KRAKADOOM! MAY 09-11

Options
The sound of thunder. Ragnarok approaches.

Continuing the tradition of villains' tournaments.

Ragnarok tournament.

Single Player Rewards

1. IW Blue and all rewards from the previous rank
2-5. Loki Purple and Black, 3000 ISO, 100 HP
6-10. Loki Purple and Black, 2500 ISO, 100 HP
11-25. Loki Black, 2500 ISO, 100 HP
26-50. Loki Black, 1500 ISO, 50 HP
51-100. Bullseye Purple, 1500 ISO, 50 HP
101-150. Bullseye Purple, 1000 ISO, 25 HP
151-200. Bullseye Purple, 500 ISO
201-250. 3x Standard Token, 250 ISO
251-300. 2x Standard Token, 250 ISO
301-400. Standard Token, 250 ISO
401-500. 250 ISO

Notable Progression Rewards:

50. 500 ISO
300. Recruit Token - Krakadoom!
500. 500 ISO
600. Cap** Yellow
700. 500 ISO
800. 1000 ISO
900. 50 HP
1000. 1000 ISO
1100. Rags Red
1200. 1000 ISO
1300. X-Force Green

Alliance rewards:

1-2. Loki Purple, 2000 ISO, 250 HP
3-50. Loki Purple, 2000 ISO, 100 HP
51-100. Loki Purple, 2000 ISO, 50 HP
101-250. 1500 ISO, 50 HP
251-500. 1000 ISO, 50 HP
501-1000. 500 ISO, 50 HP
1001-1750. 250 ISO, 50 HP
1751-2500. 200 ISO, 50 HP
2501-5000. 200 ISO
5001-10000. 140 ISO

Comments

• Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've definitely read a Hulk Smash that resulted in a KrakaDOOM (IIRC, it was when Wolverine rode as Death for Apocalypse), but I've never seen or read a Mjolnir slam that had KrakaDOOM.

I guess Rags has to get something to make up for being lackluster in just about everything else.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I love ragnarok. I think he is really good with hood. Will be interesing
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    That is... well not quite, but almost the weirdest synergy I've heard so far icon_e_biggrin.gif
    Hood pairs up well with just about anybody, but what's the special bit about Rags?
    Rags doesn't tank a single colour for Hood, and his generated green is useless.
    Care to elaborate? icon_e_wink.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Rags tanks only red and green. At the level mine is, he'll probably be able to tank only environment tiles. And this is only if I won't take Punisher along.

Rags was always a problematic type of guy.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Emeryt wrote:
    Rags tanks only red and green. At the level mine is, he'll probably be able to tank only environment tiles. And this is only if I won't take Punisher along.

Rags was always a problematic type of guy.
    Yeah, even boosted 30 levels, he'll only take the secondary color away. And only if you're absolutely max leveled.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ugh, level 50 rags ftl. Kinda tempted to level him up, but thats insanity talking.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    That is... well not quite, but almost the weirdest synergy I've heard so far icon_e_biggrin.gif
    Hood pairs up well with just about anybody, but what's the special bit about Rags?

Yup. For a fun entertaining match it is much enjoyment. Because his abilities are so low cost hood supplies multiple hammer smashes. Though not the most effective combo in terms of tankining colors for hood, it really doesn't matter on defense since they can target whoever they want. Pair them too up with OBW or spiderman on offense and you pretty much cannot lose. I have beaten multiple teams with all kinds of combos without a problem.

Trust me. It really livens up the matches and makes for a lot of fun.
  • Unknown
    Options
    My Rags is 92nd level and fully covered and I use him a surprising amount. He's my workhorse in Lightning rounds, he's gotten boosted pretty regularly lately, and every so often he turns up in PVP. He pretty much singlehandedly got me a top two in the last hard sub in the Simulator.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Rags is a shell of what he used to be. He was my first levelled guy.
  • Unknown
    Options
    saw this info on event page too. HHmm, i guess this is the 1st or 2nd tourney that featured rag as the main lead ? Wonder what the rewards will be. whaahhaa
  • Unknown
    Options
    Hannybal wrote:
    saw this info on event page too. HHmm, i guess this is the 1st or 2nd tourney that featured rag as the main lead ? Wonder what the rewards will be. whaahhaa
    Hopefully sth we haven't seen a while - BP, Psy, DD, Spidey or IM40.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Emeryt wrote:
    Hannybal wrote:

Or Hood. Please let it be Hood or Spidey.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Kappei wrote:
    Emeryt wrote:
    Hannybal wrote:

Hood was given lately afair.
  • fedlex20
    fedlex20 Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Kappei wrote:
    Emeryt wrote:
    Hannybal wrote:

I havent seen spidey as a pvp reward yet, maybe after the funbalance?
    Im would love to have black panther covers....
  • Unknown
    Options
    ichijuan wrote:
    I havent seen spidey as a pvp reward yet, maybe after the funbalance?

I'm guessing that we probably won't see him until the rebalance, after which I suspect we'll see a lot of him.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Spidey will be give. Out like candy when they need him
  • Unknown
    Options
    Emeryt wrote:
    Kappei wrote:
    Emeryt wrote:
    Hannybal wrote:

Hood was given lately afair.

http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=6311

Covers : Last time seen as a reward

Hood : March 21st
    BP : March 27th
    Psy : April 4th
    DD : March 21st
    Spidey : January 29th
    IM40 : March 8th (given away in 3 different tourneys in a single week)

Many other covers have been given lately, but it's been almost two months since these were given as prizes. (more for Spidey, but we all know the situation)
    Also it looks like they're following the villain LR lineup: we've had Loki and Doom, Rags is next. If they keep going this way we still have Hood and Mags and since Mags was the reward in the previous Doctor's orders, it's not that unlikely to see Hood as a reward, right? At least I hope so icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:

Yup. For a fun entertaining match it is much enjoyment. Because his abilities are so low cost hood supplies multiple hammer smashes. Though not the most effective combo in terms of tankining colors for hood, it really doesn't matter on defense since they can target whoever they want. Pair them too up with OBW or spiderman on offense and you pretty much cannot lose. I have beaten multiple teams with all kinds of combos without a problem.

Trust me. It really livens up the matches and makes for a lot of fun.
    I think I'll try this one. I got rainbow, I got heal, I should be able to have good dps. Not powerful, but probably fast, with massive AP generation (incl. cascades).

Above 700 I'll switch to Patch + CMags or Hulk.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Hoping for Torch covers here. #pipedream
  • Unknown
    Options
    *shrug*

I guess this gives me a reason to cover-max my 5/3 Rags.

As far as rewards go, I'm hoping for Hood, BP, Torch, LazyCap, or LazyThor.