Top Gun May 07 - May 09 (Season 1)

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Venoms, shield, and now x-men are the only truely "top" (top meaning at least mildly competes with shield lol) alliance as far as I understand. Django just has good marketing lol.

S.H.I.E.L.D and Django are just in this to have a happy action fun time icon_mrgreen.gif

I'm sure some of the other alliances are too but I don't know enough to be for certain.
  • Unknown
    Options

Django just has good marketing lol.

+1 This made me LOL. Also we should be on that "top" list. We have won as many events as X-men icon_e_smile.gif so ner ner ner ner ner
  • Unknown
    Options

+1 This made me LOL. Also we should be on that "top" list. We have won as many events as X-men icon_e_smile.gif so ner ner ner ner ner

We consistently place top 5 so I'd like to think we're a top team icon_e_confused.gif
    But yeah our main focus is to have fun and hopefully kick some **** in the process.
  • wade66
    wade66 Posts: 212 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Thanks, jojeda654. Your reward for starting this thread is a Hawkeye in one of your next 20 standard tokens.

You may want to file a ticket, I think I got you reward by mistake.
  • Unknown
    Options
    MTGOFerret wrote:

We consistently place top 5 so I'd like to think we're a top team icon_e_confused.gif
    But yeah our main focus is to have fun and hopefully kick some **** in the process.

Not a knock, just an observation. So food for thought...You guys only had ~81% of the score of the score of the #3 team last event, x-men. Those 3 are clearly atm on a different tier than you guys. If we are saying top 10 alliance, sure, just not..you know "top" enough to be in the same sentence as shield. The difference between #5 and #3 is the same as between #45 and #5. Or yet another way to look at it, my score (1304) would have put me #1 on django, #6 on x-men, #5 on venom, and #11 on shield. Yes, its only one event being used, but if I looked back at the last 3-4 (which I unfortunealy cannot..I hoped we could and that the "past event" update would just be for 1 day after the end of an event :/) I could tell you that it wouldn't exactly be atypical.

I could say, who are the top 8 teams, but that's like lumping lazy thor, patch, magneto, and bp in with
    Psylocke and hulk on a tier list.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Or you could just agree that we are amazing and amazingly sexy and be done with it? I'm sure if we ever managed to stop twerking and discussing STD'S in our chat then we could mount a challenge. But that's never gonna happen. Also IceIX scores are so ridiculous, we are thinking of replacing him, but that's our little secret.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Pshaw. We all Know that the real action is with the alliances in the 25-50 range. icon_twisted.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Pshaw. We all Know that the real action is with the alliances in the 25-50 range. icon_twisted.gif

Honestly its prob with the alliances in the 80-150 range as they probably slip in and out of the right position like....hey unwiseone, help me out, I can't think of an example for something slipping in and out of position.

Certainly in shield the most interest will be with the 80-140 team range as teams jump around, switch members, decide if they should push the shield simulator, realize they are only top 100because each player has 2k in the sim and get worried or conversely realize nobody has started the sim and they are still #120, get discouraged and stop pushing or encouraged and start hopping shields to hop up to fury.

Also poor, iceX lol. He would actually only be 3rd to last in my alliance with that season score. And if you have someone at the bottom of your team, who better than iceIX? *There is a completely accidental joke in there somewhere*
  • Unknown
    Options
    while my patch is maxed i will go full throttle not because i want patch(which i do because i want it to go 535 so i can take advantage of hulk and cmags) but because with 1 place, xforce will be fully covered(542 get the rest in 45 days time)
  • Unknown
    Options
    hhmm, i hope this tourney is not as ridiculous as the doom's one that featured falcon as covers, presumbly and logically thinking people all want falcon covers. But then... its patch, i guess a lot of people needs that too ? Moreover, this is the only event right now, besides simulator versus of cause. Hope can fare well enough this time round !
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    For the people thinking that the Falcon update will happen AFTER this tournament is over, NO. They aren't going to do a data update over the weekend because if there is a problem, it won't be fixable right away.

I only see it happening after this tournament if they have a problem on the backend that delays the update, and in that case I would expect it early next week.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Not needing covers I will not push for top10 unless it looks like everyone there has fully covered patch.
  • Dreylin
    Dreylin Posts: 241
    Options
    I have two max covered Patch's
    You sir, are in the wrong alliance. Sadly we've just finished re-recruitment, but we'll keep your name in the mix for next time... icon_e_wink.gif

It might be time for me to start a second as well...
  • franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2014
    Options
    It seems i draw a pretty cool bracket.. No forumites.. No players from top alliances.. Even if climbing up to 1100-1200 pts is gonna be hellish due to the change in mmr, at least the green wolvie will ease the pain..
  • Unknown
    Options
    just jumped into a Sub and looks like i will have a few forumites in it, Psyko being probably the stiffest competition i have seen in top 10. Hoping these guys don't push to hard, i need all three Patch covers to get my build to an almost finished state (3/4/5).

Damn you Season 1 for making people play like Maniacs. lol
  • Unknown
    Options

Honestly its prob with the alliances in the 80-150 range as they probably slip in and out of the right position like....hey unwiseone, help me out, I can't think of an example for something slipping in and out of position.

Teens in the back of a Camaro?
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Ug, I got stuck in a 20 minute battle between opposing teams of OBW and low-level Falcons. The opposing Ares killed my Lazy Thor with Surrender--killing himself in the process--so all that was left were four support characters hitting each other with pea shooters and then healing up every few teams. I finally managed to win but it was not fun. At least no one can say I didn't earn those 25 points.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Well I'm sad my top gin coin gave me Thor cover when I have all the covers maxed. Oh well least I shall continue to rank up for the season
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    vudu3 wrote:
    Ug, I got stuck in a 20 minute battle between opposing teams of OBW and low-level Falcons. The opposing Ares killed my Lazy Thor with Surrender--killing himself in the process--so all that was left were four support characters hitting each other with pea shooters and then healing up every few teams. I finally managed to win but it was not fun. At least no one can say I didn't earn those 25 points.
    *grumble* it's Sunder
    cool story though!
  • Unknown
    Options
    Pamizard wrote:
    Well I'm sad my top gin coin gave me Thor cover when I have all the covers maxed. Oh well least I shall continue to rank up for the season

I WISH I could get a token for top gin instead of token for a lame 2* icon_lol.gif