Reality Stone Season Updates (5/1/18)

Comments

• stewbacca
    stewbacca Posts: 82 Match Maker
    scottee said:hi
    If they wanted to make the Infinity Stones this rare, they should have gone all the way. Award only ONE of each Infinity Stone in the entire game. Then institute real-time PVP matches, and you have to win it from whoever has it. Then it'd be like the real Marvel universe.

1 in 2000 is seriously not that far off this.

EDIT: And if someone gets all 6 stones, they can delete half the player base.
    i know you are joking, but this would be awesome
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    They needed to create a PvE season to run alongside PvE and have the stones as rewards there, that would have at least made some sense.

Nope I bet the plan will be to release crazy supports like Infinity Stones for placing #1 in a PVE Event. It will be things like Thor's Mjolnir, Cap's Shield, Stark's IM Suit, etc. Let's call them 'Comic Vault' (CV).

Here is the catch.. Infinity Stones Supports won in PVP Season can only be used for PVE and the CV won in PVE Events can only be used in PVP. To balance this, CV will not affect gameplay during battle BUT after battle. CV can grant you % more Iso, % of true health, Higher % chance at rewarded comic cover, Reduce % of Skip Tax, Increase % of Shield Duration, etc.

• Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor

Nope I bet the plan will be to release crazy supports like Infinity Stones for placing #1 in a PVE Event. ...

If so, then I can be sure I'll never have one. I don't have time enough to get there, generally, and when I play enough to be T10-competitive I soon lose interest and don't care enough to get there. That's OK, though, because the process reminds me it's a game. On my phone.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Remember when they updated Gauntlet? Remember when they gave out additional rewards to those who placed first in each section? Remember how dumb we all thought that idea was and how the devs agreed and removed that for every Gauntlet afterwards?

Why do their bad ideas always find a way of returning? Is the company run by George Lucas or something...
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,216 Chairperson of the Boards
    Remember when they updated Gauntlet? Remember when they gave out additional rewards to those who placed first in each section? Remember how dumb we all thought that idea was and how the devs agreed and removed that for every Gauntlet afterwards?

Why do their bad ideas always find a way of returning? Is the company run by George Lucas or something...
    uh oh, my spidey sense is tingling... boss rush 2.0 confirmed  >:)
  • Punisher5784

At this point most players don't even remember Gauntlet, let alone the one time they gave out 10pk rewards for T10.. which I agree was one of their more dumb ideas.

• Punisher5784

uh oh, my spidey sense is tingling... boss rush 2.0 confirmed  >:)

Technically Boss Rush was "You're Supposed to Lose" 2.0.. the first one was the original run of Galactus
  • PenniesForEveryone
    PenniesForEveryone Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    I wonder if Gambit is OP enough to get through Boss Rush?
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ooooo great question.  I still think even with Gambit Thor 1/2 and B.B./other I don’t think he could make it.  PHX was crazy.  
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nope,  Boss rush had turn 1 wipes,  not even Gambit would survive that
  • PenniesForEveryone
    PenniesForEveryone Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    fmftint said:
    You could finish the previous round with an ability though and get the first turn?  Might be possible.  Call me a masochist, but I'd definitely like to give it a try again.......or we can just keep doing all the same old events over and over and over again.

....And maybe get some random new feature that no one wanted or will use thrown in every once in a while too.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    No,  when I say turn 1 I mean you make a move and that's it,  game over,  you don't get a second turn
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hold on you guys. I just thought of a way the release for these Supports and Infinity jewel thingies could be worse... if they cost 1000 HP to inventory, like roster slots.
     :o 
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:
    Hold on you guys. I just thought of a way the release for these Supports and Infinity jewel thingies could be worse... if they cost 1000 HP to inventory, like roster slots.
    Please don't give them any ideas.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:
    I'm already not bothering with supports. If they did that I'd definitely never bother. I'd end up with a massive pile of red ISO that I'd be frustrated I couldn't use to level up a 4* or 5* character I actually want to use.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,196 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wouldn't be so mad about the unobtainable infinity stones if Pvp was a bit more balanced. If I was actually fighting rosters at or around my level atleast if I put enough effort in I might be able to make top placement.

I think a better way to have introduced the infinity stones would have been during a Thanos pve event where you select the difficulty and fight thanos and the black order to take back the stones. The harder the difficulty the better support rewards. Also a vault that only has supports in it. Really push the feature in a positive way and give people an equal chance to earn supports. 
  • Player1575
    Player1575 Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    fmftint said:
    You could finish the previous round with an ability though and get the first turn?  Might be possible.  Call me a masochist, but I'd definitely like to give it a try again.......or we can just keep doing all the same old events over and over and over again.

....And maybe get some random new feature that no one wanted or will use thrown in every once in a while too.
    Let me give you an example of a typical boss rush match
    1. You start the match and the tiles load. 
    2. You make your first match
    3. Phoenix turns half the board red making one or more match 5s for herself. 
    4. Her special passive means your entire team takes 40k aoe damage for every match 5 she makes. 
    5. You die.

The abilities in the original boss rush event were beyond ridiculous. Especially to someone like me who was only in 3* land at the time. I could winfinite my way through a lot of it, but couldn't ever get past the round where Phoenix was the first match. 
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wouldn't be so mad about the unobtainable infinity stones if Pvp was a bit more balanced. If I was actually fighting rosters at or around my level atleast if I put enough effort in I might be able to make top placement.

I think a better way to have introduced the infinity stones would have been during a Thanos pve event where you select the difficulty and fight thanos and the black order to take back the stones. The harder the difficulty the better support rewards. Also a vault that only has supports in it. Really push the feature in a positive way and give people an equal chance to earn supports. 
    Just a small note. Your MMR being improved to a sensible place wouldn't change anything about your chances of top placement. Those coordinating on Line/Discord/etc. will always have the advantage. Gaming the game has clear advantages and it's mostly more covers and CP/LLs.
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    Following up to say that they've now created a system whereby the best chances for success are not to play in PvP until you can jump into a fresh bracket and grind it out against the other nutjobs. Yep, a system that incentivizes not playing for singularly absurd rewards (looking ahead to power gem season) will surely encourage more spending in the game... no wait, it's the opposite!

[insert WarGames quote]