Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    sup123 wrote:
    gamar wrote:
    sup123 wrote:
    I don't think they'll change a character during his featured event

icon_lol.gif

Astonishing Wolverine would like a word.

You have much to learn young Padawan.

Wait, was the Thorverine nerf during a Wolverine event? icon_lol.gif
    I wasn't really active at the time.

Before the Thorverine nerf, EVERY event was a Wolverine event icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Meto5000
    Meto5000 Posts: 583
    Options
    Of course we are gonna compete in pvp, even if we had all covers for patch or whoever. Why wouldn't we? It's a competition where all points count towards the end is it not?

That's like saying Real Madrid let Athletico win the UCL because they already have a trophy
    Tiger Woods deciding not to play to finish as he won it last year
    Some weird american sport team letting another weird american sport team win
    Usain Bolt slowing down at the finish line to allow someone else to win

It makes no sense, it is player vs player after all, a COMPETITION. Maybe you would have seen it before, before the season thing started but now its every guy and team for themselves.

A better comparison would be a team that is still leaving their starters in regular season games when they have already secured a #1 seed in the playoffs. Many players play a competitive game because they enjoy being competitive. If the rewards were triple Bagman there would some players who would (grudgingly) still compete. Furthermore, often I see in the forums during pvp events people "slowing down" in tournaments so that other forumites or alliance team members can get the top prize. Top players still need ISO and HP to level their new Falcon's same as everyone else, or to complete crazy goals like leveling every 2* to 85...even Bagman.

This isn't a pre-school everyone gets a prize league. Competing and playing hard is not stealing.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I have two max covered Patch's but with season 1 going on and presumably the top alliance reward in tourney at stake I'll be going full throttle as usual.

The only way I'll let off the gas is if someone I like is in my bracket and S.H.I.E.L.D doesn't need the extra points. So stay the tiny kitty out of my bracket dlaw icon_twisted.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    I have two max covered Patch's

Oh yeah? Well I have A LIFE, so THERE
  • Unknown
    Options
    Maybe they took out Falcon at 1100 due to Kyipgate since they figured everyone and their brother must have gotten one easily back then.
  • Unknown
    Options
    gamar wrote:
    I have two max covered Patch's

Oh yeah? Well I have A LIFE, so THERE

Ha, the fact that I don't have a life has nothing to do with that particular character. The others sure but Patch was just handed out like candy when first introduced icon_e_smile.gif
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    sup123 wrote:
    gamar wrote:
    sup123 wrote:
    I don't think they'll change a character during his featured event

icon_lol.gif

Astonishing Wolverine would like a word.

You have much to learn young Padawan.

i know there was a thor one immediately following it
  • Unknown
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    sup123 wrote:

The thorverine nerf was on Jan 28, right before the end of Thick as Thieves (where Wolvie was buffed), a bunch of people sold them at the "bonus" cost to rebuild them (back then we didn't have respec) and then they had a Wolvie tournament on Jan 29 (pasa_: "strange that they have this after the astonishing nerf but right before the upcoming xforce buff") and a Thor tourney on Jan 31
  • Unknown
    Options
    gamar wrote:
    Spoit wrote:
    sup123 wrote:

The thorverine nerf was on Jan 28, right before the end of Thick as Thieves (where Wolvie was buffed), a bunch of people sold them at the "bonus" cost to rebuild them (back then we didn't have respec) and then they had a Wolvie tournament on Jan 29 (pasa_: "strange that they have this after the astonishing nerf but right before the upcoming xforce buff") and a Thor tourney on Jan 31

And I believe this was during a pay to enter elite avenger only tournament too.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Chimaera wrote:
    gamar wrote:
    Spoit wrote:
    sup123 wrote:

AND they changed boosts to cost HP instead of ISO, and battles to be one-shot instead of three tries, at the same time

It's a wonder anyone who played in that Avengers tournament is still around (well, besides wyp and the other winners)
  • Unknown
    Options
    I think that was a different time they did the 3 tries/hp boosts. I have to put you on a leash I think, always running around getting into strange places.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    gamar wrote:

AND they changed boosts to cost HP instead of ISO, and battles to be one-shot instead of three tries, at the same time

It's a wonder anyone who played in that Avengers tournament is still around (well, besides wyp and the other winners)[/quote]
    Didn't you have to be like, top 25 to even break even?
  • Unknown
    Options
    I think they were 300hp to enter and top 100? got 3 heroic tokens so if you call that "break even" then there you go. I don't equate 300 hp to 3 heroics thats for sure. I remember posts of people saying they would just buy 3 daily deals and not enter, pretty good logic.

I'm sure its possible to find that thread.

EDIT: Found a prize breakdown one: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2607&p=39008&hilit=elite+avengers#p39008

It does have shields obv, just couldn't see the shield option until you enter, just like season one sim. Top 400 for "money back"
  • Unknown
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Chimaera wrote:
    I think that was a different time they did the 3 tries/hp boosts. I have to put you on a leash I think, always running around getting into strange places.

Seems like it was all done at the same time:

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2675

Edit... Ah, the days of using my 1-2* team to take down a 3* team one char at a time...
  • Unknown
    Options
    gamar wrote:
    Chimaera wrote:

I think it was all the same one:

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2675

Ah you must be right. But the actual toggle to the wolf/thor changes did not happen on patch day, it like happened in a data update on a Wednesday during lunch central time if memory serves. Not that it was traumatic for me, I sold them both and funneled the iso into my max cover patch. 85 Wolfie 58 Thor? Meh whatever. Coulda just been pure version patch too, doesn't really matter now, it all came down like a ton of bricks.
  • Unknown
    Options
    morgh wrote:
    Oh... well that's fair game I think icon_e_biggrin.gif

What do Shield/5dv/django etc have to say though? ^_^

Have you even looked at most of our members?

The Unwise One
    Verne
    The Joker
    Spider-America
    Rajj
    Mimmer
    Ji Li
    IceIX
    HailMary
    Grael23
    Ballatician

All need Patch covers as they dont have them 13/13 yet and I also know that some that are have been thinking about respeccing him.
    Also I coul use that red xforce so you can bet between alliance members needing the cover and the the xforce i'll be going to at least 1100 if at all possible.
    Which usually possible to get there without even shielding.
    and before someone mentioned my sub 1100 performace this last event , it got psychotic and i'll admit to my own dismay i underestimated the zombie hordes appetite
    ( was at 1250ish when i went to bed and figured to shield when i woke up. heh oopsie)

So anyhow TLDR version: just because a group is a "top" alliance doesn't mean we don't need the covers like everyone else. We just work our collective **** off and apparently it shows
  • morgh
    morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Point taken - wrong assumption apparently - I heard so much about people having him fully covered for so long and some even having 2 patches, that I incorrectly assumed this applied to all of the top-ish alliances
  • Unknown
    Options
    MTGOFerret wrote:
    morgh wrote:
    Oh... well that's fair game I think icon_e_biggrin.gif

What do Shield/5dv/django etc have to say though? ^_^

Have you even looked at most of our members?

The Unwise One
    Verne
    The Joker
    Spider-America
    Rajj
    Mimmer
    Ji Li
    IceIX
    HailMary
    Grael23
    Ballatician

All need Patch covers as they dont have them 13/13 yet and I also know that some that are have been thinking about respeccing him.
    Also I coul use that red xforce so you can bet between alliance members needing the cover and the the xforce i'll be going to at least 1100 if at all possible.
    Which usually possible to get there without even shielding.
    and before someone mentioned my sub 1100 performace this last event , it got psychotic and i'll admit to my own dismay i underestimated the zombie hordes appetite
    ( was at 1250ish when i went to bed and figured to shield when i woke up. heh oopsie)

So anyhow TLDR version: just because a group is a "top" alliance doesn't mean we don't need the covers like everyone else. We just work our collective **** off and apparently it shows

Venoms, shield, and now x-men are the only truely "top" (top meaning at least mildly competes with shield lol) alliance as far as I understand. Django just has good marketing lol. Not having full patch basically equates to "you probably weren't playing when patch was first released." At this point that is actually quite a few months ago. So while we joke about ppl not having a full patch while some of us have killed off enough to make 2-3 extras already...its totally understandable that someone like theunwiseone doesn't have him maxed yet.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I was among the lucky who played when he was released and have a fully levelled Patch, but I am prepared to wager that the bigger part of the population really hasn't.
  • kidicarus
    kidicarus Posts: 420 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I have two max covered Patch's but with season 1 going on and presumably the top alliance reward in tourney at stake I'll be going full throttle as usual.

The only way I'll let off the gas is if someone I like is in my bracket and S.H.I.E.L.D doesn't need the extra points. So stay the tiny kitty out of my bracket dlaw icon_twisted.gif

Hey - you can already lay off the throttle in our season bracket! I'm sure no.1 is yours already!