Reality Stone Season Updates (5/1/18)

Comments

• Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    If they read the forum, they have all the feedback they need...

And lol @ mentioning 1* players... and whatever level, you wont find 5 good villains in anyone’s roster
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Supports can only be equipped to 3 star and above, your typical 3 star player barely has hp to keep up with roster slots so not likely to have bought any hfh deals limiting them to the very few free draws they were given 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    They have probably 200 to 500 unique players' feedbacks in the forum, but 500 is probably not even 1% of the total number of players in the game.

They actually posted update related to 1* player in the previous two or three update.  I know a lot of the posters are going to brush those updates off. But it does prove that they are also working on problems or bugs 1* players face. This is another topic for itself. I'm aware that Support can only be attached to 3* characters and above. There are always the few lucky 1* players who got 3* early in the game. So, they are part of the data and they could help one way or another.

There are 22 villains (not including 1* and 2*)  in game and half of them are 3*. There are easily 5 good villains not including 3*: Vulture, Carnage, Thanos, Green Goblin and Red Hulk. If you decide to brush off 3* villains, you still can't change the fact that some of them are still pretty good. Again "good villains" is subjective. It depends on the players' strategies.
  • Smart80
    Just because 99% of the players havent bothered using the forum, ever, doesnt say anything. Not for your cause, not against your cause. That 99% on the forum is against it, does!

Again with the 1* players.. If you play more than 2 days, you are beyond that, arent you? Mentioning that more than once, doesnt help your case.

Since when is Goblin considered good?
    As for 4* villains, you will only use any of them while boosted and the chance of each of those being boosted at same time isnt all that big.

Anyway, i think enough was said on my opinion in this topic. Good luck going up stream..
  • Lystrata
    Lystrata Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2018
    They have probably 200 to 500 unique players' feedbacks in the forum, but 500 is probably not even 1% of the total number of players in the game.

They actually posted update related to 1* player in the previous two or three update.  I know a lot of the posters are going to brush those updates off. But it does prove that they are also working on problems or bugs 1* players face. This is another topic for itself. I'm aware that Support can only be attached to 3* characters and above. There are always the few lucky 1* players who got 3* early in the game. So, they are part of the data and they could help one way or another.
    This might be true, but then you should also acknowledge that many of the forum players have a high level account and a duplicate, lower level account. Myself included. So we can actually look at this feature from two perspectives.

And I'm not seeing many (any) posts reading "Well, this feature sucks for my 5* account, but damn my 3* account is rocking its rank 2, level 12 whatever! That 12 extra match damage has changed game play as I know it!"

Y'know why? Because it hasn't. I don't care who this feature is intended for - the fact we can't do anything with it means it's useless no matter what level you're at. I wouldn't even be annoyed if this was a feature that was miraculously helping newer players - in my view, they need all the help they can get to speed things up a bit.

Supports aren't doing that, though. Which isn't actually the fault of the feature itself. The supports themselves aren't dreadful. But they're so weak, for anyone, that it's like playing with a bunch of 1* abilities randomly attached to better characters. Worse, really. I'd take in a Juggernaut TU over the supports as they currently are, in my rosters on both accounts.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,603 Chairperson of the Boards
    And I'm not seeing many (any) posts reading "Well, this feature sucks for my 5* account, but damn my 3* account is rocking its rank 2, level 12 whatever! That 12 extra match damage has changed game play as I know it!"

Y'know why? Because it hasn't.

Give me a minute, I'll try to dig up the post where I've said exactly that. Because a Rank 2 Wong, even at a very low level, provides a lot of utility to Doctor Strange even when Strange only has a couple covers.

• HoundofShadow
    Whether a character is considered good or not, it's subjective. It doesn't change the fact that that character is a villain. Besides, the 4 villain support (Children of Thanos) was a tie-in with IW. Even if the Devs allowed Children of Thanos to be equipped to Heroes, they will be blasted for making illogical choice. Either way, they are going to take some heat in the forum. 

"many of the forum players have a high level account and a duplicate" 

Define many. Is it 5, 10, 100 or or even 200? They (players in this forum) might have two accounts and they are more likely to be emotionally invested in their higher level account. Their opinion is likely to be negative overall even if they have low level account.  Just because you perceived that support is useless to "we" doesn't mean that it's useless to other players in the game. The fact is the Devs are the one who have actual data on the usage of supports in-game and the only data that you have is from the forum, which again might not even be 1% of the total players. All players at their particular levels look at only things that benefit them, but the Devs look at things as a whole. This difference in perspective can never be changed and as such, players at different stage of their game will feel dissatisfied with each update or new features. 

Lastly, they are going to experiment with more ways of getting support tokens and Riso. Obviously, they are aware that high level players are not getting much benefits from support. Unfortunately, it's going to take time, which is normal. 

• Lystrata
    Lystrata Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2018
    JHawkInc said:
    And I'm not seeing many (any) posts reading "Well, this feature sucks for my 5* account, but damn my 3* account is rocking its rank 2, level 12 whatever! That 12 extra match damage has changed game play as I know it!"

Y'know why? Because it hasn't.

Give me a minute, I'll try to dig up the post where I've said exactly that. Because a Rank 2 Wong, even at a very low level, provides a lot of utility to Doctor Strange even when Strange only has a couple covers.

Awesome. One support (out of how many?) is good with one 3* (out of 47?). I'll retract 'any' and stick with the 'many' point of my previous post, then.  ;)

I wish there were more posts that went that way. I'd genuinely be quite happy if newer players were getting a heap of value from supports. But as with anything else in this game, it's total luck of the draw - and now, placement. Not super ideal.

Anyway, my point was really to not dismiss every forum post as merely representing 0.00001% of the player base. Many people here are looking at the feature from more than a champed Gambit-player perspective. 
  • HoundofShadow
    edited May 2018
    The point is not that the feedbacks in forum are merely a small percentage of the playerbase, but to point out that feedbacks from the forum are part of  the playerbase'. To say that no player asked for this feature or no player benefits from the support feature is false.

Currently there are 18 useable support out of 24. I think 6 was given out initially to all players who have at least 1 3*. Another 6 support tokens were given out in the last few days. All players who have at least 1 3* have a minimum of 6 supports. 

Support are not meant to be used with every single character. The game has characters with various abilities that fall under different strategy of category. Players choose supports and characters based on what their favourite strategies or characters are. If you are only interested in offensive and speed strategy, you will put your support on that few characters.  I don't see the point of saying 1 Support is useable out of X number of characters. Support has been out for about 4 weeks and characters have been churned out for about 4 years. 

Supports, unlike characters, have no issue like wasted covers. The conversion of duplicated covers for Support to Riso is many times higher than characters'.

Higher level players want supports to be useable, which means they need at least 3 specific supports with Rank 3 or higher. I read that 600,000 Riso is needed to level support to max level or 250, which means that if the Devs decided to do something similar to Shield Ranking and Iso-8, about 900k to 1.2 million worth of Riso have to be "given" to the veteran players.  Even then, it's not a guaranteed that all veteran players would be pleased when they decided to impleme this, due to the usefulness of a support is dependent on players' playing styles.
  • Player1575
    Player1575 Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Started off the season by taking 1st place in Spider-Man pvp. Too bad that's only good enough for 20th in season though because s1 doesn't score as high as s4. Guess I'll just be happy with my 2 covers of a sub-par Blonde Widow.
  • CharlieCroker
    CharlieCroker Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Started off the season by taking 1st place in Spider-Man pvp. Too bad that's only good enough for 20th in season though because s1 doesn't score as high as s4. Guess I'll just be happy with my 2 covers of a sub-par Blonde Widow.
    Congratulations on the 1st place.  But last time I checked S1 was outscoring S4 so far this event (obviously may not end up like that but doubt there'll be too much in it) so don't be so bitter so early in the season after a great result.
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Congratulations on the 1st place.  But last time I checked S1 was outscoring S4 so far this event (obviously may not end up like that but doubt there'll be too much in it) so don't be so bitter so early in the season after a great result.
    S1 is already done and s4 has 14h left as of typing this.  S4 will well outscore s1 as usual.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    I hope no one takes this the wrong way, but 4999 players per bracket won’t get a Reality Stone, and 4975 players per bracket won’t get a Support token.  It’s really not worth stressing about IMO.  As far as Support rewards, (guessing at a sub t25 score here) 15000 season total is just as good as 100 pts.

Edit:  Doh!  Fixed numbers.
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    bluewolf said:
    I hope no one takes this the wrong way, but 999 players per bracket won’t get a Reality Stone, and 975 players per bracket won’t get a Support token.  It’s really not worth stressing about IMO.  As far as Support rewards, (guessing at a sub t25 score here) 15000 season total is just as good as 100 pts.

Aren't there 5000 players to a season bracket? So 4999 won't get one?
  • madoctor
    madoctor Posts: 292 Mover and Shaker
    Yeah, maybe the devs are still figuring out what the best reward system for support should be. After thinking a day or two, I am not that mad anymore at the decision to give T1 the stone. Other 4998 players will also be in the same boat as me ( although that is not an excuse for the miserly reward, and not all the 4998 players will be vying for a T1).

Maybe the reward system stays the same, maybe it changes, who knows?
    Maybe if you're able to collect all 6 stones by the time Avengers 4 arrives, they'll release an Infinity Gauntlet support, on which you can equip the stones (equipping support on another support) and when you have all 6 on it, there's a 50% chance you'll insta-win the match at the start of the match? Possibilities are endless 
  • Smart80
    madoctor said:
    Yeah, maybe the devs are still figuring out what the best reward system for support should be. After thinking a day or two, I am not that mad anymore at the decision to give T1 the stone. Other 4998 players will also be in the same boat as me ( although that is not an excuse for the miserly reward, and not all the 4998 players will be vying for a T1).

Maybe the reward system stays the same, maybe it changes, who knows?
    Maybe if you're able to collect all 6 stones by the time Avengers 4 arrives, they'll release an Infinity Gauntlet support, on which you can equip the stones (equipping support on another support) and when you have all 6 on it, there's a 50% chance you'll insta-win the match at the start of the match? Possibilities are endless 
    Yeah, and then you’ll get a cameo in the end credits... 
  • CharlieCroker
    CharlieCroker Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    S1 is already done and s4 has 14h left as of typing this.  S4 will well outscore s1 as usual.
    S1 whales topped out at 2.4 and those in S4 a fraction below that.  Probably due to it being the first event of season, a new release and some suppression.  But you'd likely have been right 9/10 times.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    This game is not only about the 4* and 5* players. 1*, 2* and 3* players do exist in MPQ. Even though they might not get any data from you, it doesn't mean that the rest of many ten thousand players are not generating any data for them as well.
    Thing is, such casual players (and I don't use that term as a pejorative) aren't likely going to obtain any supports and they'll be earning a lot less red ISO than the 4* and 5* players.

As others have mentioned, it's a bizarre launch with supports benefitting the lower end players that can't obtain them, while those who *can* obtain them no longer need them.
    I thought they gave a lot away for free at both launch and in their infinity event. Or was that only cause I’m high enough tier and lower players didn’t get them?
  • HoundofShadow
    edited May 2018
    All players who have at least 1 3* will automatically get 6(?) supports and some Riso. I can't remember the exact number. They also gave out another 6 support tokens this month when you log in to the game. I've gotten 13 out of 18 supports because I didn't include the 6 infinity stones. To quote:
    How do you get Supports?
    Once you get a 3-Star or higher character, Supports will become available to you. At that point, you’ll receive a handful of Supports and some Red Iso-8 to start you off. (If you already have a 3-Star or higher character, you’ll get the initial Supports and Red Iso-8 when you log in to the new build.)

Quote function not as straightforward to use, but thanks for the tips @Smart80