KRAKADOOM! MAY 09-11

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    easily been in top 10 today but won't last I'm sure since I haven't even broken 800 points.
  • daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Finally made it to 908, nodes were too low value though. Just decided to shield back up again. On a 8hr one as I intend to crash for a while.

May not be the juiciest points out there, but feel free if you see me for now. I'll jump back in later once these nodes are actually worth more than 15-17 points, lol.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Alright, please hold your fire until you see me at 1100 - thanks icon_e_smile.gif

Edit:
    Aaaand I'm done.
    Fire away icon_e_smile.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Oh look, hard bracket again for me. ~620 needed for top 50 and there's still 15 hours to go, since the usual trend is to get hit for ~200 points before event ends, I expect I'll finish at around 400, which will put me at around #200 from what I saw of the ranking while I climbed. Not going to bother clawing my way any further for the slight possibility of 25 HP and an iso fodder Bullseye, getting to 600 was annoying enough, fighting only evenly matched or better teams from the get go, all for no more than ~28 points (I never see those mystical 40+ enemies, how much iso and time do you people waste on skipping until you find them? I'm usually happy if I can hit someone for 20), not even a seed team or two when I started. PvP has become a chore, not an enjoyable game :/
  • Unknown
    Options
    Man, why is maxed Lazy Thor everywhere now? Maxed buffed rags+lazy thor = 19k hp, just a little better than hulk tourney
    And they wanna nerf someone who has only 5800 hp with no damage at all? Nerf LT first OK?

@liquidpulse, please attack me after i shielded plz ? We are in the same bracket ,you know when icon_e_wink.gif
  • franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Thats it.. I m done with this pvp.. Have reached the 1200 plateau.. Burned 2 3 hours shield.. I dont want to make those loki covers more expensive than they should be.. It seems im in a easy bracket btw.. No forumite on sight.. Mission accomplished.. Shielded for the rest of event...
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    Carthl wrote:
    I never see those mystical 40+ enemies, how much iso and time do you people waste on skipping until you find them?
    My 3 free skips are usually enough until 900, after that I skip about 10 times or so before finding a worthy target or settling for a 25 pointer.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Grazzt wrote:
    Man, why is maxed Lazy Thor everywhere now? Maxed buffed rags+lazy thor = 19k hp, just a little better than hulk tourney
    And they wanna nerf someone who has only 5800 hp with no damage at all? Nerf LT first OK?

@liquidpulse, please attack me after i shielded plz ? We are in the same bracket ,you know when icon_e_wink.gif

A team of maxed Rags/Lazy Thor/Hulk? That's a great idea! Thank you! icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Arogntbastrd
    Arogntbastrd Posts: 1,009 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Carthl wrote:
    Oh look, hard bracket again for me. ~620 needed for top 50 and there's still 15 hours to go, since the usual trend is to get hit for ~200 points before event ends, I expect I'll finish at around 400, which will put me at around #200 from what I saw of the ranking while I climbed. Not going to bother clawing my way any further for the slight possibility of 25 HP and an iso fodder Bullseye, getting to 600 was annoying enough, fighting only evenly matched or better teams from the get go, all for no more than ~28 points (I never see those mystical 40+ enemies, how much iso and time do you people waste on skipping until you find them? I'm usually happy if I can hit someone for 20), not even a seed team or two when I started. PvP has become a chore, not an enjoyable game :/

It sounds like you're not shielding so it's to your disadvantage to build points earlier, that just makes you an easy target for people on the way up. Instead trying staying lower then charging at the end. If your score is low you'll either be skipped bc you're not worth much or your loss per match will be less

OR just accept that you'll be hit, let those losses drop your mmr a bit which you always want, then push at the end
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    It is just a bit frustrating to win a match for +25 or so only to come out of the match to attack listings of -43, -45, and so on. Then you click on the retaliation nodes and they are worth 4 points. I don't mind being attacked, but at least make the retaliations more than an instant skip.

I am again hoping that 1000 points is good enough for a top 10 finish, that's all I'm shooting for. These brackets are getting out of control with the scoring now.

Also, go Manchester City!!!!
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    It really is frustrating to win a match for +25 or so only to come out of the match to attack listings of -43, -45, and so on. Then you click on the retaliation nodes and they are worth 4 points. I don't mind being attacked, but at least make the retaliations more than an istant skip.
    I think being able to see people much higher up than you from the start will eventually lead to people playing as late as possible to avoid getting hit from so far below that the retal is simply not worth it.

Where previously you'd attack whoever the game put in front of you below 800 because it was 1 and 2* teams who couldn't retaliate, now you look for teams who won't retaliate because they'd gain 8 and lose another 40 to you because you're still much lower.
    Getting only 141s who can defeat anybody from the start changes the necessary strategy below 950 completely.
  • franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It is just a bit frustrating to win a match for +25 or so only to come out of the match to attack listings of -43, -45, and so on. Then you click on the retaliation nodes and they are worth 4 points. I don't mind being attacked, but at least make the retaliations more than an instant skip.

I am again hoping that 1000 points is good enough for a top 10 finish, that's all I'm shooting for. These brackets are getting out of control with the scoring now.

Also, go Manchester City!!!!
    Beyond 1000 Pts its like they put you in the queue of all the people that enters the tourney.. Maybe to force players to burn more shield? Go figure..
  • Bacon Pants
    Options
    I assume it would take a lot of skipping, but with the new set up you could enter a pvp with 2 hours to go...hitting opponents of 40 and 50 for that 2 hours and most likely placing well every single time.

I guess I'll give this a shot in a pvp moving forward. There is even less incentive to join the pvp's early on.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Yup, every time I try to get good points close to the end of a tourney (having 800+ points), some folks just enter with 200+ points and deduct 40-50 points from me. Gotta try that next time I actually need covers :>
  • Unknown
    Options
    I've basically switched to only attacking people who will give me a lot of points, since it means even if they decide to retaliate against me, it shouldn't be for too much. Also hoping people will be more focused on the Oscorp event and other things. I wouldn't mind getting Loki covers. icon_razz.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    After hitting 900, I'm only seeing about 5 teams in my rotations. No matter how many times I skip, I'm ONLY seeing those teams.

This is problematic because:

1.) They're effing huge teams that I can't beat. There's like one team in there that I have a chance at.

2.) Even after winning a match, these are the only teams they're giving me. So even if I were to ONLY play those 5 teams, that's effing impolite! I don't want to beat up on the same guy over and over again just because MPQ can't give me a new tinykitty opponent.

Skipped teams should be temporarily taken out of rotation.
  • Unknown
    Options
    If anyone sees ThatNick in their list of possible targets... please don't attack me. icon_razz.gif I want to try to get into the top 10 so I'd be getting 2 Loki covers, then Shield and hope for the best. But I haven't been attacked TOO much, so I'm hoping I could keep going and wait until 3 hours before it ends.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2014
    Options
    @laoapeh and kensterr, I have both of you in my queue, but at pretty low points. Are you guys higher now and shielded? Too bad a-force isn't in top 10 or I could just check :p

Edit: any clan mates around to tell me their point total? I'm a little over 900 stuck in some sub 900 point bubble so could really use a good target to bump me out.
  • Bacon Pants
    Options
    Foxy - Last night while I was in the 800-900 range I was skipping between walkyourpath, bubbleboy, franckynight, and two alliance members. Finally I got someone different, but those 5 kept coming up after that.

Rich - is that your ign? If so, may I suggest adding it as a sig on here? I know it helps me when trying to avoid forum goers in game. Skipping people with the same forum and ign is easiest of course.
  • Unknown
    edited May 2014
    Options

It sounds like you're not shielding so it's to your disadvantage to build points earlier, that just makes you an easy target for people on the way up. Instead trying staying lower then charging at the end. If your score is low you'll either be skipped bc you're not worth much or your loss per match will be less

OR just accept that you'll be hit, let those losses drop your mmr a bit which you always want, then push at the end

Oh, I know. I'm just a bit bitter that the points in general have become so high that without shielding, I can't even get into top 100 or, on a very bad day, top 150 any more, simply because the points are so bloated by all the heavier weights in my brackets. See also the bracketing discussion in the other thread.

And actually, charging at the end is the very worst for me for several reasons:
    - This is xth event that ends at 6 am. 3rd, 4th? I'm not sure. It appears they have stopped offering alternating ending times for PvP. I'm obviously not going to get up at 4-5 am, nor should it be expected.

- I'm almost never offered opponents with higher value than 30 points - in fact the vast majority of opponents I'm ever offered have less than 20. The reason for that is presumably that my mmr is appropriate to my level - I rarely see teams that are substantially higher than me, unless I push beyond 800.
    But even at 20 points, it would take me 30 battles to reach 600 points, 30 battles that'll will take what, 5 minutes on average? Add to it the time it takes to skip through to a useful opponent (which is two clicks per skip instead of one, who came up with that?) - often 10+ skips even below 600 points, potentially apply health packs and boosters. In that time I will have lost at least as many battles as I fight so the gain will be... what? 5 points per battle?

But let's say I do get up at 4 am. Let's say everything goes smoothly, I'm offered a worthwhile match every time and let's say I don't lose a single battle in all the time and don't run out of healthpacks or need prologue healing. I'll still only gain... 120 min / 5 = 24 matches x 25 average points (since I'm starting late, I might get a few 30+ matches before hitting the joyful land of <20 per fight) = 600 points. More realistically, I'll lose at least 200 of those to retaliations or other people making a late push and end up at the same 400 points.

Whereas if I start early I can a) get progression rewards up to 900 if I push it and invest about 3 hours* of continuous play. I will also, even after the retaliation and end-of-tourney drubbing retain ~500-550 points, which used to be enough for decent HP reward placement (top 100). It isn't any more, because apparently I'm too good for those easy brackets these days, which is what annoys me so much.

*I actually timed it once. Started at ~350 points from previous casual play and pushed to 900 in one go. The last hour was mostly reaching 800, being beaten back to 700, reaching 820, being beaten back to 750 etc. Finally got in to 901 because someone lost to me a second after I had won and before the next one beat me and pushed me down to 880 again. In that 2-3 second window I got my 50 HP. Yay! Within 20 minutes I was back to 600, where I belong. This was at an off time around 20 hours before the end of the tourney.

Of course I could change all this by spending 150 HP on an 8 hour shield before going to bed. As outlined above, I can realistically get 800 points. With the current brackets I seem to be stuck in, that would get me 100 HP total (50 me, 50 alliance). I'm left in the red with the HP. And we aren't even talking about covers yet. If I'm lucky, I'll have gotten the one 3* cover from top 50 rewards. If not... it'll be a 2* and I already have all the 2* I needed maxed.

So. lots of dull play in the middle of the night (I could be sleeping! Sleeeeep!), no guarantee of a win and the necessity to purchase HP for shields.