Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    My first thought upon looking at the rewards

YJNxvBs.png
  • Unknown
    Options
    Not particularly aimed at anyone in particular, but would anyone else prefer random Alliance chat be kept out of threads? These forums have enough posts as is and would prefer these off-topic posts be kept to Alliance areas.

I don't really care how wacky the guys in alliance ABC are or about the pissing match between DEF and GHI is going.
  • Unknown
    edited May 2014
    Options
    My 2 cents on the whole reward debate.

I think my biggest gripe with the reward system right now is that it works for someone early in the 2*s and for someone in the 3*s but it's not good for someone going from 2* to 3*.

Considering how competitive PvP is getting with all this season thing, top 10 is going towards veterans unless you get lucky with your bracket.
    Then there's the single 3* cover for 11-50 ranking. While that's some progression, getting one single cover that's probably going back in rotation for a good while, that's not really that encouraging. And that's taking into account you can get top 50. If you don't, you get away of the tournament with two 2* covers you probably won't use, a token that is basically another 2* and some HP.

Personal anecdote, in today's event I ended up with 780 points and barely got to top 50. Top 10 was over 1k points. Also that was using a shield, and since the HP reward was pushed back from 500 to 900 points as a progression reward I can't count on that, so sometimes you can't even break even with shields.

That is mentioning only individual rewards, not alliance ones. If you start taking into account alliance rewards things get better, but you pretty much need a 20 member alliance to go for that 3* cover. I think it's pretty unfeasible to transition right now if you are not in an alliance that is competing for the cover every event.

Problem is, I don't see how that'd change unless they start handing out 3* covers like candy or find a way to separate veteran rewards from newer player rewards. And that might not even be in Demiurge's best interest, as a 2* trying to transition is probably invested enough to spend some cash into the game.
  • Unknown
    Options
    WolfmanX25 wrote:
    My first thought upon looking at the rewards

YJNxvBs.png

You know in all honesty it really didn't make much sense to have the featured hero at the 1100 mark because in order to get that high you likely had to already have a high level hero kinda like the old LR's. I think everyone is just upset because rags is a useless character. Let's be honest here if this was a lazy thor cover nobody would be complaining at all. I have slim hopes that it stays a 3 star character at 1100 and hopefully sometime soon is a desirable one.
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Options
    sms4002 wrote:
    You know in all honesty it really didn't make much sense to have the featured hero at the 1100 mark because in order to get that high you likely had to already have a high level hero kinda like the old LR's. I think everyone is just upset because rags is a useless character. Let's be honest here if this was a lazy thor cover nobody would be complaining at all. I have slim hopes that it stays a 3 star character at 1100 and hopefully sometime soon is a desirable one.

Not necessarily true--I've broken 1100 exactly one time and it was during the last Top Gun event when my Falcon was 1/1/1. It's much easier to achieve the 1100 cover reward if your featured character is maxed but it's also completely doable if it's a brand new character and he's useless for everyone. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    vudu3 wrote:
    Not necessarily true--I've broken 1100 exactly one time and it was during the last Top Gun event when my Falcon was 1/1/1. It's much easier to achieve the 1100 cover reward if your featured character is maxed but it's also completely doable if it's a brand new character and he's useless for everyone. icon_e_biggrin.gif

I think it t also really helps when Kyip is shielded and able to be attacked at 1700 points and everyone gets fat off of him.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I wonder if it'll be worth leveling Falcon up to 64 for this event. I got a 2/3/2 right now and with the boost he'd go to 96. I'd kinda have to run him with A.Wolverine though.

Not like I have anything else to level with my ISO but I could always save it, I guess.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    sup123 wrote:
    I wonder if it'll be worth leveling Falcon up to 64 for this event. I got a 2/3/2 right now and with the boost he'd go to 96. I'd kinda have to run him with A.Wolverine though.

Not like I have anything else to level with my ISO but I could always save it, I guess.
    Probably not, unless the buff goes through soon
  • Unknown
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    sup123 wrote:

I don't feel like putting iso into him so I'm hoping the buff doesn't go through until Friday icon_razz.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    sup123 wrote:

Oh yeah, his yellow is still % based.
    I don't think they'll change a character during his featured event, so nevermind.
  • Unknown
    Options
    sup123 wrote:
    I don't think they'll change a character during his featured event,

icon_lol.gif
  • Darmock13
    Darmock13 Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    Options
    sup123 wrote:
    Spoit wrote:
    sup123 wrote:

Oh yeah, his yellow is still % based.
    I don't think they'll change a character during his featured event, so nevermind.

Hmm.. I thought IceIX said that change was going out "by the end of the week" (i'm similarly debating whether to invest ISO in Falcon this week)...
  • Unknown
    Options
    The only Patch cover I need is maybe Yellow (mine is 4/5/4 and I had always planned on respeccing him to 3/5/5), but unless this is a surprisingly soft tournament I probably won't push for top 10. The new mmr system makes it borderline impossible for me in a high demand tournament.
  • Unknown
    Options
    % based actually works in your favor if you are using a low level Falcon, because it's the same whether he's lvl 1 or lvl 212. So there is less urgency to level him, and it will be easier to keep him in back if he's low level. If his "adjustment" goes through during the tournament (and I agree it's a big "if" to do something like that during the middle of the Falcon event) then his levels will matter and you can decide if you want to increase his levels to improve his yellow power.
  • Unknown
    Options
    morgh wrote:
    Why do "top" rosters even care for the season rewards? You actually need those 10-packs? icon_e_biggrin.gif
    Even the ISO or HP rewards are NOT significant...

Have to say - everything d3 brings just makes more covers get sold instead of going to people who don't have them..

EDIT: Oh right - forgot - bragging rights are so important...

It's not for bragging and not for the rewards, at least for me. It's for the sake of competition.
    It might be an alien concept for some to try to be good at something without a shiny carrot in front of them. But in ancient times the first internet people whispered stories of games without leveling, without unlocks, without achievements and without microtransactions.
    Still those antique warriors fought battles with their networks shaped of wood and beeping sounds. Endless battles they fought for the sake of battle itself, to get better than their enemies. Not by higher level, not by stronger items, but by practice.
    And once in a while guided by a spinning @ you can still find their battle records on a long forgotten myspace page....

Örm, I drifted away somehow... icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Mizake wrote:
    % based actually works in your favor if you are using a low level Falcon, because it's the same whether he's lvl 1 or lvl 212. So there is less urgency to level him, and it will be easier to keep him in back if he's low level. If his "adjustment" goes through during the tournament (and I agree it's a big "if" to do something like that during the middle of the Falcon event) then his levels will matter and you can decide if you want to increase his levels to improve his yellow power.

But I'd be using an Astonishing Wolverine with his cheap weak tiles, so % won't do much for me.
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    gamar wrote:
    sup123 wrote:
    I don't think they'll change a character during his featured event

icon_lol.gif

Astonishing Wolverine would like a word.

You have much to learn young Padawan.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My Falcon's not high enough, but anyone seen the dynamic of a Redwing v Redwing battle yet? That's the one thing that can actually foil him, as he'd burn the countdown tile early, which you DON'T want.

Whoever's Redwing fires first wins?
  • Frubzy
    Frubzy Posts: 77
    Options
    cant wait to join and get another bracket of death where my 3 hr a day grinding nets me 1000pts and 52nd place ..... yay!!!!
  • Unknown
    Options
    gamar wrote:
    sup123 wrote:
    I don't think they'll change a character during his featured event

icon_lol.gif

Astonishing Wolverine would like a word.

You have much to learn young Padawan.

Wait, was the Thorverine nerf during a Wolverine event? icon_lol.gif
    I wasn't really active at the time.