tiles also don't trigger either of Medusa's passives if you match them.  Any ideas why they don't trigger hers, but do trigger Doc Ock's?

Medusa's passive specifies attack, strike, or protect tiles.  The neutral tiles are countdowns, so there is no reason for them to trigger her passive.
  • Reecoh
    Reecoh Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    I will also pile on that this event as currently implemented is pretty miserable overall. I don't find them particularly hard at this point, but neither are they in any way better than the normal matches.

While I would prefer that they just go away, if they really feel the need to have them then I would suggest a couple of tweaks that might make them a bit more interesting.

- Get rid of the "neutrality" and have them drop for each side and resolve on each side's turn, and only affect the opposing team (but keep them from interacting with characters or powers like normal count down tiles, so no boosting 4* Cpt. Marvel, etc.).

- Have all of the tile types available to drop on all 4 days, so you get a mix of them all. 

I feel like these would make things a lot less repetitive. I mean, if you are going to add some chaos into the battles then let's go all in. 
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Reecoh said:
     - Have all of the tile types available to drop on all 4 days, so you get a mix of them all. 

I don't think this would be a good thing.  Sure it adds to the variety, but imagine having to click on every hazard tile to figure out which to get rid of.  Shields and exploding tech every day would lead to a lot more rage quit.  Or worse, apathy... Also, it would add so much more time to clearing.  Considering they said they were looking out for the players quality of life (but then added 5th clear for progression), adding more time to finish your clears would lead to less players playing.  
  • furbear00000
    furbear00000 Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Reecoh said:
    I don’t think you thought this one through enough. Please reconsider. 
  • TeamStewie
    TeamStewie Posts: 357 Mover and Shaker
    I didn't even clear all my loaner nodes and still got T10. The hate is real.
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    I think the first 2 days are the ones that people find displeasing, because for me the last 2 days are not bad at all. It feels like a normal PVE story event at that point. Those first 2 days make all the matches feel long boring and frustrating.
  • MrKasady
    MrKasady Posts: 74 Match Maker
    I'd forgotten that the "Neutral" tiles counting against you when 3-star Doc Ock matches them in the 5-star required node.  He turns them into rather nasty attack tiles if their team matches them.  Yuck.
    "Neutral" tiles that not only generate cascades and free AP for them but ALSO trigger Doc Ock's passive?

Who at Demi should I kiss for making this event perfect? /s

Seriously, on my first play of the 5* node, and Doc Ock gets a massive cascade that matches numerous "neutral" tiles and ends his teams' first turn with about 8 attack tiles. This HAS to get fixed next time.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,246 Chairperson of the Boards
    It also wouldn't be so bad if the countdown wasn't so short.  As it is, you have no chance to actually really "puzzle" your way out of it.  Since they go off quickly and since there are no players that can really affect them, it is a simply a matter of luck and hoping you can match them away in 1 turn or just survive the damage.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    It also wouldn't be so bad if the countdown wasn't so short.  As it is, you have no chance to actually really "puzzle" your way out of it.  Since they go off quickly and since there are no players that can really affect them, it is a simply a matter of luck and hoping you can match them away in 1 turn or just survive the damage.
    Also, especially with the Shield hazards, there shouldn't be more than one countdown on the board at any time.  Either that or have the tiles flip only the shields they create.  
  • Rockwell75
    Rockwell75 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    madoctor said:
    madoctor said:
    I like this PvE. The hazard tiles could probably use a slight rebalance, but in general I like this being a tough one. Doing CL9 with a level 255 one cover GR is a challenge and I am yet to wipe on a match. Done 7 clears on all the sub events till now

Who do you use as your 2nd and 3rd on the 5* essential?
    5*DD and 5*Thor. It was fairly simple. I even did a few clears with Nico DD, buffing the strike tiles into oblivion
    Ok I was just checking in case there was some magical combination of 4s I was missing out on.
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    I've had to push hard on the last sub to try to reach max progression, as the first three days are slow and tricky, with all the exploding tiles, Ultron Sentries and the rest. The last sub is by far the easiest and most enjoyable to play.

Cleared all the final day's nodes four times this morning, hopefully there are still at least 9k points available so I can get those CP.
    Managed to get full progression in the end. Stopped at 75014  :)
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    After FfW, playing Venom bomb is actually enjoyable. I'm not sure if that's a positive result or not.