Reality Stone Season Updates (5/1/18)

Comments

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Also, keep on mind that Supports WILL eventually be useable in PvP, which will ensure whoever has an Infinity stone to continue to get #1.. cause that Powers Stone's free ability for every match will destroy everyone
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint said:
    They listened to the same analysts that said they'll give MORE command points by only giving it to T10 placement. 

Their data analysis has always been suspect
    That may be correct though. Pvp event brackets are much smaller. Top 10 of 500 is 2%. 70,000 players makes 1,400 and this is only scl7-9. Top 10 in lower scl would bump that number up a fair bit. How many do you reckon hit 1200 (regardless of scl)? 
  • Frustrated1
    Frustrated1 Posts: 68 Match Maker
    @Brigby I know you're not a developer, but perhaps you could persuade one to come here and explain their thought process?
  • Kishida
    Kishida Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Supports are the pogs of MPQ. Devs, stop trying to make it happen, plz.
  • tfcrazy1980
    tfcrazy1980 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    Man ive really been trying to find the motivation to keep playing and remain optimistic after day 1336, but its getting tougher to pick this game up lately, i was trying to give supports a chance but i think that idea has left the building now, ive considered getting back to being less casual, but now theres not really a point honestly, this game has turned into a massive dumpster inferno lately and now it might be better off just to watch it burn.
  • Dax317
    Dax317 Posts: 87 Match Maker
    It would have been one thing to give one out for pve and pvp events. Most people could have lived with that, but 1 per season?!?! What the tinykitty!?! 
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    It still kind of boggles my mind that they nerfed OML so fast with that 10%+ use rate, and even though gambit is basically at 100% use rate they've stayed silent on the whole thing. Well, in pvp at least. In pve I suppose it's lower.

It wasn't addressed, but I'm still hoping that the 5bp feeder update is indicative of a more accelerated schedule for that...
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    So, not only Supports are mostly useless compared to characters of same rarity, but it requires much more grinding to actually get even the lower quality tiers... what an addition :D
    If this is the way how to revive broken PvP, thanks, i will stick to PvE, that is the only part of the game i am not frustrated of...
  • madoctor
    madoctor Posts: 292 Mover and Shaker
    I have been trying to defend the support system implementation a few times, but this is starting to change my mind. Only T1 get it? Really?

I do appreciate the increased Red ISO, but only T1? Are you serious?
  • Coubii
    Coubii Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    I was expecting that power gem could be won in the appropriate season. Make sense. They are powerful items that only the best could dream to possess. Follow the expectation of marvel universe.
    But I'm a bit sad, as a pve player I will never have any chance to grab one.

Anyway... With so low red iso rewards, I can't even dream to push a pizza dog level 100 for a very long time. So how would I do with a tinnykitty stone?

• Lystrata
    Lystrata Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    Ouch.

This is baffling. I've never encountered any other game that makes so much of its content unavailable to so much of its player base. 

What in the world is the point of a feature that basically no one can use/obtain? Mind. Blown.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is really, really disappointing. Since Supports were introduced I have applied my level 4 Wong to my R&G, or at least I think its there. I haven't moved it since Day 1 so I cant be sure at this point. All I do with it is move it up 1 level when I gain enough RISO. All the other supports remain unattached. Is this how you intended this to be? 

I see theres still also no way to earn the Master Tokens either. 

Honestly, I was quite intrigued and positive about this feature when it first came out. It seemed really interesting. Move on a few weeks and its boiled down to me moving my Wong up one level when I have enough RISO, and thats it. Since we basically cant earn tokens this is all I will be doing with supports for the foreseeable future. Why put so much development time into something that wont be used? 

Now, I wish you'd used all that development time to create new PVE events (no not ones will silly countdown tiles). The game is so stale and your time could have been put to much better use. 
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not sure why we expected any character updates until supports are fully implemented into versus events. They stated the plan and are still moving on it. After support implementation slows down in versus (6 seasons for the stones to be distributed to nearly nobody) then we might see a rebalance on some characters if they are not still trying to shoehorn balance supports into versus for about 6 months.
  • tiomono
    @brigby

Is the reward of an infinity stone limited to the entire season placement or will they be in each event throughout the season as the first place reward?
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    tiomono said:
    @brigby

Is the reward of an infinity stone limited to the entire season placement or will they be in each event throughout the season as the first place reward?
    He already confirmed that it is ONLY season placement.  Not event placement.  This is on page 2 half way down @tiomono
  • tiomono
    tiomono said:
    @brigby

He already confirmed that it is ONLY season placement.  Not event placement.  This is on page 2 half way down @tiomono
    That question asked if it was every versus event, or just season event. So there may still be confusion as every event would not include off season stuff.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,680 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    tiomono said:
    tiomono said:
    @brigby

That question asked if it was every versus event, or just season event. So there may still be confusion as every event would not include off season stuff.

I think it’s safe to assume the off season Events won’t give any support tokens.

Also:  
    • Starting at S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level 6, players can earn the Infinity Stone of the current season as a Rank 1 reward.
    The seasons are named after Infinity Stones, so next season (Reality Season #whatever) will reward a Reality Stone Support. Etc.