KRAKADOOM! MAY 09-11

Comments

• Hoping for Torch covers here. #pipedream

Seconded. I have him 1/2/1 and at his soft cap of 30. My second-lowest covered 3*s have 8 covers and soft cap at 77 or 89. Even my 4*s both have more covers than him.
  • BP covers would be nice. Mine is at 2/2/2
  • I'm hoping for some really common covers, so nobody is forced to level Rags icon_razz.gif
  • Emeryt wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    I love ragnarok. I think he is really good with hood. Will be interesing
    That is... well not quite, but almost the weirdest synergy I've heard so far icon_e_biggrin.gif
    Hood pairs up well with just about anybody, but what's the special bit about Rags?
    Rags doesn't tank a single colour for Hood, and his generated green is useless.
    Care to elaborate? icon_e_wink.gif

Yup. For a fun entertaining match it is much enjoyment. Because his abilities are so low cost hood supplies multiple hammer smashes. Though not the most effective combo in terms of tankining colors for hood, it really doesn't matter on defense since they can target whoever they want. Pair them too up with OBW or spiderman on offense and you pretty much cannot lose. I have beaten multiple teams with all kinds of combos without a problem.

Trust me. It really livens up the matches and makes for a lot of fun.
    I think I'll try this one. I got rainbow, I got heal, I should be able to have good dps. Not powerful, but probably fast, with massive AP generation (incl. cascades).

Above 700 I'll switch to Patch + CMags or Hulk.

Nice. Let me know how it goes
  • Guess I'm stuck using the loaner lol I'm also hoping for a torch cover myself being that torch is my only three star cover that has 6 covers in total and is level 40
  • I need torch, bp and specially hood covers, my hood is 3/3/0
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Hood covers would be nice in that I could forego shielding. Rags/Hood/oBW is indeed rainbow and quite cheap for Rags, which is extremely annoying on defense, I hope.
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    finwe wrote:
    I'm hoping for some really common covers, so nobody is forced to level Rags icon_razz.gif

This is one of those events that really favor early adopters who didn't sell him after the nerf. I started in January and never bothered to level Rags--or even try to acquire his covered--because it just wasn't worth it.
  • Ah yes, finally my maxed Rags will no longer be a completely useless punching bag. He'll only be a semi-useless punching bag.
  • Lol you guys are crazy man. Rags needs 6 ap for green and red. Red does about 1000 damage and green does in between 2-400 depending on what you destroy. Usually your tuning both moves once a turn at the least. Your basically doing patch damage without having to muster up the courage to berzerker. Plus he has double the health. The only reason no one likeshim is because he ddoesn'thave a third skill. If he was a new character everyone would want him.
  • Lol you guys are crazy man. Rags needs 6 ap for green and red. Red does about 1000 damage and green does in between 2-400 depending on what you destroy. Usually your tuning both moves once a turn at the least. Your basically doing patch damage without having to muster up the courage to berzerker. Plus he has double the health. The only reason no one likeshim is because he ddoesn'thave a third skill. If he was a new character everyone would want him.

He's also only strong in Red and Green...he has no third color.

marc
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lol you guys are crazy man. Rags needs 6 ap for green and red. Red does about 1000 damage and green does in between 2-400 depending on what you destroy. Usually your tuning both moves once a turn at the least. Your basically doing patch damage without having to muster up the courage to berzerker. Plus he has double the health. The only reason no one likeshim is because he ddoesn'thave a third skill. If he was a new character everyone would want him.

Patch does 1.8k upfront damage + 850 strike tile damage (which lasts through subsequent turns/abilities) for 9 green.
    Your example of rags does 1.4k damage for 6 green and 6 red, I don't see how the two are even comparable.

Lets break down rag's abilities. His red is very efficient and can be thought of as a red Thunder Strike, which is pretty good. His green deals 200-400 and may or may not lead to extra cascades. I've found it to be very inconsistent and underwhelming. HP is decent, so this leaves you with a character that has a single good ability in the most contested color (red) and a ton of hp. That alone just isn't enough to warrant adding him to your team. No one would want him if he was a new character, but adding a 3rd skill would obviously make him usable since a character with 2 good skills and a ton of hp is generally playable (LazyCap).
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Except that all that HP is for naught because he only has medium match damage for both of his 'strong' colors, which maxes out at his max level of 115 at 51.

Tertiary damage for a a 141 is 52!

...see the problem?
  • Haha idk. Perhaps my feelings are getting in the way of my judgement.

I like him. I don't know why, but I like him
  • Haha idk. Perhaps my feelings are getting in the way of my judgement.

I like him. I don't know why, but I like him

That's a tough one, punpun destroys random tiles with judgement so it's pretty difficult to get your feelings out of the way every time icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm hoping to join the event early and get a ton of points then have the Devs reset the point progression so I'm like 1000 pts in front, then I shield all the way through. That's how events are working now right?
  • T_REZ5000
    T_REZ5000 Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    Any chance the prizes could be more Falcons?

Or do you guys think that's it for Falcon rewards for now?

I have him at 4/4/2 and I'm thinking about spending HP to get covers. I just don't want to spend hp and then he's a reward right afterwards.
  • T-REZ5000 wrote:
    Any chance the prizes could be more Falcons?

Or do you guys think that's it for Falcon rewards for now?

I have him at 4/4/2 and I'm thinking about spending HP to get covers. I just don't want to spend hp and then he's a reward right afterwards.

Lately, they've been giving out a lot of the same few kinds of covers, either due to upcoming events or so that people can max out certain 3*s. Could be Falcon, could possibly be more Patch to push the Heroic Oscorp mission, could be someone else like classic Mags whom they gave out lately, etc.

We'll find out in probably 40 minutes what the prizes are.
  • SolidQ
    SolidQ Posts: 247 Tile Toppler
    worst rewards icon_evil.gif
  • franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    Loki covers.. Again.. Damn!!!!