Reality Stone Season Updates (5/1/18)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
Hi Everyone,

Here are the updates for the Reality Stone Season that starts this Thursday (5/3/18)

Aesthetic Updates

• The gem in the Season Banner has been updated with the Infinity Stone image

Pack Updates

• Jubilee (Uncanny X-Men) will become a Latest 4-Star character
  • Mockingbird (Bobbi Morse) will become a Vintage 4-Star character

Rewards Updates

Red Iso-8
  • Red Iso-8 has been added to Versus S.H.I.E.L.D. Simulator Progression Rewards
    • Starting at S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level 3, Red Iso-8 has been added at the 225, 1250, and 1850 levels.
  • Red Iso-8 has been added to Versus Season Progression Rewards
    • Starting at S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level 3, Red Iso-8 has been added at the 1100, 2850, and 6250 levels.
  • Red Iso-8 has been added to Versus Season Placement Rewards
    • Starting at S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level 3, Red Iso-8 has been added to all ranks.
  • Red Iso-8 has been added to Alliance Versus Season Placement Rewards
    • Starting at S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level 3, Red Iso-8 has been added to ranks 5000 and higher.
Support Tokens
  • Support tokens have been added to Versus Season Placement Rewards
    • Starting with S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level 3 and higher, Rank 1 players receive an Advanced Support token.
    • At S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance level 9, Ranks 2 - 25 also receive an Advanced Support token.
    • Lower S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels receive a Beginner or Advanced Support token. (See in game for more details)
Infinity Stones
  • Infinity Stones have been added to Placement rewards
    • Starting at S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level 6, players can earn the Infinity Stone of the current season as a Rank 1 reward.
    • The rarity of the stone depends on the S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level you choose. For example, players at S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level 6 receive a 1-Star Infinity Stone and players at S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level 9 receive a 4-Star Infinity Stone.

Comments

• pfarewell
    pfarewell Posts: 53 Match Maker
    No soup for you!
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Also, any character buffs or champion updates for feeders?  

Any more Infinity War tie ins? 

What if you get 26th for the season in SL9, you get no support tokens?    
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jomu5 said:
    Any character rebalances at 3*/4*/5* tier? 

Any reduction to iso cost of championing 4*? Or any increase/multiplier added to iso rewards?
    I think character rebalances are announced in a separate thread prior to the start of the new season, but it's been so long since we've gotten any that I'm no longer entirely sure if that's still the standard practice.

As for your second and third questions, did you hear that this was a possibility somewhere?
  • Jomu5
    Jomu5 Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    I read it as though you earn a 1* infinity stone through placing well at scl6 and the star rarity increases as you increase the season scl. That would be awful if it is just awarded to the person placing first for the season
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,196 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oh so only the best of the best can earn supports? Makes sense to me... Smh
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,603 Chairperson of the Boards
    Support Tokens
    • Support tokens have been added to Versus Season Placement Rewards
    • Starting with S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level 3 and higher, Rank 1 players receive an Advanced Support token.
    • At S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance level 9, Ranks 2 - 25 also receive an Advanced Support token.
    • Lower S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels receive a Beginner or Advanced Support token. (See in game for more details)
    Infinity Stones
    • Infinity Stones have been added to Placement rewards
    • Starting at S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level 6, players can earn the Infinity Stone of the current season as a Rank 1 reward.
    • The rarity of the stone depends on the S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level you choose. For example, players at S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level 6 receive a 1-Star Infinity Stone and players at S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level 9 receive a 4-Star Infinity Stone.
    Glad to see more rolled out in terms of Supports and Red-ISO. I really am. 

But the biggest details we need aren't in this post. What Clearance Levels can earn Beginner/Advanced Supports and at what placement ranks?

I have no idea if this is good news or not because there's nothing important stated here. And given that it takes SCL9 for top 25 in the entire season to get an Advanced Support token, it sounds an awful lot the vast majority of people will get nothing. I'm actually down for only being able to earn one Infinity Stone each season, makes them a cool and powerful collector's item, but I'm worried the placement required will be so restrictive that only the high-end veterans and whales will ever have them.

Basically, we're missing some info and it's hard to tell if it's something worth being excited about, or if it's just a situation where the rich will get richer, and thus a disappointment.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    How many season brackets are there? A dozen? Maybe a purple of dozens max. So that less than 50 each season who will obtain the stones. Fairly rare and it will be the same bunch for at least 6 seasons (gotta get them all right?). Maybe forever, since they would still want the dupe for red iso. 
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Brigby are you still in the office to clear up some questions on this?  
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    edited May 2018
    JHawkInc said:
    Glad to see more rolled out in terms of Supports and Red-ISO. I really am. 

But the biggest details we need aren't in this post. What Clearance Levels can earn Beginner/Advanced Supports and at what placement ranks?

I have no idea if this is good news or not because there's nothing important stated here. And given that it takes SCL9 for top 25 in the entire season to get an Advanced Support token, it sounds an awful lot the vast majority of people will get nothing. I'm actually down for only being able to earn one Infinity Stone each season, makes them a cool and powerful collector's item, but I'm worried the placement required will be so restrictive that only the high-end veterans and whales will ever have them.

Basically, we're missing some info and it's hard to tell if it's something worth being excited about, or if it's just a situation where the rich will get richer, and thus a disappointment.
    Here's a bit more of a breakdown on Support Tokens in Placement rewards:
    SCL 9
    • Ranks 1 - 25 receive Advanced Support tokens.
    SCL 8
    • Ranks 1 - 10 receive Advanced Support tokens
    • Ranks 11 - 25 receive Beginner Support tokens
    SCL 7
    • Ranks 1 - 5 receive Advanced Support tokens
    • Ranks 6 - 25 receive Beginner Support tokens
    SCL 6
    • Rank 1 receives an Advanced Support token
    • Ranks 2 - 25 receive Beginner Support tokens