Top Gun May 07 - May 09 (Season 1)

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    So who is best to pair with falcon and punisher? Choose between max lazycap, 128 hulk, or the usual suspects of 85's
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don't even think spending money would change anything. Well of course unless they really want me to start shielding at 600.
    It's really crazy that we're being kept in the dark whenever core concepts of the game are changed and have to try to puzzle out what is intended behaviour and what is not, and why things got changed in the first place.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    I don't even think spending money would change anything. Well of course unless they really want me to start shielding at 600.
    It's really crazy that we're being kept in the dark whenever core concepts of the game are changed and have to try to puzzle out what is intended behaviour and what is not, and why things got changed in the first place.

I wonder if it it has to do with season / shield vs ranks? I am first in season right now and have about 750 in sheild vs. I have been retreating in shield and tanking every LR but still seeing the same level guys.. I haven't started top gun yet but I am nervous now. I know with the doom tourney despite many retreats in shield vs I still started out with all max 2 star teams the whole way up.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Yeah, but should this really be a permanent problem? If lots of people who are 2* or 2-3* players are being put into exclusively 3* brackets, doesn't that mean by definition that those brackets are no longer exclusively 3*? Like, shouldn't you at least be able to find the other 2/3* players who are as good as you? If that's the case, then the system is working as intended.

Mind you, I don't know if that is the case. I still see a lot of 2* teams on the way up, and I'm certainly not running any 2* characters of my own. Interestingly enough, I'm not making an effort to tank or anything either. So I'm willing to entertain the possibility that MMR is screwing over some of the players. It wouldn't be the first time.
  • Frubzy
    Frubzy Posts: 77
    Options
    sorry if this was mentioned before but are we getting recruit tokens after defeating a player in this pvp?

this is the 2nd time in 4 fights i got a recruit token as a reward .
  • morgh
    morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor
    Options
    So Falcon got changed mid-way through the PvP event...

Ain't that a great decision
    /sarcasm
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Moon 17 wrote:
    Yeah, but should this really be a permanent problem? If lots of people who are 2* or 2-3* players are being put into exclusively 3* brackets, doesn't that mean by definition that those brackets are no longer exclusively 3*? Like, shouldn't you at least be able to find the other 2/3* players who are as good as you? If that's the case, then the system is working as intended.

Mind you, I don't know if that is the case. I still see a lot of 2* teams on the way up, and I'm certainly not running any 2* characters of my own. Interestingly enough, I'm not making an effort to tank or anything either. So I'm willing to entertain the possibility that MMR is screwing over some of the players. It wouldn't be the first time.
    I haven't seen anyone with less than a maxed Punisher/OBW team from 0 to 550, so I don't think I'll be seeing less than that for the rest of the tourney. Which sucks because it means I'm out of health packs after 3 battles.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    I haven't seen anyone with less than a maxed Punisher/OBW team from 0 to 550, so I don't think I'll be seeing less than that for the rest of the tourney. Which sucks because it means I'm out of health packs after 3 battles.

So it looks like other people are catching up to me in PVP MMR hell. I got hit with it last tournament and no matter what I do, I still can't un-see max 3* teams. At this point, I'd be HAPPY to see a max Pun/OBW team.

I mentioned in another thread that I don't care if I have to beat on 141 teams but the problem is you'll also get pounded by other 141 teams non-stop if you experience what I saw in Doctor's Orders

It doesn't feel good going into a LR that started 2 min ago, not seeing any seeds but instead 3 nodes of 212 villain, 212 villain, 141 Hulk/BP/LT.
  • Unknown
    Options
    So I guess they did change Falcon mid-event.
    I mean, that's good for me but still weird.
  • Unknown
    Options

Django just has good marketing lol.

+1 This made me LOL. Also we should be on that "top" list. We have won as many events as X-men icon_e_smile.gif so ner ner ner ner ner

Has X-men won anything other than 3rd place? They are the hot alliance because they were reinforced with top Venoms but let's not get carried away just yet. When Shield doesn't win a pvp or when we don't finish 2nd you can start getting on the Xmen bandwagon. We will not lose the season competition to those Upstarts, you have my Joe Namath Guarantee. Only Django and Scavengers have managed to win PVE outside of Shield and us. This makes me think of a business:

"Want your alliance to finish top 10 but don't have those maxed rosters everyone keeps talking about? Want to finish first? Who has the time? We Do! 5DeadlyConsultants will take your rag tag group and shoot it strait to the top. Be reinforced by 5 of our most successful personnel and have a top 10 finish guaranteed."
  • Unknown
    Options
    So who is best to pair with falcon and punisher? Choose between max lazycap, 128 hulk, or the usual suspects of 85's

Alternate OBW and Lazy Cap depending on whether you need to heal or counter another OBW.
  • Unknown
    Options
    klingsor wrote:
    Only Django and Scavengers have managed to win PVE outside of Shield and us.

Could be wrong about this, but didn't Retribution take one down recently?
  • Unknown
    Options
    klingsor wrote:

Alternate OBW and Lazy Cap depending on whether you need to heal or counter another OBW.

Yep thats what i'm doing now and may swap out cap near the end for hulk so he can tank punishers red and greens on defence.
  • Unknown
    Options
    D...did I miss something? I just went to see about doing a few fights in this event, and saw at there are covers in as possible prizes just for winning the fight?
  • Unknown
    Options
    RichHurtz wrote:
    D...did I miss something? I just went to see about doing a few fights in this event, and saw at there are covers in as possible prizes just for winning the fight?
    1* or 2* can be won as rewards or the usually 70/140 iso
  • Unknown
    Options
    Uh is this a glitch or is this finally a chance for me to like... get my 2* transitioning better?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Pamizard wrote:
    Uh is this a glitch or is this finally a chance for me to like... get my 2* transitioning better?

There's something about it in the 5/8 Updates thread, general section I think.

I've gotten a bunch of 1* covers today, 1 2*, and a bunch of regular ISO rewards. The 2* was one I actually needed (for my big fancy level 6 Moonstone).

They said they've tried to make their frequency such that assuming you sell every one of the covers, you'll come out with roughly the same ISO as if it were just ISO rewards. But it's much better than that, especially now that there's a sell-all button.
  • Unknown
    Options

Yep thats what i'm doing now and may swap out cap near the end for hulk so he can tank punishers red and greens on defence.

Isn't tanking colors irrelevant on defense? Players are going to kill punisher first anyway. Though i suspect hulk is probably a better deterent than cap anyway.
  • Copps
    Copps Posts: 333 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Well this is brutal I'm in that same bracket with psycho but I doubt I will contend for anything since even with running three different dual 141 teams with falcon I can't manage to last more than a handful of rounds before burning all my health packs as every team from the zero point has been a dual 141 team. I've never seriously thought about turning it in on this game but this is pushing me in that direction. What is wrong with just matching us against random teams with similar point totals to us and losing any idea of an mmr. There seems to be little reward for advancing your characters in this game as they just put you against other equally advanced teams.

Anyway I'll try to stop ranting now but this grind just isn't fun in the slightest. If I want to push to a reasonable score it's going to take 5-6 full sets of health packs and I just don't always have the time available for that.
  • franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Moon 17 wrote:

I got u in my queue.. Are u shielded?