Reality Stone Season Updates (5/1/18)

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,680 Chairperson of the Boards
    The guys hitting 26k a season just do it and won’t stop. This may incentivize them a little more, but they’re already committed to being top dog all the time.  So don’t expect some switchup to occur. The Line rooms may get nasty.
  • Freelancer
    Freelancer Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    I was really hoping that they would have a season specific Infinty Stone support high up in the season progression rewards that would upgrade that seasons Stones * rank every season...

If not everyone has a fair chance at earning all these supports, I can't see how Supports are ever going to be acceptable in PvP.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:
    JHawkInc said:
    Glad to see more rolled out in terms of Supports and Red-ISO. I really am. 

But the biggest details we need aren't in this post. What Clearance Levels can earn Beginner/Advanced Supports and at what placement ranks?

I have no idea if this is good news or not because there's nothing important stated here. And given that it takes SCL9 for top 25 in the entire season to get an Advanced Support token, it sounds an awful lot the vast majority of people will get nothing. I'm actually down for only being able to earn one Infinity Stone each season, makes them a cool and powerful collector's item, but I'm worried the placement required will be so restrictive that only the high-end veterans and whales will ever have them.

Basically, we're missing some info and it's hard to tell if it's something worth being excited about, or if it's just a situation where the rich will get richer, and thus a disappointment.
    Here's a bit more of a breakdown on Support Tokens in Placement rewards:
    SCL 9
    • Ranks 1 - 25 receive Advanced Support tokens.
    SCL 8
    • Ranks 1 - 10 receive Advanced Support tokens
    • Ranks 11 - 25 receive Beginner Support tokens
    SCL 7
    • Ranks 1 - 5 receive Advanced Support tokens
    • Ranks 6 - 25 receive Beginner Support tokens
    SCL 6
    • Rank 1 receives an Advanced Support token
    • Ranks 2 - 25 receive Beginner Support tokens
    What about Infinity Stones?  Are they only 1st place only?  
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:
    JHawkInc said:
    Glad to see more rolled out in terms of Supports and Red-ISO. I really am. 

But the biggest details we need aren't in this post. What Clearance Levels can earn Beginner/Advanced Supports and at what placement ranks?

I have no idea if this is good news or not because there's nothing important stated here. And given that it takes SCL9 for top 25 in the entire season to get an Advanced Support token, it sounds an awful lot the vast majority of people will get nothing. I'm actually down for only being able to earn one Infinity Stone each season, makes them a cool and powerful collector's item, but I'm worried the placement required will be so restrictive that only the high-end veterans and whales will ever have them.

Basically, we're missing some info and it's hard to tell if it's something worth being excited about, or if it's just a situation where the rich will get richer, and thus a disappointment.
    Here's a bit more of a breakdown on Support Tokens in Placement rewards:
    SCL 9
    • Ranks 1 - 25 receive Advanced Support tokens.
    SCL 8
    • Ranks 1 - 10 receive Advanced Support tokens
    • Ranks 11 - 25 receive Beginner Support tokens
    SCL 7
    • Ranks 1 - 5 receive Advanced Support tokens
    • Ranks 6 - 25 receive Beginner Support tokens
    SCL 6
    • Rank 1 receives an Advanced Support token
    • Ranks 2 - 25 receive Beginner Support tokens
    And what is this referencing? Season Placement rewards only? Or placement in each and every PvP event?
  • DalekGAF
    DalekGAF Posts: 52 Match Maker
    Tokens are only given to the top eh?

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    The rockett said:
    I can confirm that the Infinity Stones are only awarded to those that receive top rank in placement.
  • LeaveMyCookies
    LeaveMyCookies Posts: 62 Match Maker
    I am out of words. Gg rip
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    mega ghost said:
    And what is this referencing? Season Placement rewards only? Or placement in each and every PvP event?
    This is for Versus Season Placement Rewards.
  • Player1575
    Player1575 Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2018
    This is far and away the worst implementation of a new feature in my 20 years of gaming. Good job on that one D3. 
  • irwando
    irwando Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
    Rich get richer, and Supports continue to basically be DOA for most of the players.  What a waste of potential.  So underwhelming.