Fight for Wakanda... again... already?

Options

Comments

• zeroswitch
    zeroswitch Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Chiming in with "gads the enviormental tiles combined with Ultron minions are absolutely awful to play against".   I used my 3 boosted heroes and am still getting destroyed.   2 with 15000 health and Robbie with 30000 health, and because of tiles + ultron I'm basically losing to the board exploding and cascading.   Last night I just gave up before even finishing one clear. 

(Someone mentioned using Medusa; but not everyone has specific 4 star heroes, especially newer players).  
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. So just to clarify, the major concerns players have with the Fight for Wakanda event are the Exploding Tiles and the Dark Avenger/Ultron Minions combination of enemies? Is that correct?
    The problem with Exploding Tiles (and all of the FfW hazards) is that they have a high spawn rate, and the designation as "neutral" removes most of the player's direct tools for neutralizing countdowns (Jean Grey, Invisible Woman, etc.).  Royal Shield tiles are especially not neutral, since they provide two turns of protection before turning into escalating protection for the enemy team (and make protect-based characters like Cage or Sandman into traitors).

What's worse, the random chance of appearance actually punishes you for making "good moves".  If your goal is to create cascades so you can do damage and collect AP, you're just increasing the potential number of hazards you're going to have to deal with.  I've suggested before that either the number of hazards on the board at one time be capped, or that new countdowns get placed with longer countdown periods based on the number of hazards already present on the board to offset the spamming.  

Everyone hates Dark Avengers for one of two reasons: a) they're ubiquitous and therefore just boring opponents b) their abilities are ridiculously cheap and relatively damaging in terms of AP (they're also cheap in terms of "not cool, Moonstone").  Ultrons exacerbate this by providing multiple rounds of board shake during the AI turn, which generally results in cascade's worth of AP for the enemy team while also flooding the board with specials (which often leads to heals and criticals for the other team).
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,290 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They really need to bring the 7 day events, gauntlet and heroics back as playing the same 5 events over and over in PvE is getting terribly boring. You don't have to run 7 day events and heroics a lot but throw one in every fourth event. Also run the gauntlet during team events so that there is something else available while you are waiting for 8 hour refreshes that only take 15 minutes to clear.
  • tph_james
    tph_james Posts: 197 Tile Toppler
    Options
    My personal view is the sentry fighters are worse than dark avengers. They are significantly making all the event they are in more annoying. Sentry fighters always get ridiculous cascades and generate tons of AP. Ares onslaught me on their first turn is stupid.
    I want to call for a SENTRY FIGHTER NERF! 
  • Heartbreaksoup
    Heartbreaksoup Posts: 352 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Warbringa said:
    Also run the gauntlet during team events so that there is something else available while you are waiting for 8 hour refreshes that only take 15 minutes to clear.
    I think the gauntlet must have been before my time, but I'm in favor of this.  The Galactus event is coming up again, meaning short bursts of gaming and long, long stretches with nothing to do in MPQ again.
  • Rockwell75
    Rockwell75 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I hate hate hate hate this event.  It's as though whoever designed it has absolutely no concept of the single most important attribute of a good game, ie,, it should be fun.  EVERYTHING about this event comes off as though it was scientifically calculated to be as annoying as humanly possible.  It's single handedly making me hate this game.  What could the motivation possibly be...to make new events so annoying that people are forced to shell out money to get supports designed to make said events bearable?  
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I see they are still being too tight to give us a 4th 3500 iso battle with the loaner node. No change their then. 
  • A_McB
    A_McB Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Is it just me, or does this event seem leveled a little too hard. Maybe one if the characters is too high, or the hazard is too aggressive. Just seems to take twice as long to play this one.
  • twistmonkey
    twistmonkey Posts: 79 Match Maker
    Options
    Hats off to the devs for making this the least fun event in the game. Considering they've got so many PVE events under their belts, you'd have thought they'd have learned a thing or two. Alas...
  • roberts_2
    roberts_2 Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Put Kraven with a tank and let the sentry bots/Ultron teams dies with Kraven purple passive. Logan reccommended as tank but mockingbird also works fine with the enemy cascades.
  • BumpoTheClown
    BumpoTheClown Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Options
    marshall said:
    Ha, don't worry, Nico was twice the required character on that event already!

Someone on LINE had it right, this is Kraven's time to shine!
    Everything's coming up Milhouse!

• Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    A McB said:
    Is it just me, or does this event seem leveled a little too hard. Maybe one if the characters is too high, or the hazard is too aggressive. Just seems to take twice as long to play this one.
    Its all the hazard tiles either slowing the matches down via taking away the power of your attacks or taking an age to resolve. Enemy levels are no different. 

Its exactly why I hate the event. It takes so much longer to do clears. 
  • Rockwell75
    Options
    Considering they've got so many PVE events under their belts, you'd have thought they'd have learned a thing or two.
    That's why I'm starting to think that they made it this way on purpose so as to compel people to chase the supports.
  • madoctor
    madoctor Posts: 292 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I like this PvE. The hazard tiles could probably use a slight rebalance, but in general I like this being a tough one. Doing CL9 with a level 255 one cover GR is a challenge and I am yet to wipe on a match. Done 7 clears on all the sub events till now
  • Rockwell75
    Options
    madoctor said:
    I like this PvE. The hazard tiles could probably use a slight rebalance, but in general I like this being a tough one. Doing CL9 with a level 255 one cover GR is a challenge and I am yet to wipe on a match. Done 7 clears on all the sub events till now

Who do you use as your 2nd and 3rd on the 5* essential?
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just wanna add my thanks to @Brigby for taking the time to read the gripes and pass feedback to the devs. Hopefully subsequent runs of Wakanda won't be so tedious

It's not like we didn't give the same feedback regarding hazard tiles and enemy compositions back in February when this first ran.

Of course that was only 3 months reaction time, so naturally there wasn't enough time to fix it, on Demi's glacial timeline.

Rest assured, the feedback will be ignored again.
  • madoctor
    madoctor Posts: 292 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    madoctor said:

Who do you use as your 2nd and 3rd on the 5* essential?
    5*DD and 5*Thor. It was fairly simple. I even did a few clears with Nico DD, buffing the strike tiles into oblivion
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    Options
    A McB said:
    Its all the hazard tiles either slowing the matches down via taking away the power of your attacks or taking an age to resolve. Enemy levels are no different. 

Its exactly why I hate the event. It takes so much longer to do clears. 
    I'd forgotten that the "Neutral" tiles counting against you when 3-star Doc Ock matches them in the 5-star required node.  He turns them into rather nasty attack tiles if their team matches them.  Yuck.

Edit - And on the "bright" side, my 5-star Thor took so much damage from cascades, attack tiles from Doc Ock, and Muscle strike tiles from Kingpin's yellow (and AOE from his black), that his passive activated in the second playthrough of that node.

Edit #2 - The "Neutral" tiles also don't trigger either of Medusa's passives if you match them.  Any ideas why they don't trigger hers, but do trigger Doc Ock's?
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I've had to push hard on the last sub to try to reach max progression, as the first three days are slow and tricky, with all the exploding tiles, Ultron Sentries and the rest. The last sub is by far the easiest and most enjoyable to play.

Cleared all the final day's nodes four times this morning, hopefully there are still at least 9k points available so I can get those CP.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Just found out that the Random Stuns can affect invisible Characters.  And if they're stunned, they're no longer invisible.  Does the fun ever stop?