Tapping.....

Options

Comments

• Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Please dont get derailed guys, keep focussing on the anti tap movement. 

How much did they all tap today? ;-)

But for real, this whole discussion is kinda moot, cause almost nobody actually likes tapping and wouldnt mind it being stricken from the game. 
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Doesn’t matter anymore. 
  • Smart80
    Options
    Oh, for those saying its all mindless, i just heard about someone who started tapping in sub3 of Venom Bomb, to make up deficit build up by tappers in first two subs... 

Just saying you can go wrong... ;-)
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Slice 1, sub 3 just had a guy start tapping 12 hours out. No problem here.  Nothing to see.  

@Brigby @Demiurge_Will
    Both of you have commented more than a few times that Demi/D3 knows this an issue.  What is the timeline of this being resolved?  What are the next steps?  What other feedback do you need from the community and high end PVE players?  How much more data do you need?  Do you want screen shots of sub and event ends so you can see what we are talking about?  We can’t post them here since it is a voilaton of the rules with players IGN.  
  • ZeroKarma
    ZeroKarma Posts: 513 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Slice 1, sub 3 just had a guy start tapping 12 hours out. No problem here.  Nothing to see.  

For Kraven rewards..... I know he’s a new character but that kind of push for maybe the worst 4* in the game is crazy.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Brigby @Demiurge_Will
    Both of you have commented more than a few times that Demi/D3 knows this an issue.  What is the timeline of this being resolved?  What are the next steps?  What other feedback do you need from the community and high end PVE players?  How much more data do you need?  Do you want screen shots of sub and event ends so you can see what we are talking about?  We can’t post them here since it is a voilaton of the rules with players IGN.  
    It's probably on the same timeline as the daken bug. Just hang in there a few more years.
  • Smart80
    Options
    ZeroKarma said:

For Kraven rewards..... I know he’s a new character but that kind of push for maybe the worst 4* in the game is crazy.
    It doesnt really matter which 4* is rewarded, is it? I know it looks extra silly for Kraven, but with 9/10 4* its all the same, if not 10/10. All that matters is LT and 4* champ rewards.

And “bragging rights” off course... :-)
  • ZeroKarma
    Options
    Smart80 said:
    ZeroKarma said:

It doesnt really matter which 4* is rewarded, is it? I know it looks extra silly for Kraven, but with 9/10 4* its all the same, if not 10/10. All that matters is LT and 4* champ rewards.

LOL. Waiting for someone to brag to me about tapping on Easter. Unless they’re at mass right now, in which case I totally get it.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ZeroKarma said:
    Smart80 said:
    ZeroKarma said:

LOL. Waiting for someone to brag to me about tapping on Easter. Unless they’re at mass right now, in which case I totally get it.
    Yeah, not sure "I sat on this game all day hitting the same node because I have no life or friends" is something to really brag about. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Their priorities for this month are probably the new major change, event related to Infinity War... New characters etc... Maybe they will reveal in R150 about killing off tapping. Besides, Brigby has already mentioned that if he has updates, he will let you know.  Asking him the same questions will still net you the same answer until he has updates. Just wait for it. 

As for data, MPQ send out a survey asking for players' feedbacks every month(?). They have data from more than 10,000 players (wild guess and feel free to call me out on this) that tells them what majority of the players are concerned or interested about.

Probably, there are not many players complaining about tappers. If you look at the language that they use about 6* and tapping, there's a difference based on my interpretation.

For 6* they said something like majority of the players don't want to have a 6* compared to the developers are aware of tapping and acknowledge that it's not a healthy behaviour. The above is based on my memory and not the exact words of developers.

Be patient.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Their priorities for this month are probably the new major change, event related to Infinity War... New characters etc... Maybe they will reveal in R150 about killing off tapping. Besides, Brigby has already mentioned that if he has updates, he will let you know.  Asking him the same questions will still net you the same answer until he has updates. Just wait for it. 

As for data, MPQ send out a survey asking for players' feedbacks every month(?). They have data from more than 10,000 players (wild guess and feel free to call me out on this) that tells them what majority of the players are concerned or interested about.

Probably, there are not many players complaining about tappers. If you look at the language that they use about 6* and tapping, there's a difference based on my interpretation.

For 6* they said something like majority of the players don't want to have a 6* compared to the developers are aware of tapping and acknowledge that it's not a healthy behaviour. The above is based on my memory and not the exact words of developers.

Be patient.

Be patient.
    We've been patient for a year.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Great patience. Continue waiting. It's only about 20 days (including non-working days) since the trial ended. 
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,920 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby has already mentioned that if he has updates, he will let you know.  Asking him the same questions will still net you the same answer until he has updates. Just wait for it. 
    Absolutely this. Thank you. 
  • Smart80
    Options
    ZeroKarma said:
    Smart80 said:
    ZeroKarma said:

You really missed the quotation marks and the smiley at the end?

But as you choose to take my joke serious, i’ll do the same. 

Why would tapping on Easter be anything special from normal weekends? Its just another day off to do things you like, right?

And saying people are waisting there time, yet understanding them going to mass? Dont want to start a totally different argument, but that sounds like contradiction to me...
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    Options
    tiomono said:

@Brigby @Demiurge_Will
    It's probably on the same timeline as the daken bug. Just hang in there a few more years.
    Nah, they confirmed that Daken's attack hitting as two separate attacks is 'working as intended'.

Perhaps you're thinking of the passive ability/wave node bug? That one has been around almost as long.
  • ZeroKarma
    Options
    Smart80 said:
    ZeroKarma said:
    Smart80 said:
    ZeroKarma said:

You really missed the quotation marks and the smiley at the end?

But as you choose to take my joke serious, i’ll do the same. 

Why would tapping on Easter be anything special from normal weekends? Its just another day off to do things you like, right?

And saying people are waisting there time, yet understanding them going to mass? Dont want to start a totally different argument, but that sounds like contradiction to me...
    Umm....I made a joke about people being bored at mass and tapping? So I added onto your sarcasm but you missed mine.
  • Smart80
    Options
    Sorry, sounded different in my head when i read it.. damn voices playing tricks on me again? Gotta tap again to kill them off again... :-(
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,920 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Lystrata said:
    To begin:

I don't condone tapping (although I have done it to greater and lesser degrees).
    I don't enjoy tapping (although I have done it to greater and lesser degrees).
    I think tapping is a completely obnoxious play-style (although I have done it to greater and lesser degrees).
    And I definitely don't think tapping should be part of the game (although I have done it to greater and lesser degrees ...

... mainly to spite other tappers. I'm pretty petty.)

However.

(A) All these comments about tappers 'having no life' are equally as obnoxious and misguided. Tapping is not a complex activity. It doesn't require someone to be sitting alone, bereft of friends, family and sunshine, hunched over their phone in the dark like a modern-day Gollum. 
    Off the top of my head, you can tap while: watching television/movies, at the gym, in the bathroom, cooking, walking a dog if you have one, watching someone else play video games (typically what I'm doing if I bother to tap), reading, etc.
    The idea that tapping is a singular activity that requires complete attention and devotion is, frankly, absurd.

(B) We're all playing a match-3 game to greater and lesser degrees. Who the hell has the right to say when that tips from okay into 'clearly, stranger I have never met, whose life circumstance I know nothing about, I will righteously judge as having none of the aforementioned life'? 

If you don't like tapping, fine. I don't like tapping. But judging other people's 'lack of life' based on tapping is pretty ridiculous.
    I pretty much made this exact same argument earlier. The judgement bothers me. 
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JSP869 said:
    tiomono said:

@Brigby @Demiurge_Will
    Nah, they confirmed that Daken's attack hitting as two separate attacks is 'working as intended'.

Perhaps you're thinking of the passive ability/wave node bug? That one has been around almost as long.
    Last I knew there was no definitive answer on daken working as intended. They kind of said they would let us know soon. If I recall there were even some patches claiming to have "fixed" it even though it never actually changed. I could be wrong though.

Dakens power did not always work the way it currently does.