Top Gun May 07 - May 09 (Season 1)

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    edited May 2014
    Options
    finwe wrote:
    So we got 2 brackets crammed full of forumites in the same event, by chance? icon_eek.gif

Can any of the other guys in my bracket (apparently Spider-man 6234, Nemek, Polkio, Toxicadam, Twysta ) post their join times ?

I joined 8-MAY about 6 pm CET.

Yea, it was the most 'packed' bracket I've ever joined. I joined when I got home from work at about 5:00pm EST. So, it must have been a slow-filling bracket. I assumed everyone would be doing the Heroic event instead.

I broke 1000, then got smacked for -140 points in 2 minutes. Very disappointing and I had to shield after a few more wins. Doubt I'll push anymore even though I need one more green Rags (although 'need' is a subjective word).
  • daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Kappei wrote:
    daveomite wrote:
    so is needing 1000p for top 10 becoming the norm for PVP? or is that just because many people need patch for the heroic?

seems to be the new norm. i got close, just kept getting knocked back. seem to remember a time when 1k wasn't needed for top 5/10, etc.

dave, it was two weeks ago. icon_cry.gif

I was consistently getting top 5/top 10 with 700-800 points. Now? I can get in top 10 only if I'm lucky with the bracket.

lol... i remember. icon_e_smile.gif Season 1- me thinks that may be the culprit.
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    locked wrote:
    bracket of death, again. Well maybe this time around 1100+ will make it to top 10?.. lol
    Joined about 4 hours ago. I was 450-ish something at the time of joining.

iNGJjoSl.png
    @.@ same bracket. Though Kidd should be up the ranks soon. icon_e_smile.gif
  • daveomite
    Options
    kensterr wrote:
    locked wrote:
    bracket of death, again. Well maybe this time around 1100+ will make it to top 10?.. lol
    Joined about 4 hours ago. I was 450-ish something at the time of joining.

iNGJjoSl.png
    @.@ same bracket. Though Kidd should be up the ranks soon. icon_e_smile.gif

Well... at least locked got a picture. At least that way I can actually prove I was in the top 10 at one point, lol. There's still time, maybe I'll have to try some more, my goal is 10,288 points in Top Gun, so watch out. I'm even wearing my official Top Gun stunner shades to boot. Watch out.
  • kensterr
    Options
    Ek7CsrA.jpg
  • Spider-man 6234
    Options
    finwe wrote:
    So we got 2 brackets crammed full of forumites in the same event, by chance? icon_eek.gif

Can any of the other guys in my bracket (apparently Spider-man 6234, Nemek, Polkio, Toxicadam, Twysta ) post their join times ?

I joined yesterday at around 3:30 central time. It must have filled really slow if you got a spot at 6 p.m. Who knows. Maybe since I have so many forumites I'll break 1000 for the first time. Here's to hoping I get lucky! icon_e_smile.gif Cause if your lucky enough to be Irish then your lucky enough icon_e_wink.gif
  • daveomite
    Options
    kensterr wrote:
    Ek7CsrA.jpg

Damn skippy. Lol.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bracket of death, you say?
    Why, yes, nice of you to ask:

BTiTolu.png?1?4565

Plus, there's Davecazz and arrogant lurking behind top 10 as well.

And I hit Nazerith at least 3 times from 950 to 1100, so sorry for that if you're here... but you were the juiciest target available :S
    Although the points didn't seem to go down, so maybe he was shielded?

I _did_ skips lots of people who were between 1075 and 1099 though so hopefully I didn't hit anyone who was actually just trying to get to 1100 like myself.
  • kensterr
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    And I hit Nazerith at least 3 times from 950 to 1100, so sorry for that if you're here... but you were the juiciest target available :S

I _did_ skips lots of people who were between 1075 and 1099 though so hopefully I didn't hit anyone who was actually just trying to get to 1100 like myself.

You found your personal Kyip
  • franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I got this kyip in my bracket.. If only he knows he is the talk of the forum..
  • Unknown
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:

Nazerith is #1 in my bracket, and yes they are shielded.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Toxicadam wrote:
    Yea, it was the most 'packed' bracket I've ever joined. I joined when I got home from work at about 5:00pm EST. So, it must have been a slow-filling bracket. I assumed everyone would be doing the Heroic event instead.

I joined yesterday at around 3:30 central time. It must have filled really slow if you got a spot at 6 p.m. Who knows. Maybe since I have so many forumites I'll break 1000 for the first time. Here's to hoping I get lucky! icon_e_smile.gif Cause if your lucky enough to be Irish then your lucky enough icon_e_wink.gif

There is 5 hours difference between 5 pm EST and 6 pm CET, I can't belive that a bracket of 500 fills so slow. Also I'm only at 500 points with a 130+ team and getting hammered with attacks of 141 teams.

I wish they would stop tempering with MMR scoring and whatever mid season and mid events. This is frustrating as hell.
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Really, there is too many motivated people in this tournament: for the last hours I only fought to earn back the points I lost.
    As I am way too avaricious to spend hp on a shield right now I propose that
    1. everybody stops attacking me
    2. some of you put easy tank teams with lot of points
    Thanks for your attention icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    klingsor wrote:
    Only Django and Scavengers have managed to win PVE outside of Shield and us.

Could be wrong about this, but didn't Retribution take one down recently?

You are right, I had forgotten about that.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Oh boy, top 10 in my bracket is already 900 points...
  • Unknown
    Options
    finwe wrote:
    Toxicadam wrote:

There is 5 hours difference between 5 pm EST and 6 pm CET, I can't belive that a bracket of 500 fills so slow. Also I'm only at 500 points with a 130+ team and getting hammered with attacks of 141 teams.

I wish they would stop tempering with MMR scoring and whatever mid season and mid events. This is frustrating as hell.

Try being a mostly maxed 2* team getting hit by the same peeps(level 141s), and for a 30+ point loss.
  • Unknown
    Options
    sup123 wrote:
    Oh boy, top 10 in my bracket is already 900 points...

yeah, this PVE event being so jacked up is driving everyone to this event sadly... so much for trying to get top 10 for me
  • Spider-man 6234
    Options
    Well add clintman and Hailmary to the aforementioned nemek polkio fruzby twysta and one 5DV. Could this bracket get any worse?!?!?!

Edit: and finwe (not sure of your ign)
  • tbighead21
    tbighead21 Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Top 10 posts are becoming super difficult to reach lately. 700 points used to be enough to get a top 10 spot... now we need over 900 pts. I don't think it has to do with the rewards icon_e_confused.gif
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    finwe wrote:

It filled super slowly, I watched for awhile since we were trying to get Polkio a different bracket, then decided to screw it, since we were looking at hours, likely. I probably joined at like 6 eastern.