KRAKADOOM! MAY 09-11

Options

Comments

• gambl0r312
    gambl0r312 Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    franckynight, if you see me again in your queue feel free to hit me now (for like the third? time) . U gotta get those Season points somewhere, right? icon_e_biggrin.gif I made it to 900 for Hero Points, so top 25 later is all I need.

I won't retal later (I skip forumites). Good luck!

I'm not shielded, so hit quick !

Don't see u in my queues right now after those hits, or I would retreat to boost u or other ppl up.

Also, I saw what u hit me with, so I started using it as my set team, and I have to say THANK YOU!! That setup made the climb soooo much easier! Nice rainbow coverage, nukes if u need it, AP gathering, pin-point tile management, cheap abilities fueled by Dormammu, that setup is only missing healing, and you'd be set!! icon_cool.gif. Now wishing we could use that lineup outside of this Boosted Rags Tourney and the LR's....
  • franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    Options
    gambl0r312 wrote:
    franckynight, if you see me again in your queue feel free to hit me now (for like the third? time) . U gotta get those Season points somewhere, right? icon_e_biggrin.gif I made it to 900 for Hero Points, so top 25 later is all I need.

I won't retal later (I skip forumites). Good luck!

I'm not shielded, so hit quick !

Don't see u in my queues right now after those hits, or I would retreat to boost u or other ppl up.

Also, I saw what u hit me with, so I started using it as my set team, and I have to say THANK YOU!! That setup made the climb soooo much easier! Nice rainbow coverage, nukes if u need it, AP gathering, pin-point tile management, cheap abilities fueled by Dormammu, that setup is only missing healing, and you'd be set!! icon_cool.gif. Now wishing we could use that lineup outside of this Boosted Rags Tourney and the LR's....
    Excuse me gambl0r.. I didnt think you were a forumite.. Next time i'll skip you.. I must confess you were the juiciest in my queue.. Sorry again..
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    edited May 2014
    Options
    volos wrote:
    Too Easy wrote:
    And after that dreadful rag tourney.. Wait.. A god of lies pvp.. Well.. What a pleasant time to play mpq.. More loki covers to come and mb some pun covers as well..
    what did u score in top gun, for science reasons again

on topic: not looking forward to fighting 9-10k hp rags

For Science!

francky and way too easy, I see you've both been surging in season points in our bracket. Personally I know I won't get top 5, but should be able to manage top 25 without much stress (top 10 gives minimal extra rewards for effort). I'm sitting at a lazy 1100ish points in shield training, what are you both on?
    1250 pts in top gun.. 1400 atm in shield training.. I shoot for top 5 in our season bracket.. The 300 pts i lost in kyipgate have put me behind the 8 ball.. Too easy will have the upper hand on this one.. Not that it matters.. I wont miss this full bagmen 10 pack.. icon_mrgreen.gif

I'm just shooting for top 10 in our bracket...with my current play that should be doable. Work is going to pick up in the next few weeks though, that could affect my score. Stupid work icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • morgh
    morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Fighting all 141 teams from 0 points up is terribly tedious... I wonder why did they implement such a dumb change... guess we'll never know and I bet they will stealth change something yet again ;S
  • Unknown
    Options
    morgh wrote:
    Fighting all 141 teams from 0 points up is terribly tedious... I wonder why did they implement such a dumb change... guess we'll never know and I bet they will stealth change something yet again ;S

I'm getting 2x85 (or higher) from 0, but I'm only running a max LCap with OBW, sometimes swapping in 102 Pun, but that eats heath packs.

But really, this whole thing is making the game less enjoyable. I'm ok fighting big teams after 6-700 points. From the start is not fun.

I can see that the devs want the game to always be challenging or something... but what was the point of me playing hard for the last two months to accumulate strength, only to have it thrown back at me? Why make progress at all if it only makes the game harder and more frustrating? Where's the reward?

I'm not expecting it to be easy in the higher range of points, but I sure don't expect to have to play optimally and get punished for a poor cascade at 100 points.

The broken stuff in PVE, and the changes in PVP will drive me away from the game. I'm guessing it'll take until the end of season 1.

Sad thing is I had contemplated spending more cash in the near future to buy some needed covers. No point in that now since I know it won't make the game more fun, but only more difficult. If the changes are to drive sales, they're having the opposite effect on me. They've actively discouraged me from giving them more money. With what I've spent already I was well past the golden $1 a day IAP that F2P games seem to target. I could not spend any more for months and still be above that. These are the people that are being pushed out.
  • fedlex20
    fedlex20 Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Now that brackets are made of 500 instead of 1000 players is getting more difficult to get a top 10 finish :S
  • franckynight
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Tl;dr you sum up the feelings of a lot of players i think.. Its as if in a tennis grand slam you put Nadal against Federer and Murray against Djokovic in the 1st round.. What s the point? In any tourney it must have some sort ofprogression.. Noobs and ill equiped players in 1st round.. Up and coming players in second round.. Solid vets in 3 rd round.. And then the big fishes in the championship round.. Anyway thats the last time i vent about the changes made.. I must make up with them or leave the game.. Its up to me..
  • franckynight
    Options
    @bacon.. Stupid work!!!! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    volos wrote:
    Too Easy wrote:
    And after that dreadful rag tourney.. Wait.. A god of lies pvp.. Well.. What a pleasant time to play mpq.. More loki covers to come and mb some pun covers as well..
    what did u score in top gun, for science reasons again

on topic: not looking forward to fighting 9-10k hp rags

For Science!

francky and way too easy, I see you've both been surging in season points in our bracket. Personally I know I won't get top 5, but should be able to manage top 25 without much stress (top 10 gives minimal extra rewards for effort). I'm sitting at a lazy 1100ish points in shield training, what are you both on?
    1250 pts in top gun.. 1400 atm in shield training.. I shoot for top 5 in our season bracket.. The 300 pts i lost in kyipgate have put me behind the 8 ball.. Too easy will have the upper hand on this one.. Not that it matters.. I wont miss this full bagmen 10 pack.. icon_mrgreen.gif
    im sitting around 80 points in shield trainer stil and will start doing it sometime this week....and you just gotta bilieve, maybe ill get 1 good card in the 10-pack icon_e_wink.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    -.- stupid coin gave me bagman... what a waste

oh well time to get as many points as I can before the game gives me teams i have no chance against ._.
  • Unknown
    Options
    K, Reckless442... We really need to talk.

I think we should put our cards on the table.

I want this Blue IW.

You want to score another zillion of points in this PvP.

We need to find a consensus.

My suggestion - I will grind my **** out. You will kindly let me win this.

Sounds fair?
  • Unknown
    Options
    So what is everyone's brackets looking like? anyone notice any death brackets yet? My rags is level 18 and since he is the star of my tank team I really don't wanna level him all that much...I really hope I can get an easy win but after the changes during top gun I just don't see it happening.. icon_e_sad.gif
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    My top 10 is cut off at 600, don't see any familiar names either. #1 is at 875 and shielded. Entered almost right away after Top Gun ended.
  • Unknown
    Options
    #2 is shielded in my bracket at 616. I know of at least three forum heavies in the bracket with me, but we're not going to be showing up in the top 10 any time soon. No good reason for it yet.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Let's look at the first page of my roster... LThor will rarely use his green... LCap will never use his red... Punisher won't use his green or red... GSBW will never use her green...

QUIT BAGMANNING ME RAGNAROK
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    gamar wrote:
    Let's look at the first page of my roster... LThor will rarely use his green... LCap will never use his red... Punisher won't use his green or red... GSBW will never use her green...

QUIT BAGMANNING ME RAGNAROK
    run the troll team of Hood/oBW, problem solved! I will run it myself just to annoy everyone - it will be slow but I don't need top 10 this time anyway icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've been having fun with Hulk/GSBW/Rags in the desert. But yeah, that team is not good on defense. Though I might just sub Hood for GSBW and maybe the team will be annoying enough to skip.
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Emeryt wrote:

I want this Blue IW.

Sounds fair?

I am sorry to say, she bathes in the tears of her bracket mates, but there is a simple solution, grind your way up to 1200, then shield hop up to 1400+
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Clintman wrote:
    Emeryt wrote:

I want this Blue IW.

Sounds fair?

I am sorry to say, she bathes in the tears of her bracket mates, but there is a simple solution, grind your way up to 1200, then shield hop up to 1400+

The downside to this strategy is that it will only secure 2nd place
  • Unknown
    Options
    if reckless weren't in my bracket, i'd be grabbing the blue iw, but... no point wasting my time icon_e_wink.gif at least i can save a lot of hp this round.

if you want first, you'll need at least 1500 and 10 shields. also, lvl 173 rag fights are a bit slow.