1-2. Patch Green, 2000 ISO, 250 HP
3-50. Patch Green, 2000 ISO, 100 HP
51-100.Patch Green, 2000 ISO, 50 HP
101-250. 1500 ISO, 50 HP
251-500. 1000 ISO, 50 HP

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Green rag at 1100...are they trying to see if bad rewards will prevent another PvP bloodbath?

In all honesty, though, does this mean we're getting a villains-only PvE chapter for Lazy Daken? 'Cause if so, I'm super excited.
  • fedlex20
    fedlex20 Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Damn it, i could use a couple of red patch, already have 5 green :S
  • Unknown
    Options
    If Doctor's Orders was any indication, there's no way I can get my first yellow Patch cover now...
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Finally, another set of Patch covers, I probably need all 3, will respec later if more covers come. My Patch sits at 3-2-4.
  • fedlex20
    fedlex20 Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    sup123 wrote:
    If Doctor's Orders was any indication, there's no way I can get my first yellow Patch cover now...

I think it depends on your bracket. Is your bracket determined by luck? mmr? the time you join?
    Still, bloodbath.
  • Unknown
    Options
    sup123 wrote:

Never lose faith, IMO most top rosters will sit it out -- I will for sure, nothing there to gain.
  • Unknown
    Options
    ichijuan wrote:
    sup123 wrote:

I think it depends on your bracket. Is your bracket determined by luck? mmr? the time you join?
    Still, bloodbath.

I joined a bit early and apparently that matters, so now I'm going to wait to join in the middle of the night one and a half days from now or something.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thanks, jojeda654. Your reward for starting this thread is a Hawkeye in one of your next 20 standard tokens.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    pasa_ wrote:
    sup123 wrote:

Never lose faith, IMO most top rosters will sit it out -- I will for sure, nothing there to gain.
    Season points means especially the top rosters will NOT sit this out, unfortunately.

I think this is just a test to see what it takes for people to stop reaching 1400+.
    If removing the cover of a new 3* in his own tournament does not work, maybe the ISO for wins after 1000 will be halved. Or something.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I knew it guys, Falcon is actually Ragnarok in disguise. Rag's 3rd ability confirmed that he will fly.
  • morgh
    morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Why do "top" rosters even care for the season rewards? You actually need those 10-packs? icon_e_biggrin.gif
    Even the ISO or HP rewards are NOT significant...

Have to say - everything d3 brings just makes more covers get sold instead of going to people who don't have them..

EDIT: Oh right - forgot - bragging rights are so important...
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    morgh wrote:
    Why do "top" rosters even care for the season rewards? You actually need those 10-packs? icon_e_biggrin.gif

Have to say - everything d3 brings just makes more covers get sold instead of going to people who don't have them..

Fury.
    I don't care about the single rewards, I'm working my butt off for that Fury cover.
  • Unknown
    Options
    *sigh* Rag at 1100 instead of Falcon at 1100 just pisses me off about those bugged Falcon rewards from the previous Doom tourney that much more...
  • Unknown
    Options
    I feel like I'm beginning to fall into a catch 22.

I have one character over 100(cap). It took ~ 800 points to get position 50(ie - cover territory) and I finished around 750(62nd). Everyone above and below me had 2+ 100 point characters(most with multiple max 141 character). So I feel fortunate that I was able to get that high in my bracket, but yet still fell short of getting the cover. And that's with starting 24 hours after the event launch(supposedly gets you in a bracket where the competition isn't as fierce).

So in order to compete with these teams, I need to level some of my guys higher. Problem is, I don't have another character covered enough to get him over the 100 level threshold. So I need covers. But I can't win covers cause my guys aren't leveled high enough and I need covers to make their cap higher.

And with a new 3* introduced every few weeks, the chances of pulling them from the random token get thinner and thinner. I do get 3*s from them, but I have so many < 4 covered three stars characters, they aren't much use to me.

I'm hoping that the last few tournaments were just outliers due to the new cover/excitement of the new season mode, and it will level off. But I'm beginning to lose hope.
  • elusive
    elusive Posts: 261 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Finally, some Patch - only found one cover of his in the four months I've played. I'm so intent on grabbing them that I'm actually thinking about ditching my current alliance, as they've been really lacking the last week or two and I really, really want that green cover.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Sweenz wrote:

I have one character over 100(cap). It took ~ 800 points to get position 50(ie - cover territory) and I finished around 750(62nd). Everyone above and below me had 2+ 100 point characters(most with multiple max 141 character). So I feel fortunate that I was able to get that high in my bracket, but yet still fell short of getting the cover. And that's with starting 24 hours after the event launch(supposedly gets you in a bracket where the competition isn't as fierce).

So in order to compete with these teams, I need to level some of my guys higher. Problem is, I don't have another character covered enough to get him over the 100 level threshold. So I need covers. But I can't win covers cause my guys aren't leveled high enough and I need covers to make their cap higher.

And with a new 3* introduced every few weeks, the chances of pulling them from the random token get thinner and thinner. I do get 3*s from them, but I have so many < 4 covered three stars characters, they aren't much use to me.

I'm hoping that the last few tournaments were just outliers due to the new cover/excitement of the new season mode, and it will level off. But I'm beginning to lose hope.

"Have you seen our cover store, offering beautiful 3* covers for 1250 Hero Points? Why, you can get two and have HP left over, for Only $20.00!" -d3p
  • Unknown
    Options
    Sweenz wrote:

I feel ya. I'm at a similar situation (except for the character over 100, my highest 3* is a 77 Hulk) and I feel like there are 2 options.

1-Have patience
    2-Spend a lot of money

At least I'm pretty much done with roster slots for now, so I can save that HP for shields.
  • Unknown
    Options
    morgh wrote:

If this had happened outside of the season/alliance framework, I would have played to 900 (or 1100, I actually don't have a finished Rag) and then let myself fall back to anywhere in the top 100. I literally need none of the top rewards.

But my alliance needs me, if not for Fury (our chances there are slim) then for bonus Patches. So I'll play as high as I can and spend potentially unreasonable amounts of HP on shields (any amount being unreasonable if you're just looking at the single event rewards). I'm not doing this for bragging rights, but (and though you underestimate the value of Heroic 10-packs, especially after the release of Fury into the wild) I agree with you entirely--there is far too much incentive for established players to take top spots in PVP right now. I think that a system like this is going to become a serious stumbling block for transitioning players.

It's a little weird, given that part of the rationale they gave for the removal of HP from 3* and 4* sales was to discourage people taking top spots just for HP sales. I hope that they're trying to come up with a systematic work-around for this cover-hogging. Maybe sold 3* covers could be made available to other players at discounted rates? Like, if I sell 3 Doctor Doom covers the day after God of Lies ends (which is exactly what happened, by the way), then there would be a pool of 3 Doctor Doom covers in a special sale tab for 500 HP apiece. This is pretty close to something someone else suggested, by the way, and not my idea.

But something probably needs to be done to stop veterans from totally throttling the flow of 3* covers to transitioning players.
  • Unknown
    Options
    gamar wrote:
    Sweenz wrote:

"Have you seen our cover store, offering beautiful 3* covers for 1250 Hero Points? Why, you can get two and have HP left over, for Only $20.00!" -d3p

Ha. Lets see.. I have thee 5 covered three stars(falcon, BP, Psylock). So I need to get ~ 8 covers to fully cover one of them... and ~16 to get a full team maxed.

So 10,000 hp for one and 20,000 hp for both.

*checks store*

Why, i could just by the stark salary and all my worries would be over! Thanks gamar! icon_e_wink.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Sweenz wrote:
    gamar wrote:
    Sweenz wrote:

Ha. Lets see.. I have thee 5 covered three stars(falcon, BP, Psylock). So I need to get ~ 8 covers to fully cover one of them... and ~16 to get a full team maxed.

So 10,000 hp for one and 20,000 hp for both.

*checks store*

Why, i could just by the stark salary and all my worries would be over! Thanks gamar! icon_e_wink.gif

icon_redface.gif

In seriousness though, LRs are nerfed, the new PvP MMR shows you level 120+ teams when you get anywhere close to top 10 (and beyond that gives ONE two star cover)... for all the complaining we got about NOOBS in the Simulator, PvE looks like literally the only place left where someone without a 3* roster can develop their team at all... not even talking about getting first place, but about getting ANYTHING worthwhile icon_neutral.gif