Reality Stone Season Updates (5/1/18)

Comments

• Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Probably too late to save the whole feature, but maybe should have made rank 1 supports rather useless but available to most. Dupe rank 1 give little less riso, cause they would be more common. 
    Make it all a little less about the ranks and little more about riso, so people feel its possible to chase...

Seeing this makes me think you picked the absolute opposite way to proceed, despite many complaints all over the forum, since the feature was introduced..

Just available for #1 is mental for a whole season. Simply insane..... (i wont be close, but feel bad already for #2)
  • grenadier
    grenadier Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2018
    This misfire of a new feature just highlights the biggest overall problem I see with the game.  Once you hit the point of champing all your 3*'s, advancement on 4* and 5* is simply glacial.  There's no mechanism like Deadpool's Daily to keep you advancing at a reasonable pace.  

The better rewards (4 and 5-star covers) are reserved for those who can place top 5 or 10 in events.  Occasionally you can get lucky with a drop, but what that really means is a brick wall for anyone not spending 8 hours a day, or a significant portion of your paycheck, on the game.  There's too few ways to keep progressing unless you're among the privileged few.

For the record, I have put money into the game from time to time, mainly to get more hero slots.  So I'm neither a freeloader nor a whale.  I suspect i am not alone in that, and if D3 wants to keep people dropping even occasional cash on the game, I think they might be better off serving the casual player than spending development resources on something only the 0.1% of the game will ever see/use.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ok. Now it is time for some data.  I do not think the Demi/D3/Devs know how much is tracked.  Now I wil say I do not track this, others do.  I would give them credit but I will get into trouble. 

In SL 9, there is normally 4 bracket every season.  Now last season there might have been a very late flip, but only 4 brackets for a season.  

In SL8, there are normally 5 brackets.  

In SL7, there are normally 5 brackets. 

In SL6, Well this isn’t tracked because none of these players can go down this far since it is restricted.  

So there you go.  14,000 players and only 14 Infinity Stones.  Yep.  14 per season.  

So Demi/D3/Devs, please tell us how this makes sense.  To be honest this is worse than the Win Based PVP you rolled out.  This might be the most questionable decision you have every made in my almost 4 years of playing. 
    They listened to the same analysts that said they'll give MORE command points by only giving it to T10 placement. 

Their data analysis has always been suspect
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was previously sold on the idea of supports. But not anymore. 

Why make the support tokens so rare? It is so rare now that i don't even think about support anymore... even if i want to whale it, i am not going to buy our a 300-token vault for that master support token!

And rank 1 for one infinity stone? Even as a 5* player with 16 champ 5*s, i have never ever got a rank 1 in seasons. Mentally, it is so unachievable that i will ignore the infinity stones. Is that what you want? Introduce a new feature and not even wanting a typical 5* player to chase for it?

This is really the last straw that break the camel's back. 
  • tfcrazy1980
    tfcrazy1980 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    Haha, 1 year left at most at this rate!
  • grenadier
    grenadier Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    Point taken, and post edited to say "0.1%". :smile:
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    they updated banner
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

you had me at first place gets an Advanced Support!
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just to be clear about one thing, I genuinely really like the idea of supports and think they have/had a lot of potential. It's the continuous, excruciatingly bad implementation of them that's the absolute gut punch. The complete lack of communication around future plans or any acknowledgment that they haven't quite debuted as everyone had hoped or intended just cements the failure. At least we got to see Kevin writhing in agony in his spilled chili to drive home the point that it was tragedy.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I can't wait to not win these cool new supports! There's nothing more fun than competing for pvp season directly against whales who will make thousands upon thousands of more points than me!
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP said:
    So there you go.  14,000 players and only 14 Infinity Stones.  Yep.  14 per season.  
    Not that it makes a big difference, but there are 70,000 players in 14 season brackets.
    Whoops.  Yea. 5000.  Too much whiskey tonight. 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ranks 1-25 versus. Wee. I’ll never see that. Woop dee doo. It’s official supports are absolutely aweful. 
  • broll
    Ranks 1-25 versus. Wee. I’ll never see that. Woop dee doo. It’s official supports are absoule
  • broll
    Brigby said:
    The rockett said:
    What about Infinity Stones?  Are they only 1st place only?  
    I can confirm that the Infinity Stones are only awarded to those that receive top rank in placement.
    So what’s the point?  To ensure the same player gets rank 1 every time once Support’s are inevitably applied to PvP. 
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    • This e gem in the season Banner has been updated. with the Infinity Stone image
    FTFY