Top Gun May 07 - May 09 (Season 1)

Options

Comments

• morgh
    morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Meh... the token for 300 gave me a yellow IW... only 2nd cover for her since I find her even weaker then X-force (whom I have at 11/13)

would have preferred a blue falcon for the CD tile management in PvE but I guess it's not bad in the long run icon_e_wink.gif
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Well I'm finally in MMR hell. 141s from the get go.
    Seeing 40 pointers of course, but I don't even want to start to climb. And this after tanking 5 complete LRs.
    I'd try tanking a few tournaments, season points be damned, but I think even that will only last for two 'easy' fights.
    I'll see how often I'll really get hit at which points, but if this plays out like I'm afraid it will, I might just be about to quit, I don't know.
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    I had been stuck in token hell for some time until this morning. I pulled a black Psylocke which completes her with a 5-3-5 build. I find her quite useful and hope to level her up as soon as I can.

As for the actual event, I'm tired of seeing Armando Ferraz in my queue...I can only skip one person so many times.
  • Unknown
    Options
    gamar wrote:
    Pamizard wrote:
    Well I'm sad my top gin coin gave me Thor cover when I have all the covers maxed. Oh well least I shall continue to rank up for the season

I WISH I could get a token for top gin instead of token for a lame 2* icon_lol.gif

Lol sorry I didn't really realize my typo since I'm on my tablet xD

But yeah this happened to me last time too with punisher's event I got the wrong cover that was already maxed. Oh well it happens I guess
  • Unknown
    Options
    after my season 1 heroic 10 pack gave me all 2 stars, i think i got a little good karma in return as i pulled a lazy thor with top gun token. Its a start MPQ gods, but i need more good pulls icon_e_smile.gif
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Options
    locked wrote:
    vudu3 wrote:
    Ug, I got stuck in a 20 minute battle between opposing teams of OBW and low-level Falcons. The opposing Ares killed my Lazy Thor with Surrender--killing himself in the process--so all that was left were four support characters hitting each other with pea shooters and then healing up every few teams. I finally managed to win but it was not fun. At least no one can say I didn't earn those 25 points.
    *grumble* it's Sunder
    cool story though!

You just blew my mind. I've been misreading the name of the power for months!
  • Unknown
    Options
    Just lost 2 covers and punisher at 200hp...thats what happend when I dont go in with boosts and only allowed to face 141 teams...3 health packs down...like **** already.

Im a patient guy but really srarting to get real angry with this game.
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    Chimaera wrote:
    Just lost 2 covers and punisher at 200hp...thats what happend when I dont go in with boosts and only allowed to face 141 teams...3 health packs down...like tinykitty already.

I hear you.
    I'm curious what'll happen once _everyone's_ MMR is so sky high that we only see equally strong teams from the start.
    I don't know if this is supposed to be 'fair' but it sure is not _fun_.
    Maybe the devs think we'll all turn into Slobofix, shield hopping from 600 onwards?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Chimaera wrote:
    Just lost 2 covers and punisher at 200hp...thats what happend when I dont go in with boosts and only allowed to face 141 teams...3 health packs down...like tinykitty already.

Out of curiousity, do you have some 141's yourself?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Toxicadam wrote:
    Chimaera wrote:

Out of curiousity, do you have some 141's yourself?

I'm sure he does, but trying to push to 1100 with all 141 battles is just not possible. The amount of time and damage you are going to take is crazy.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Four. But thats beside the point. Just because you have some 141 doesnt mean you can use them in every tourney. I cannot drop my mmr from getting attacked nor failing to win. If bad is good is run again or lone star I literally wont be able to win a match.

Would you think the game is fun if you only got to fight 141 teams from the very start.

Why am I lvling characters? Not that we get iso to so anymore. Pre kyipgate was great. Matches got challenging as soon as your score got high. This is just ****.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I was just asking for my own benefit. I don't have any 141's, but I do have about 10 characters that are leveled from 85-128.

So, I was just wondering/thinking that I should just keep everyone in that range because I am getting a nice mix of easier/appropriate opponents as I make my PvP climbs. I don't really see the 141's until I reach the 1000's.

I haven't entered this event yet, so maybe I will have a different experience this time.
  • Unknown
    Options
    i have a lvl 140 Punisher right now that is paired with OBW. i can hit 850 with some ease, but after that i am only queued up against teams of 141's that my team goes bust against...
  • Unknown
    Options
    Maybe. Falcon pvp is the exact same mmr as my doom mmr so it should pick up where you left off unless you raised it in lightning rounds. I have tanked seven rounds to no effect. Also retreated 20 times in my doom bracket to no effect.

I also do not run a healer so it gets bad really fast.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Decided to join a bracket now, so far so good but it's still early to celebrate.

Gotta say Falcon + OBW + Wolverine is actually pretty fun. Now that my OBW does extra damage with espionage, she is hitting like a truck after Wolverine does some green action and Falcon does some inspiration of his own. When the bonus for yellow becomes static I guess it'll get even better.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Chimaera wrote:
    Maybe. Falcon pvp is the exact same mmr as my doom mmr so it should pick up where you left off unless you raised it in lightning rounds. I have tanked seven rounds to no effect. Also retreated 20 times in my doom bracket to no effect.

I also do not run a healer so it gets bad really fast.

I think I'm in your sub bracket, so hopefully your MMR doesnt drop to much from LR's. I need that yellow patch icon_e_wink.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Ya you are ender. I knew that when you said you were in psychos bracket. Cant spell his name on the phone. I get a minimum of 1k per tourney and while red xforce is the only cover I dont have I will not shield hop to get it. Pure ftp so if its not positive ev I dont do it.
  • morgh
    morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Toxicadam wrote:
    I was just asking for my own benefit. I don't have any 141's, but I do have about 10 characters that are leveled from 85-128.

So, I was just wondering/thinking that I should just keep everyone in that range because I am getting a nice mix of easier/appropriate opponents as I make my PvP climbs. I don't really see the 141's until I reach the 1000's.

I haven't entered this event yet, so maybe I will have a different experience this time.

Your opponnents just cannot be based on the roster that you potentially have available... I simply refuse to believe in this. I think though that they went possibly overboard on dampening the loss effect on your MMR and thus it can get really high really fast while going down takes a long long time... or something close to this...

I also find it astonishing that we are not told the mechanics - I know this is nowhere close to caliber of WoW, however for a second I imagined that devs of WoW share nothing with their client base as D3 does... and then I imagined the outbreak of outrage ^_^
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    Wonder if MMR will go down again. Since losing in LRs doesn't seem to do anything, it doesn't look like it will.
    If it'll be like this in every tourney now I'm really done.
  • Unknown
    Options
    if the game mechanics are not forcing you to spend real money, its not Fun(balanced).