Reality Stone Season Updates (5/1/18)

Comments

• Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,216 Chairperson of the Boards
    Support development must have cost an arm and a leg.  Development of a new feature should lead to neutral to positive user engagement/satisfaction which then leads to purchases; or it should lead directly to monetization.  

In the case of the former, this has so far failed as seen by this forum.  Usually the forums opinions are skewed by vets, but I can't see how this really does anything for new players.  It's an "oh shiny shiny must have..." with no way of getting it for them.

In the case of the latter, there's RISO store.  Regardless of if you feel it's worth spending real money on iso/hp, at least there's a way for you to buy them.  

tl;dr I share everyone's confusion as to what the ____ is going on...

I really think they should choose a sampling of players based on # days playing, amount spent, roster strength, etc and have them discuss with the development team to brainstorm how to get out of this hole and what other ideas can be conceived.  I know this forum has a lot of great ideas, but between the convoluted mess that is this forum and the surveys that are probably aggregated and not reviewed at length, I think they should implement some sort of feedback system.  I'm sure there are plenty of ppl who would volunteer to just chat for an hr or two to voice opinions and ideas.  

It's not often that something besides a nerf garners this amount of dissatisfaction.  Actually, this is perhaps the most negative set of threads I've seen here.  That should tell D3 something...

**gets off my old man soapbox**
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sm0keyJ0e said:

This is what ruins Christmas for children: they ask for something for months and months, and there is no indication whether they will or will not get it, and then lo and behold, they get something completely different and are disappointed. And the parents don't understand why--they spent all this time and money to buy this thing! Why are the kids unhappy?

Just a profound disconnect... I don't get it.
    kind of like how our MPQ Christmas was last year..
  • Waddles_Pines
    Sm0keyJ0e said:

Just a profound disconnect... I don't get it.
    kind of like how our MPQ Christmas was last year..
    Kind of like how easy would it have been for them to rerun Thanos DDQ and have support tokens and RISO be the prizes.  The tokens they're giving now are appreciated, but feel like an afterthought.  Like they were trying to use a cup of water to put out a dumpster fire.  

Although free stuff is great in general, they really missed a chance at the converting some people.  User engagement from earning support prizes in a "simple" event such as Thanos DDQ would have generated more positive support than just giving stuff that seems like a random "oh we messed up, here's a standard token for your troubles".  We're conditioned by this game to see free stuff as either something given out during a Marvel event or a holiday, or an admission something went wrong.  SInce there really wasn't any IW content, these freebies feel more like something went wrong.
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    I'm sorry, but I won't be going out of my way to get supports or red iso. If I earn some on the way to getting other things, then so be it, but they won't be a priority. I hope they eventually release a means to convert red iso to regular (and vice versa), as I will then convert all my red iso to purple, which I am far more interested in as levelling and champing my 4*s are my priority.
  • thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 557 Critical Contributor
    Stepping away and coming back its crazy to see how spoiled the MPQ community is. Well at least on this board....Supports aren't game changing and are a new feature of course it won't be readily available to everyone. Its weird to think people actually thought this.

At this point its just a novelty item, and should be treated as such. 

I'm sure once they add it to pvp there will be more ways to obtain them
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 728 Critical Contributor

Bueller.... Buelller.... Buelller.... paging @Demiurge_Will @Brigby @anyone... is there any chance of any discussion on this?  The silence is deafening and has been since that initial flurry of responses in the support announcement thread that was welcomed.  

Supports have been more or less dead since arrival, and now even those who tried to optimistically approach them realize that was futile. 

There continues to be a multitude of sensible suggestions that can be found with minimal effort.  All are being ignored for this ill-fated support experiment.

• BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    I'll take the Red Iso. Giving it to us in those areas I don't think surprises anyone, but I suppose they could have gated off Red Iso just as heavily as they are with these Support Tokens so we should be.....grateful? 

In either case, everything below the Red Iso rings hollow. People score ungodly amounts of points in PVP events just to make t50 for the season, and I've seen people in first place hit triple or quadruple progression. A ranking wall for the PVP season is basically just a dressed up paywall. 
  • Waddles_Pines
    Stepping away and coming back its crazy to see how spoiled the MPQ community is. Well at least on this board....Supports aren't game changing and are a new feature of course it won't be readily available to everyone. Its weird to think people actually thought this.

In a vacuum you are correct, but all this ire is due a lot to the fact that it was touted as a big new feature.  They put a lot of time and effort into developing this in the thought that it would be big.  If they said, "hey, we have a new feature coming out next month, hope you like it" or if they said nothing at all, it would have been better than getting our collective hopes up.  I've been playing since environmental tiles included hot dog carts and this is the first time I can remember being disappointed enough to voice my thoughts.  

I know they will add it to pvp eventually, but not looking forward to that (unless it was random like the teamups).  At the end of the day I agree with you that it's currently a novelty.  All this outcry is an emotional response to the difference between expectations and reality.
  • Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    What. A. Joke. Flush the toilet, this is ****
  • thedarkphoenix
    edited May 2018

In a vacuum you are correct, but all this ire is due a lot to the fact that it was touted as a big new feature.  They put a lot of time and effort into developing this in the thought that it would be big.  If they said, "hey, we have a new feature coming out next month, hope you like it" or if they said nothing at all, it would have been better than getting our collective hopes up.  I've been playing since environmental tiles included hot dog carts and this is the first time I can remember being disappointed enough to voice my thoughts.  

I know they will add it to pvp eventually, but not looking forward to that (unless it was random like the teamups).  At the end of the day I agree with you that it's currently a novelty.  All this outcry is an emotional response to the difference between expectations and reality.
    I see, I guess not checking and hanging out on the boards for a few months I had no idea this was some "big feature"  I thought it was much like you mentioned....just a new feature. 

So I guess that's why I'm shocked people are so upset. It's basically just another thing to chase, in the same vein as characters so I knew what to expect out the gate....and with none of it being really strong or OP I just figured I'd get them when I get them.

Now once they hit pvp I think that will shake things up a bit, but as of now. It's like leveling up mini 4 and 5 stars all over again.
  • Waddles_Pines
    PVP season is basically just a dressed up paywall. 
    In my opinion (not inferring how you feel about this) there's nothing wrong with a paywall in this game.  This is the only Match 3 game I can think of where you don't have to watch ads or get lives from random FB ppl.  The whales keep this game afloat, if they lose the "perks" of whaledom, then why would they sink money into the game?  
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    Now I understand why there's no ability to remove a support once attached or sell at will.  They didn't want us to be able remove/sell them out of protest when this came.  They can at least point to metrics and claim people are using them because they attached them to try them out and now cannot remove them...
  • thedarkphoenix

First off, the forum community has *always* been spoiled.  

Secondly, look at any decision that had a negative impact on players (true heal, oml nerf, etc) and you will see plenty of people gnashing teeth.  That isnt them being spoiled, its passion, its fandom, its whatever you want to call it, but it isnt 100% a bad thing, as you imply. 

Lastly, look at other major additions to the game.  Ddq, champing, shield level, etc.  Those forum threads are overwhelmingly positive.  We couldn't thank them enough for cool stuff.  Not only that, but those changes were "readily available to everyone."  

I hate when people act like taking time off from this game gives them a perspective like "I know better because i was able to walk away."  Please.  We stay because care, and we give criticism because we care.  You "stepped away," so if anything, why should they trust your opinion over mine?  I've shown that i stick with it, through thick and thin.  You've shown that you may stop playing at any time.

Never said all that, just saying that outside of this forum most of the interactions or conversations I have about the game are fairly positive. I've been playing the game consistently, just haven't been checking in here I just did today and I was reminded quickly of the over all atmosphere... 

I've played this game literally everyday the last 4 years or so... which is crazy. So I have some history with it. 

• Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Seeing as high-SCL PvP season placement is the most P2WM corner of the game, this announcement should have been titled:

"INFINITY STONES FOR SALE!"

ETSY is like an internet yard sale.

• Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    Hendross said:
    Seeing as high-SCL PvP season placement is the most P2WM corner of the game, this announcement should have been titled:

"INFINITY STONES FOR SALE!"

ETSY is like an internet yard sale.

Are those Gushers candy? I used to love those when I was a kid. Still more interesting than Supports.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,196 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:
    Now I understand why there's no ability to remove a support once attached or sell at will.  They didn't want us to be able remove/sell them out of protest when this came.  They can at least point to metrics and claim people are using them because they attached them to try them out and now cannot remove them...

Can you apply the support to a (1) cover 3 star then delete that cover? I'm going to test it out