Top Gun May 07 - May 09 (Season 1)

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    tbighead21 wrote:
    Top 10 posts are becoming super difficult to reach lately. 700 points used to be enough to get a top 10 spot... now we need over 900 pts. I don't think it has to do with the rewards icon_e_confused.gif

I don't either, or with season 1. My theory is that it's the new MMR system... previously, when you were at 700 trying to climb to 1100, you were constantly getting knocked back down by hordes of people with scores from 200 points. Now, it seems that when you have a score of 200 you're much more likely to see people with scores of 200-400 rather than people with scores all over the board. That means that people with high points are being seen and hit by far fewer people when they're unshielded and climbing
  • Unknown
    Options
    gamar wrote:
    tbighead21 wrote:
    Top 10 posts are becoming super difficult to reach lately. 700 points used to be enough to get a top 10 spot... now we need over 900 pts. I don't think it has to do with the rewards icon_e_confused.gif

I don't either, or with season 1. My theory is that it's the new MMR system... previously, when you were at 700 trying to climb to 1100, you were constantly getting knocked back down by hordes of people with scores from 200 points. Now, it seems that when you have a score of 200 you're much more likely to see people with scores of 200-400 rather than people with scores all over the board. That means that people with high points are being seen and hit by far fewer people when they're unshielded and climbing

And not having a roster full of 141, after around 800 points you might as well just dress as Bullseye to match the big target on your forehead.
    At least this way retals give more points, but it's little comfort when you'll waste 5 minutes trying to kill those 141s just to have them retal you back.
  • Unknown
    Options
    finwe wrote:
    Toxicadam wrote:
    Yea, it was the most 'packed' bracket I've ever joined. I joined when I got home from work at about 5:00pm EST. So, it must have been a slow-filling bracket. I assumed everyone would be doing the Heroic event instead.

I joined yesterday at around 3:30 central time. It must have filled really slow if you got a spot at 6 p.m. Who knows. Maybe since I have so many forumites I'll break 1000 for the first time. Here's to hoping I get lucky! icon_e_smile.gif Cause if your lucky enough to be Irish then your lucky enough icon_e_wink.gif

There is 5 hours difference between 5 pm EST and 6 pm CET, I can't belive that a bracket of 500 fills so slow. Also I'm only at 500 points with a 130+ team and getting hammered with attacks of 141 teams.

I wish they would stop tempering with MMR scoring and whatever mid season and mid events. This is frustrating as hell.

See this is what I am wondering. everyone saying they noticed their brackets fill so slow might be just because it's trying to fill brackets based on MMR now. I don't think THAT many people are skipping the falcon tourney especially this far into it(<a day left). It doesn't tell you when its full anymore so maybe it's because it's more dynamic. This would be a HORRIBLE idea first off, but second off if they did it secretly that's even worse. I think I will use one of my alt steam accounts and join a bracket the same time as I do next time and report back.
  • Unknown
    Options
    This is just brutal all the way around. Seasons may have been the final straw to push me away from the game. With the top ten pushing 1000 and 8 of the top ten have either a 141 535 or 553 Patch you know that the prize is not what everyone is after. If this is the way thing will be from now on the middle of the road roster will be chewed apart. PvE provides the lower roster some where to lead and the PVP is full 3* land now.
  • Unknown
    Options
    My bracket has some of the top 10 in the high 800s / low 900s, but the matchmaking this time around has been brutal.

I tend to see either teams with 2 85s which are at 19 or lower or teams with 2 141s which use me like a teenaged boy at a Bryan Singer house party.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I saw nothing but 2x 85's @ 15-22 points each until 900 pts. Never saw a 3* once until I hit 950.

I'm using 141 cMags/ 141 Patch / and 64 Falcon btw
  • Unknown
    Options
    It appears 700 is some sort of magical threshold. Get up to 780, get hit 3-4 times by level 100+ level teams(that are somehow 200-300 points below me). They knock me down to 680. I wait a couple hours for my shields to regen.. go again. Make it up to 750.. bam... immediately hit by two more 100+ level teams more than 200 points below me. I sit at 699, noone touches me again til I attack and go up to 720. Bam... 2x 141 + 69 falcon team hits me and I'm back down to 686.
  • daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    tbighead21 wrote:

in one of at least two "Bracket of Doom's" - I have 999 and only in 11th because someone lost a match apparently. So, 900 would be great if it were the top. All top 10 here are 1k+, lol.
  • Unknown
    Options
    daveomite wrote:
    tbighead21 wrote:

in one of at least two "Bracket of Doom's" - I have 999 and only in 11th because someone lost a match apparently. So, 900 would be great if it were the top. All top 10 here are 1k+, lol.

That was me, I did not loose a match, I lost a bunch of them for a negative 152 points, got distracted by work and forgot about my shield expiring, knocked me down from 3rd all the way to 14th. Freaking work icon_twisted.gif
  • morgh
    morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor
    Options
    poontree wrote:
    I saw nothing but 2x 85's @ 15-22 points each until 900 pts. Never saw a 3* once until I hit 950.

I'm using 141 cMags/ 141 Patch / and 64 Falcon btw
    Wait for it...
    I was using 138 cMag/141 LT/51 Falcon and in the Ragnarok event have 141's from the start... it just takes a while apparently for your MMR to skyrocket and stay there no matter how many times you lose/retreat
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    So, to bust my butt for a 5th yellow Patch or not... bracket of death... Patch killing your scaling... tough choice x)
  • daveomite
    Options
    daveomite wrote:
    tbighead21 wrote:

That was me, I did not loose a match, I lost a bunch of them for a negative 152 points, got distracted by work and forgot about my shield expiring, knocked me down from 3rd all the way to 14th. Freaking work icon_twisted.gif

holy ****... damn work! Whoever thought work was a good idea should be shot! Repeatedly!! Didn't they realize we have more important things to do with our time, like games? Sheezh!

Lol...seriously though, ouch. I'm sure you'll make it up to those attackers somehow.
  • daveomite
    Options
    locked wrote:
    So, to bust my butt for a 5th yellow Patch or not... bracket of death... Patch killing your scaling... tough choice x)

We certainly are in the Bracket of Death, huh? Lol. Crazy one. Top 15 all 940+. As far back as it will let me see
  • daveomite
    Options
    Between the Bracket of Death/Doom we all have... and the 31 page beast of a thread on Heroic Oscorp...One doozy of a 24 hour period.
  • Unknown
    Options
    daveomite wrote:
    daveomite wrote:
    tbighead21 wrote:

holy ****... damn work! Whoever thought work was a good idea should be shot! Repeatedly!! Didn't they realize we have more important things to do with our time, like games? Sheezh!

Lol...seriously though, ouch. I'm sure you'll make it up to those attackers somehow.

Not really, not enough time, I'm not going to be able to play until almost an hour before it ends and its kinda risky to go all out at that time, I had queued almost 90 points that I was going to hit as soon as my shield broke but I missed that chance and paid for it, those would have given me 1st place for the moment.........oh well, at least I don't need any of the covers they are awarding, if those were hood or torch covers then yeah I would have punched someone .
  • Unknown
    Options
    so, breaking shield gave me 6minutes, which gave me 2 matches and let me re-shield. that's good, cause at 7min i got hit once and by 9 min i got hit 4 more times.
    hi goku, bigwax, sauce, etc icon_e_wink.gif

anyways, if psyko or goku are reading this, i'd appreciate the covers, i noticed you guys have them maxed out... are you planning to push beyond 1.3k (ie, how high should i be looking to push)?
  • daveomite
    Options
    daveomite wrote:

Not really, not enough time, I'm not going to be able to play until almost an hour before it ends and its kinda risky to go all out at that time, I had queued almost 90 points that I was going to hit as soon as my shield broke but I missed that chance and paid for it, those would have given me 1st place for the moment.........oh well, at least I don't need any of the covers they are awarding, if those were hood or torch covers then yeah I would have punched someone .

Ugh... sorry to hear. Maybe you can get lucky in that last hour... or few defensive wins to pick it back up.
  • Unknown
    Options
    daveomite wrote:
    daveomite wrote:

Ugh... sorry to hear. Maybe you can get lucky in that last hour... or few defensive wins to pick it back up.

Ill probably do a match or 2 and try to get into the top 10, don't really care about the rewards but the points for season1, besides I have to play some pve
  • daveomite
    Options
    daveomite wrote:
    daveomite wrote:

Ill probably do a match or 2 and try to get into the top 10, don't really care about the rewards but the points for season1, besides I have to play some pve

Good luck... all kinds of crazies in the bracket waiting to pounce on any unsuspecting unshielded player. lol. I could certainly use a Patch, as all I have thus far is one measly yellow cover... but more focused on Season 1 points too, so I understand.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Ugh... sorry to hear. Maybe you can get lucky in that last hour... or few defensive wins to pick it back up.[/quote]

Ill probably do a match or 2 and try to get into the top 10, don't really care about the rewards but the points for season1, besides I have to play some pve[/quote]

Good luck... all kinds of crazies in the bracket waiting to pounce on any unsuspecting unshielded player. lol. I could certainly use a Patch, as all I have thus far is one measly yellow cover... but more focused on Season 1 points too, so I understand.[/quote]

You should def push for patch covers, mine is fully covered and upgraded and he is an offensive beast.