Reality Stone Season Updates (5/1/18)

Comments

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
     We've heard the talk of "We don't want to go on the forum because it's very angry" 
    To be fair, these forums can be a touch toxic. There's a lot of good things going on in these forums too, but I typically stay as far away as possible from threads like this one.

The only reason I'm here is that I was trying to get some clarification on what the tinykitty they're doing with these Support rewards, and now I'm caught-up in the fervor saying, "By Odin's beard, are these developers for real? What are they thinking?"

Even the players that were saying: "be patient, we haven't seen the big picture with Supports yet" are starting to quiet. In fact, I don't think there is a 'big picture' with supports. I feel like we are all hamsters spinning in the developer's wheel as they test how out badly they can roll out a new feature.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hey Brigby, one quick aside, can you let us know if there will be any character rebalances attached to this season (and coming in a separate announcement momentarily) or if those aren't happening until at least next season? I have covers for a few rebalance candidates on the vine and I've been holding off champing or selling any of them until I knew one way or the other. Thanks!
    As of right now, I'm unaware of whether or not there will be any character rebalances attached to this season.
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Dormammu said:
    Even the players that were saying: "be patient, we haven't seen the big picture with Supports yet" are starting to quiet. In fact, I don't think there is a 'big picture' with supports. I feel like we are all hamsters spinning in the developer's wheel as they test how out badly they can roll out a new feature.
    Or how quickly they can connive more revenue out of paying players by rolling out a 1/4-baked, complex, and frivolous new "feature" nobody saw coming, asked for, or sees any real need for.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:
    Hey Brigby, one quick aside, can you let us know if there will be any character rebalances attached to this season (and coming in a separate announcement momentarily) or if those aren't happening until at least next season? I have covers for a few rebalance candidates on the vine and I've been holding off champing or selling any of them until I knew one way or the other. Thanks!
    As of right now, I'm unaware of whether or not there will be any character rebalances attached to this season.
    Thanks Brigby!
  • bloafx69
    bloafx69 Posts: 52 Match Maker
    Omg finally I can stop pulling Mockingbird because MEHulk and Chavez are falling too far behind in levels. Best update ever thanks
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    1. As for the numbers, I'm being pretty conservative about it. It doesn't change the fact that the number of active posters/players in this forum is a small fraction of the total number of players in-game. 

2. This is a game about completion if you choose to take this route. 

3. "It also makes no sense to tie items to pvp rewards that are exclusively for pve at the current time."

It seems like they have something planned for the long term. The sixth stone or season ends in November. 

Let's begin with Infinity Stones. A season last for one month. A PvE usually last for 3 or 4 days. Season has 5000 players per bracket while PvE has 1000 players per bracket. If we are talking about Infinity Stone, they are making it rare, as true to the story as possible, and the current mode that allows this is Versus Season. They could make it top 5 or top 10 and some of you still won't be pleased about it.

Secondly, they mentioned that they are looking to implement it in PvP. Just because it's exclusive to PvE right now doesn't mean that everything related to support has to be given out or fought for only in PvE. 

Thirdly, they did mentioned that they are experimenting with more ways of making support tokens or Riso available in-game and they did fulfill their promise. Support is not equal to Infinity Stones. Support has more than just Infinity Stones. Infinity Stones is part of support. It represents 25% of the number of available support currently. If you choose to focus only on Infinity Stones and completely disregard the fact that support tokens and Riso are made more readily available, then there's nothing much to talk about. And their experiments have not ended yet.

• DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
    Am I seeing this right? Supports, which can only be used in pve, are only rewarded to the top 1% in pvp. This doesn't make any sense but at this point I guess it's just par for the course. I honestly couldn't be any more disappointed with this game lately.
    Let it never be said that development are bad at game design.

They're also bad at balance, logistics, and communication!
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,610 Chairperson of the Boards
    One of the reason this is a bigger deal on the forums is that there are more high level players here (both PVE and PVP). And in all the abilities of all the supports released so far, there's only one ability that makes an impact on 4/5* character play: the Power Stone's perk to fire free abilities.

For champed 4* and 5* characters, pretty much all of the other abilities don't do anything. But that also means the release of the Power Stone into so select few hands will create a disparity between those who can place 1st in a season bracket, and everyone else. That's why 99.98% of the forumites would rather supports not exist with the current implementation. The only way to get Infinity Stones is to be #1 in a season, but that gives 14 players a significant advantage moving forward (and the edge to win subsequent Infinity Stones, at least once they come to PVP).
  • Yoik
    Yoik Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2018

What? Infinity stones? I missed an update

Edit: Ah they are support tokens. Didn't realise. I was excited about something there for a while.

• NewMcG
    NewMcG Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
     At least, top 25 gets an Advanced Support Token per PvP if I interpreted it correctly.
    If you interpret it as "25 per PVP season, and not each PVP event" then yes, you interpret it correctly.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Here's why the infinity stones don't even matter,  the only GREAT perk is at rank 5, rank 5 is unobtainable to EVERYONE, even T1 season pvp
  • Basepuzzler
    Basepuzzler Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    fmftint said:
    Here's why the infinity stones don't even matter,  the only GREAT perk is at rank 5, rank 5 is unobtainable to EVERYONE, even T1 season pvp
    Isn’t the great perk the bonus one?  Available at all levels?
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint said:
    Isn’t the great perk the bonus one?  Available at all levels?
    My mistake,  you're right
  • PenniesForEveryone
    PenniesForEveryone Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    They needed to create a PvE season to run alongside PvE and have the stones as rewards there, that would have at least made some sense.
  • crackninja
    crackninja Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    I wonder if they thought that this would cause a bunch of people to push for the stones.  If so, I don't see that happening seeing as most people instantly realize they have no shot, but another method could have been a win based pvp where you need 2,500 wins in a season to get the stone.  Then we all feel like we could do it, just most wouldn't.
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    I wonder if they thought that this would cause a bunch of people to push for the stones.  If so, I don't see that happening seeing as most people instantly realize they have no shot, but another method could have been a win based pvp where you need 2,500 wins in a season to get the stone.  Then we all feel like we could do it, just most wouldn't.
    I was thinking about this as well. This could all be a business ploy to increase Shield and HP sales. The thing about it is that the people that get Rank 1 for the Season are already high level 5* Champ players who would not find much use for it. Those people already spend money on Health packs, HP, and Shields so it would not really change their spending habits. It will also not increase spending for the non elite players because we all know it would be impossible to get Rank 1 with our current rosters or bank account. It all feels like a decision geared to big spenders or Top Whale players and even they wont benefit much from the Infinity Stones since PVE matches are really fast for them.