Options
167891012»

Comments

• Michaelcles
    Michaelcles Posts: 100 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Smart80 said:
    bluewolf said:
    @The rockett   I think you’re in my bracket, and there are at least two tappers....I finished at 32 this morning and am now 64.  Early clears yes, but come on....
    And you think those are tappers that passed you? Ill bet you at least 30 of those that sent you down the ranks are just not caring about placement and green checking early on for progression and node rewards, 1 of them overcleared by accidence and maybe, maybe 1 is tapping, possibly just to make up for joining later than others than joined at flip...

Either way, we all know some, or more than a few, are tapping. Devs have acknowledged they are looking into it, but dont have time right now.

Tapping, sorry, repeating the same complaint over and over again wont change anything sooner... (is there a way to unsubscribe to a forum topic you’ve posted in, so no updates are shown?)
    Devs won’t change it, no money in it.

Why invest time and resources in something with a negative return on investment, when you can introduce red ISO and gear up for Marvel movie tie ins?
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Michaelcles said: ... Devs won’t change it, no money in it.

Why invest time and resources in something with a negative return on investment, when you can introduce red ISO and gear up for Marvel movie tie ins?
    Joke's on you, bub.

The secret to effective snark is being completely informed at all times. Always knowing exactly  what you're going on about.

You've been littering this forum for weeks. Complaining for complaining's sake. Not even reading the threads you're soiling, just looking for new place to fling the same old droppings. Being so uninformed, you should be asking questions, not making assertions. 

Go away.
    Lol, was that actually posted after the announcement was made that it will be changed? Hahahaha
  • Michaelcles
    Michaelcles Posts: 100 Tile Toppler
    Options

Joke's on you, bub.

The secret to effective snark is being completely informed at all times. Always knowing exactly  what you're going on about.

You've been littering this forum for weeks. Complaining for complaining's sake. Not even reading the threads you're soiling, just looking for new place to fling the same old droppings. Being so uninformed, you should be asking questions, not making assertions. 

Go away.
    the minimum amount of points a mission is worth will be set to 0, and points will regenerate at the same rate as they did before.”

Looks like the points still regenerate, meaning a lesser form of tapping is still in play, right?

Since you know everything.
  • Smart80
    Options
    Take your loss mate...
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Joke's on you, bub.

Go away.
    the minimum amount of points a mission is worth will be set to 0, and points will regenerate at the same rate as they did before.”

Looks like the points still regenerate, meaning a lesser form of tapping is still in play, right?

Since you know everything.
    The "lesser form" won't be a dominant strategy. Simple as that. If you clear to early, you won't be able to make up for it by tapping.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Assuming that a node gives 800 point, under the new system, in one minute it will regenerate 800/(60minutes * 24 hrs) = 0.56 points. However, when you hit the 7th or 6th clear, I believe the regeneration time is about 2 to 3 days. Effectively, you are regenerating 0.56/2 or 3 = 0.28 or 0.187 per minute. In one hour you are regenerating only 11 points in the new system.

In the past, certain nodes minimum point is between 1 - 4 points. If someone clears a match in 1 minute, he will gain 3 * 60 = 180 points in an hour.

I believe my calculation might be off, so someone please correct me. 
  • MysterB
    MysterB Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Once tapping is finally addressed aren’t people with exorbant rosters going to still be in first place? I agree tapping is something that needs to be expelled, but just like PvP people with fully leveled rosters are going to wait an hour or less before the end of an event and grab those top spots with ease. Or am I missing something?
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So, what's your solution to a "fair" PvE where it's natural for every player to clear PvE faster as they progress?
  • Smart80
    Options
    Once tapping is finally addressed aren’t people with exorbant rosters going to still be in first place? I agree tapping is something that needs to be expelled, but just like PvP people with fully leveled rosters are going to wait an hour or less before the end of an event and grab those top spots with ease. Or am I missing something?
    Nope, you’re spot on. Unless they are whales with bigger pockets than skills.. ;-)

Now my question to you: do you think thats a bad thing?
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    personally,  thats why I thought tapping was fine.

bigger rosters got the benefit of being faster at tapping.

little rosters got the benefit of using sheer volume to overwhelm speed.

in either case,   if you were willing to play the same number of matches,  then the bigger roster would always win.
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I think those who tapped just need to accept that they can't play like that anymore. Play optimally? Sure, lots of people try to in order to to place well in events. Spend endless hours every day tapping away for a handful of points? It's not healthy. Even the devs themselves have said so. Tapping as it was is now finished. As painful as I'm sure it will be, you're going to have to find something else to do with you time.
  • MysterB
    MysterB Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Smart80 said:
    Nope, you’re spot on. Unless they are whales with bigger pockets than skills.. ;-)

I don’t think it’s bad. I get why people are happy about the new non tap change, but these same people are just going to be in the top 200 and lower regardless. If anything, we made it less stressful for them to get those top spots. I’ve already accepted the fact I won’t make top 20 in PvE or PvP just from the original people who first played this game. It use to be 100% Pay to win when Hero points could be used to add to existing covers and when you bought a 40x pull it came with a specific 4* random cover instead of a token. I don’t have the time and not wasting my money to stress myself to get to the top 100 against these Fed monster rosters over the past 2 years. The progression pVp reward on battles won I really liked. D3 even made the pve placement rewards better now. They cater to the whales, rightfully so $$$x. That much was apparent when they hit 3* gambit with a nerf because he was downing 5*’s in PvP and lightly touched his 5* even after the Thousands of complaints to nerf it. Enough rambling, point is, the tapping is gone, but now these people will just wait till that 30 minute mark and hit that top spot anyhow. Lose/Lose situation for the 90% of us who don’t have the fully leveled 5*s imo. 
  • Smart80
    Options
    Smart80 said:

I don’t think it’s bad. I get why people are happy about the new non tap change, but these same people are just going to be in the top 200 and lower regardless. If anything, we made it less stressful for them to get those top spots. I’ve already accepted the fact I won’t make top 20 in PvE or PvP just from the original people who first played this game. It use to be 100% Pay to win when Hero points could be used to add to existing covers and when you bought a 40x pull it came with a specific 4* random cover instead of a token. I don’t have the time and not wasting my money to stress myself to get to the top 100 against these Fed monster rosters over the past 2 years. The progression pVp reward on battles won I really liked. D3 even made the pve placement rewards better now. They cater to the whales, rightfully so $$$x. That much was apparent when they hit 3* gambit with a nerf because he was downing 5*’s in PvP and lightly touched his 5* even after the Thousands of complaints to nerf it. Enough rambling, point is, the tapping is gone, but now these people will just wait till that 30 minute mark and hit that top spot anyhow. Lose/Lose situation for the 90% of us who don’t have the fully leveled 5*s imo. 
    Objective of the game is to grow your roster, so yeah, big rosters obviously get an advantage.